The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

^ no need to reinstall, mostly everything works fine, and nothing gets deleted, for a safe side just back up some important ones,

RTM stands for release to manufacture - its just like a final beta release, checked for sometime and only important security and bug fixes are applied and when found satisfactory its released officially as certain version and thats retail or OEM.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^ no need to reinstall, mostly everything works fine, and nothing gets deleted, for a safe side just back up some important ones,

RTM stands for release to manufacture - its just like a final beta release, checked for sometime and only important security and bug fixes are applied and when found satisfactory its released officially as certain version and thats retail or OEM.

RTM is not final beta release. It is OS that is given to hardware manufacturers so that they can build the s/w for their hardware (laptops/desktops), do the compatibility testing for their models, inject their packages and tools etc and be ready with "comes with windows 7" laptops/desktop for the official launch.

between RTM and retail, there is no difference. development freeze is usually applied before RTM.

Help me guys i'm having a very annoying problem in windows 7 Ult 64bit.
My recycle bin is not working properly. When i send something to the recycle bin it is not shown in the recycle bin explorer and i when i click restore all items it doesn't restores it. The only option working is empty recycle bin. Any solution appreciated.
I already tried sfc\scannow but it didn't restore anything. Scanned the C drive for viruses using AVG Free Latest Updated but it didn't show any virus. Please help guys.

NarutoNamikaze

Right off the assembly line
^^ Page 6, Last Post

Any help with the first part of my question about uninstalling Windows 7 RC.........

Thanks in advance.:p

NarutoNamikaze

Right off the assembly line
@ desibond

I have win xp, vista and win 7 with win vista set as the default OS, if thats what you mean by active in the bootloader. All the three OSes are there in the bootloader so that i can boot into any of the three.

gauravgargi

Broken In
I have installed Windows 7 Professional x86 that came with digit DVD January-2010.
How can I crack it to convert it to full version .... can anyone help???

Thannks.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have installed Windows 7 Professional x86 that came with digit DVD January-2010.
How can I crack it to convert it to full version .... can anyone help???

Thannks.

1) Go to nearest Microsoft Retail Store
2) Take your Credit card or cash from purse
3) Purchase MS windows 7 professional by paying the required amount
4) Get the DVD pack
5) Come home
6) change the license key to the one that is mentioned in that original MS windows 7 DVD kit

very simple.

gauravgargi

Broken In
My trial version of win 7 is about to over in 2 days.... win 7 is the only OS i m using, Now I want to format my c: (on which win 7 is installed now) and installl win XP.

I have tried booting using bootable win XP cd but unable to boot,
What should I do???

Thanks

gauravgargi

Broken In
It is done now.... previously I was using pirated XP cd... I installed XP from it many times but after that I tried my original win XP cd... It worked....posting this reply using my Win XP now....

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 26636

can someone help me with this problem- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124181

Last edited by a moderator:

Achuth

In the zone
Can we install win-7 on a portable HDD. i hav one .but when i select the partition .the setup says USb is not supported....are the cloud OS'es portable.?????

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I have some question about Genuine Windows 7 OS purchase.....

by purchasing I mean by visiting MS authorized (mention in MS website) retail store and get the DVD pack on cash payment,

If anyone purchase a retail DVD pack,

what kind of license he get ? Once he installed can he upgrade/degrade his machine such as removing HDD/Optical drive or installing new GPU or vice versa, after that will that licence work...as I read earlier that there is a unique hardware ID every machine...is it not changed ?

If the Host machine is destroyed or if any one want to install another machine by completely un-installing from previous machine is it possible ?

Please throw some light...I am completely noob in Genuine Stuff.

Any link about what a retail user can do or don't will be helpful.

Top Bottom