The Official DIGIT IRC Chat Server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
We have our own IRC server setup! This means you can chat with us and other Digit readers in real-time! The server details and instructions are given below.

Server Address: irc.raaabo.com
Channel: #Digit

If you're using Opera, it's really simple. Firefox requires a small addon called Chatzilla. If you don't like using your browser as your chat client, then you can download one of the many IRC clients.

Connecting using Opera
Opera has an integrated IRC client. Simply click HERE to join the chat. You'll just have to enter your nick and some other details.

Connecting using Chatzilla (Firefox addon)
Step 1.
Install the Chatzilla addon from HERE

Step 2. Once installed, click HERE to connect.

Connecting to Digit’s IRC server using X-Chat
Step 1. Download and install an IRC client. We’re using X-chat. You can use any - HydraIRC, mIRC, Miranda IM, Pidgin,etc). Steps for the other clients aren't identical but they are similar.

Step 2. Add Digit's IRC server to the list
Enter your nickname and alternate nicks. Click Add and enter the name as Thinkdigit, then click on Edit. Enter the server address as irc.raaabo.com/6667. Click Close
*img183.imageshack.us/img183/7503/addserver1.jpg*img194.imageshack.us/img194/5341/addserver2.jpg

Step 3. Click Connect and you should be soon logged into the IRC server. If it doesn't work, the command to be used is /server irc.raaabo.com

Step 4. Join the #Digit channel
A popup should ask you which channel you want to connect to. Type #Digit.
*img192.imageshack.us/img192/4991/joinchannel.jpg
If it doesn't, type /join #Digit in the chatbox at the bottom of the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
cyberjunkie

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
Can someone guide to Setup IRC on Trillian Astra i'm kinda new to it.

Look for a connections or a plugins window. Create a new IRC connection and set the server as irc.thinkdigit.com. Connect to the IRC server and type /join #digit to connect.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Yes
and default password is your username when you register your user id. I took time to figure that out and change it.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
BTW is there any other way to open Digit IRC using firefox without installing That extension? I just dont want to install it!

Aspire

Padawan
xChat
Or maybe Another Custom Made IRC Chat Client
I'm using opera
It's The best

Krazzy Warrior said:
@Aspire
For god sake Use EDIT button!
Now i m getting u on my nerves!
It should be You are getting on My Nerves

Last edited: