The Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m thread

savvy

Broken In
^^ Well ignore it... it started to peel off on mine too but i just ignored it and IDK but now its firm enough...
Coating of touchpad in my case also started to wear off.. Now the touchpad has some place with coating and some without... Sometimes it become very difficult to use it due to roughness.. :-(
What happened in your case ?? All the coating peeled off ?? Is it advisable to remove the coating in the remaining area ?? :p

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^I don't know... the touchpad will work for sure but i cannot guarantee the smoothness anyway in my case it never came out much it's just a dot on the side.

savvy

Broken In
My action centre is showing install your memory card reader driver after upgrading to windows 8.1 . I have tried installing driver from lenovo as well as realtek website. Still the message doesn't go away. Any suggestion ?

debarshi

Otaku
^^I don't know... the touchpad will work for sure but i cannot guarantee the smoothness anyway in my case it never came out much it's just a dot on the side.

Use a mouse. Seriously. I talked to the service centre, they said they'd replace the panel if I had issues.. I chose not to, its just the lamination, and doesn't quite bother me

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh okay, another issue.. I need to upgrade my ram to 8 GB and install an SSD. Any self help tips would be very appreciated

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Use a mouse. Seriously. I talked to the service centre, they said they'd replace the panel if I had issues.. I chose not to, its just the lamination, and doesn't quite bother me

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh okay, another issue.. I need to upgrade my ram to 8 GB and install an SSD. Any self help tips would be very appreciated
Well look for a RAM which will enable dual channel.... and you can replace your odd if you want by using a 9.5 mm HDD caddy for SSD installation

Top Bottom