The Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m thread

mgavahyk

Right off the assembly line
why GT 645 M is better than GT 740 M in games benchmark?!

GT740 M
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

GT645 M
NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

can i TRUST to notebookcheck ?!

sam383131

well it is under warranty, they changed mine, the entire frame and i lost my stickers :( However i suggest you to use it the way it is.

I'm facing the same issue, how much time did they take to repair it?
n why don't you suggest sending it fr repair? for the stickers?

farlaks

Broken In
I'm facing the same issue, how much time did they take to repair it?
n why don't you suggest sending it fr repair? for the stickers?
if its working without much issues using it is a better option rather than geting ur new machine open up. And I suggested so because it's not even a day and the problem is back on the new touchpad.
It was an on site repair and took a little more than two hours.

dexty

after going thru this thread i hav boiled down my options to z500-341235 or z500 380463 . one has 645m and another 740m, both of them comes right into my budget. plz anyone tell me which to go for. and also tell me if thr is any other gaming laptop in the same price range

debarshi

Otaku
^By all means go for 740m.... Why on earth would you want an older model?

And for all those who updated to Windows 8.1, is the Dolby profile selector working?

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Guys,

I am considering the Core I7 version of this laptop.I have a few questions though, which the actual owners of this laptop would be able to answer.

1. I have heard rumors that the Core I7 version of Z500 comes with a GT 750M card, is this true, does anybody here have that model ?

2. What is the memory/bus config and core architecture of the more commonly available GT 740M ?.

Previous posts in this thread mention it to be GK 208 cores along with a DDR3 config on a 64 bit bus, Is the same true for the core I7 version of this laptop ?

QUOTE FROM NOTEBOOKCHECK

"The gaming performance of the GeForce GT 740M depends on the used chip. Our benchmarks with a GK107 version show a performance just 10 percent below the GT 650M. Current games (as of 2013) can thus be played in medium to high settings. In older titles, there are also reserves for additional quality features like AA and AF. The GK208 version, however, performs significantly worse and is sometimes even below the GT 640M. Still, the performance depends on the core clock and the GPU "

How is the performance of this card while playing the latest games(Metro LL, COH 2, Crysis 3, BF 4 , COD Ghosts etc) ????

I expect the I7 3632QM/740M to perform better than the I5 3230M/740M, but the performance is comparable because both use the same card.

Some solid FPS numbers on games would be great.:)

And I am getting 2 more configs in this price range(60-65K)

Samsung NP550-S05In : Core I7 3630QM/GT 650M

Dell Inspiron 15R : Core I7-4500U/ Amd Radeon 8850M

Which one would be the best gaming config acc to you guys ?

Thanks In Advance,
Abhijit

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Guys,

I am considering the Core I7 version of this laptop.I have a few questions though, which the actual owners of this laptop would be able to answer.

1. I have heard rumors that the Core I7 version of Z500 comes with a GT 750M card, is this true, does anybody here have that model ?

2. What is the memory/bus config and core architecture of the more commonly available GT 740M ?.

Previous posts in this thread mention it to be GK 208 cores along with a DDR3 config on a 64 bit bus, Is the same true for the core I7 version of this laptop ?

QUOTE FROM NOTEBOOKCHECK

"The gaming performance of the GeForce GT 740M depends on the used chip. Our benchmarks with a GK107 version show a performance just 10 percent below the GT 650M. Current games (as of 2013) can thus be played in medium to high settings. In older titles, there are also reserves for additional quality features like AA and AF. The GK208 version, however, performs significantly worse and is sometimes even below the GT 640M. Still, the performance depends on the core clock and the GPU "

How is the performance of this card while playing the latest games(Metro LL, COH 2, Crysis 3, BF 4 , COD Ghosts etc) ????

I expect the I7 3632QM/740M to perform better than the I5 3230M/740M, but the performance is comparable because both use the same card.

Some solid FPS numbers on games would be great.:)

And I am getting 2 more configs in this price range(60-65K)

Samsung NP550-S05In : Core I7 3630QM/GT 650M

Dell Inspiron 15R : Core I7-4500U/ Amd Radeon 8850M

Which one would be the best gaming config acc to you guys ?

Thanks In Advance,
Abhijit
first of all z500 is in 45k range(740m one; not sure if z500 with 750m exists) and you can't just compare a z500 with s05in coz s05in will win hands down; inspiron has a ULV proccy and it will surely bottleneck 8850m, so don't expect great performance from it.
now coming to the architecture debate, the GK107 version indeed does perform better than GK208 version but mostly @ high settings... till medium settings the performance is almost same. Also
notebookcheck fails to mention few games where GK208 version outperforms it older counterpart.

Is anyone able to play Battlefield 4 in this laptop??? I installed the game. Then when I started the game it asked for 32-bit or 64-bit first I ran the game on 32-bit started but on my integrated graphics and when I started 64-bit edition it crashed when I changed the GPU for 32-bit same thing happened as in 64-bit. Now what to do to play the game and is there any fix available please post it.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^do you get any error??
see if you have your problem listed here : Battlefield 4 PC Crashes, Multiplayer Issues, Low Performance, Freezes and other Fixes - Guide4GameS

I had a problem with my laptop that the fan sounds while playing games. This might not be problem as i can't understand why due to this reason this is problem form me. And next is how much i need to pay to change laptop key if it is under warranty?

Top Bottom