the M2N Motherboards for Gaming !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Broken In
How good is The M2N - MX / VM series of motherboard with gforce 6150/6100 chipset for games?

is the chipset a gimmick for does it really show a difference in gaming?

i want to play STALKER/FEAR/Quake4/ Etc at medium to high res

1024 or 1152.

on 1gb ram/ 4200+ Amd

OP
Zen

Zen

Broken In
How good is The ASUS M2N - MX / VM series of motherboard with gforce 6150/6100 chipset for games?

1024 or 1152.

on 1gb ram/ 4200+ Amd

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Zen said:
How good is The ASUS M2N - MX / VM series of motherboard with gforce 6150/6100 chipset for games?

1024 or 1152.

on 1gb ram/ 4200+ Amd
I think u should have posted this in the hardware section.Anyway, the geforce 6150/6100 is not for gaming.Asus has its own gaming series of motherboards classified as the "Republic of gamers" which start at Rs 15k.They don't have VGA card.For u to play stalker,Fear and quake 4 at 1024*768 u need atleast a 7600GT.When it comes to playing games u should have a stronger budget.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Zen said:

1024 or 1152.

on 1gb ram/ 4200+ Amd
I think u should have posted this in the hardware section.Anyway, the geforce 6150/6100 is not for gaming.Asus has its own gaming series of motherboards classified as the "Republic of gamers" which start at Rs 15k.They don't have VGA card.For u to play stalker,Fear and quake 4 at 1024*768 u need atleast a 7600GT.When it comes to playing games u should have a stronger budget.

And why posting twice.You are making a lot of mistakes,don't take this forum for granted.

OP
Zen

Zen

Broken In
Sorry about that, i was unsure about the people accessing the gamerz section might not have a look in the hardware section or vice versa

feel free to delete this thread.

And will the 8400 GS be any good for gaming at that resolution? at most of the features on max? i saw chotos review it was good but not comprehensive..
users having that card could feel free to post their comments.

with so many cards in the market and the GS GT GTX being low.higher.higest in the price range, are there any older cards in the same price range as the 8400 GS that is value for money?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Zen said:
Sorry about that, i was unsure about the people accessing the gamerz section might not have a look in the hardware section or vice versa

feel free to delete this thread.

And will the 8400 GS be any good for gaming at that resolution? at most of the features on max? i saw chotos review it was good but not comprehensive..
users having that card could feel free to post their comments.

with so many cards in the market and the GS GT GTX being low.higher.higest in the price range, are there any older cards in the same price range as the 8400 GS that is value for money?
U can buy an XFX Geforce 8600 GT for Rs 6500.U won't be able to get the performance with 8400GS at 1024*768.When it comes to gaming u should atleast spend on a midrange card.Low end cards won't cut it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Get a 7600GT for 6k or an 8600GT for 6.5k. Onboard GFX is for basic gaming.
With a 6150/6100 GFX, u can play most games at 800*600 low~med only.
ATI's 690G based mobos has a bit more onboard GFX ferfomance[performs near the 6200 dedicated card].

Inorder to play Stalker, FEAR etc, u will need a gud gFX card.
FEAR can be played at higherst possible sstings[4xAA, 8X AF, soft shadows, max details] @1280*980 on a 7600GT with an avg fps of 35.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Zen said:
How good is The M2N - MX / VM series of motherboard with gforce 6150/6100 chipset for games?

1024 or 1152.

on 1gb ram/ 4200+ Amd
go for M2N-VM its more recent than m2n-mx & m2n-mx has few probs with sound drivers.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
this 6150 is good for light gaming like playing NFS carbon at mid settings.
It's for playing older games till u r saving for PCI-e card.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Zen
an 8400GS is no gud than a 7300GS. It wont come near a 7300GT.

SO get at least an 8500GS or GT to play @ 1280*1024.
But ull have to scale down to 2X AA nd AF. HDR nd soft shadows to off, etc.

And lastly, M2N PV VM has much more overclockin options but costs near 4k.
Orelse go for ASUS M2A VM with ATI X1250. It also has enuf overclocking options.
If u get ny ATI cards for dat[690G mobo], then u can have max 4 monitors as the onboard display connectors also worx even if a card is used.

Last edited:
OP
Zen

Zen

Broken In
Thanks for The reply guys,

eventually i ended up getting a M2N MX - SE (im not sure how good it is when it comes to gaming) but it seems like a compact option..2 ramslots etc..

there was M2NM2AVPN, but it had a faulty on board soundcard :|

now i need to test how good this is for overclocking/ and then ill either get 1 gb of more ram, or a graphics card.

cheers :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Zen
have u got the g card?
Set everythin to low/off on nvidia control panel. Then only the Onboard GFZ works even at 1024*768 orelse it wud lag like !@#^&

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom