The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Re: First review iPhone = iUseless

read the first line of the artile u posted and then read the line u posted :lol:

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)

^ i already read the whole article n totally agree wid gx_saurav..therefore i wrote the above line ... !

i knew the line had already been written...i wrote my review ! it was the same !

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Sure, it lacks some features, but there's no flaw that make it "iUseless".
Some features? It lacks basic features such as custom ringtone, Flash in browser (even opera mobile has it) & much more. These lack of features is what makes iphone = iUseless

Oh I forgot, 2nd Salesman of Apple in the forum who is also a very big idiot who once tried to fit a Core 2 Duo in his Mac Pro, in the XEON socket :D

By the way, I should mention. Out of the 4 iPhone reviewers so far, 3 are Apple Macmen, named David Pogue, Walter S. Mossberg and Katherine Boehret, Steven Levy

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

BlackBerry7100g said:
^ i already read the whole article n totally agree wid gx_saurav..therefore i wrote the above line ... !
that was for nep u posted when i was typing

Pathik

Google Bot

dude gx u r in overdrive today .. Lol.. Btw wtf evy1 must hav expected the iphone to record video.. This sux

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

are woh, Mock cat main 40 marks aaye out of 120 :D, 23rd rank in lucknow. Thats why so happy

(meri mehnat nahi thi, bagal wali ki thi :-")

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)

gx_saurav said:
are woh, Mock cat main 40 marks aaye out of 120 :D, 23rd rank in lucknow. Thats why so happy

(meri mehnat nahi thi, bagal wali ki thi :-")

Congrats !

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner

gx_saurav said:
Some features? It lacks basic features such as custom ringtone, Flash in browser (even opera mobile has it) & much more. These lack of features is what makes iphone = iUseless
Yes, these are the flaws. But really, when you go and buy a phone, do you asj questions like "Does it support custom ringtone?" and "Does it support Flash?"?

Oh I forgot, 2nd Salesman of Apple in the forum who is also a very big idiot who once tried to fit a Core 2 Duo in his Mac Pro, in the XEON socket :D
I had just seen the "Core 2 Duo" picture on the AnandTech page and had thought it was a C2D on Mac Pro. Why would they post the picture then?

Besides, the flaw of Mac Pro you mentioned was itself idiotic. You were complaining about a computer with a Xeon socket not supporting C2D.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

yes the 1 thing tht i missed in my 6600 till i found the plugin was applying normal mp3s as ringtones ... and thts what i meant when i say that dikhave pe mat jao apni akal lagao ....

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

nepcker said:
Yes, these are the flaws. But really, when you go and buy a phone, do you asj questions like "Does it support custom ringtone?" and "Does it support Flash?"?

Dude this is 2007, custom mp3 ring tones are there since 2003 :D. You are high today, right....abe bhang mat charaya kar. A 35K phone which is touted as smart phone has no support for flash while N95 has support for flash & much more. Now still you say iPhone is justified & not a failure product.

I had just seen the "Core 2 Duo" picture on the AnandTech page and had thought it was a C2D on Mac Pro. Why would they post the picture then?

Besides, the flaw of Mac Pro you mentioned was itself idiotic. You were complaining about a computer with a Xeon socket not supporting C2D.

Wasn't it you who said "i can upgrade the CPU in my Mac Pro by buying any C2D Out there ":D & wasn't it you said "Mac Pro CPU can be upgraded". You are such a ignorant person, XEONs do not sale on shelf like C2D does.

You never tried reading that what Anandtech was using was a engg. sample of upcoming Clovertown Xeon, since the architecture of Clovertown is based on Core 2 Duo, Mac thought it is Core 2 duo. Seriously, when was the last time u used some common sense. You are yourself saying, "yes, iPhone has serious flaws" & then you are again saying "no it is not a bad phone". What is there good in iPhone other then Ipod features :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Apple & Macboy Philosophy : Dikhawe par jao, apni aakal mat lagao

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Everyone is waiting for iPhone 2.0 from day 1. its just that the way Macboys portrayed & now got pwned & refusing to buy iPhone 1.0 themselves makes me laugh at them/.

goobimama

 Macboy

And thank god for no mp3 ringtone! I'm getting tired of hearing my friend's K790is and w800is' just outputting poor harsh quality songs over and over again. Spoilt Pentagram's voice for me...

That being said, sure it should HAVE the feature nonetheless, for there are still those pests (read = ^^^) who like that kind of ram jam. I personally use the "ring" tone on my phone.

The iPhone is still the best phone out there for me and I will grab it as soon as I CAN.

assasin

Banned

goobimama said:
And thank god for no mp3 ringtone! I'm getting tired of hearing my friend's K790is and w800is' just outputting poor harsh quality songs over and over again. Spoilt Pentagram's voice for me...

grapes r sour.:D :D

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

goobi said:
The iPhone is still the best phone out there for me and I will grab it as soon as I CAN.
Yup, we know that u need cover flow & iPod features not the phone, like I myself say, iPhone is the best iPod out there. Too bad it hardly does anything a phone does. Its more like iPod + Nokia 1100 combined :D

assasin said:
grapes r sour.
Lolz....very true. :D . The current ringtone I m using in my phone from 1 year is the first 10 second of the song "Ya ali from Gangster". Completely unique, no one else has it & if the phone rings in the crowd then I know it is mine unlike those other users who are using some movie midi downloaded from indiatimes or yahoo.

Oh & the 10 second music clip is MP3 :D

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

goobimama said:

As S.T.A.L.K.E.R. said, Grapes are sour.
Thats the dumbest justification I have heard, no wait its the 2nd dumbest. Here is the dumbest one. Its not a compulsion,you don't like it don't use it. But many ppl like it(including me) and in fact I never used polyphonic ringtone since I got w810i. I love using custom ringtones, and everyone in my hostel use custom ringtone(those who can). But iPhone won't allow me, what a dumbass phone.Lack of such basic feature is shameful.

Last edited:

jainshubhanyu

Broken In

gx_saurav said:
[/B]Oh I forgot, 2nd Salesman of Apple in the forum who is also a very big idiot who once tried to fit a Core 2 Duo in his Mac Pro, in the XEON socket :D

The choice of words he uses for fellow men clearly describe the upbringing he recieved from his parents. It is indeed his words which made me comment here, for it hurts to se someone ridicule and insult another like this.

I do not know what the moderators are upto, definitely there are some posting rules, and as such, posts which are offending in nature are banned, I suppose?

K

krazyfrog

goobimama said:

That being said, sure it should HAVE the feature nonetheless, for there are still those pests (read = ^^^) who like that kind of ram jam. I personally use the "ring" tone on my phone.

Then you'll have to buy iPhone's for your friends (and everyone else who's near you) too. Otherwise you'll continue to hear the ram-jam.
I think Apple seems to have taken the success of iPod for granted, that a product without much features CAN sell in big numbers, by just having a good interface, good looks and doing the stuff it is supposed to do well (playing music, as in case of iPod). But cell phones are a different ball game altogether. They're not just supposed to have a good UI and make and recieve calls. They're supposed to capture high resolution image and videos, playback music and videos, surf the net, send/recieve mails, view/edit office documents, and a lot others. Sadly iPhone doesn't do most of these well, while not doing some at all. Which at its price is inexcusable. Only thing its good at is playing music and videos which still doesn't justify its price. If i had the money, i'll still go for N95. Offers much more than what you've paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom