The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

kraken

New to this forum
A revised version of y50 is rumoured to arrive in mid march. Specs- Nvidia gtx 960m
Intel I7 4720HQ processor
Full HD IPS screen(optional UHD)

nitinvertigo

Broken In
Hey all, for those still experiencing lag issues - video and HDD stuttering, i found THE solution!! So far its workin jst fine no stuttering in any of the last 20 videos ive played!! :)
All you have to do is install a free software called Quiet HDD.
Its a very small file and it runs in the background preventing the stutter. Brilliant stuff.
If any of you try it, update us on your experiences.
Cheers
PS: thanks nitin for your help and suggestions. Give this a go!! :)

Glad to know your issue has been resolved. Thanks for that software. Will definitely use it if and when I start facing lags :)

vipin71987

New to this forum
Hello, I am from india and want to get IPS panel for my lenovo Y50. The stock screen sucks. Just want a info about importing. DO we have to pay extra taxes or custom duty while importing it? I mean what are the extra charges when we get it delivered. And in how many days usually they deliver it?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Hello, I am from india and want to get IPS panel for my lenovo Y50. The stock screen sucks. Just want a info about importing. DO we have to pay extra taxes or custom duty while importing it? I mean what are the extra charges when we get it delivered. And in how many days usually they deliver it?
*forum.notebookreview.com/threads/y50-replacement-displays-compendium.755626/

You have to pay import duty and taxes as applicable for any electronic goods imports. Should be around 8k all charges inclusive for an IPS panel.

Time taken can be up to a week or more. Depends on the courier. The store will generally ship withing 4 business days. And then it's delivery delay which will be another 4 business days taking longest possible time scenario...

croma

Broken In
Guys I finally received my laptop on 11th from thedostore and on Sunday I registered for the peace of mind offer.But today i received a mail from them saying dealer seal and signature unclear on my invoice although there was no seal or signature present on the invoice.I haven't received any other bill with my laptop.The invoice has on its top "Net Distribution Services Private Limited " and its address etc.
The last date for registration has been extended to mid march.They want me to reply to their email id with the revised document.What should I do?

aytus

The Boss
Hey guys, i have a Y50-70 but im not happy with the arrangement of Hdd partitions. I want to reformat my HDD so that i have a 200 Gig in C and rest in D:. I dont mind if i need to give up One key recovery ... but i dont know how do i retain my genuine windows. I dont have any other windows licence. Please suggest me the way out on how to do it. I want to have different logical partitions so in case i want to reinstall windows again .. only C partitions is lost. Its ok even if i dont recover some Gigs that are occupied by okr.. Please point me in the right direction. .. also i was thinking about taking a complete backup of my HDD using Acronis HD image free client for WD drives.. is it going to be of any use?

laiinlid

Right off the assembly line
Theres a deal on snapdeal where the Lenovo Y50-70 IdeaPad (59-431090) Laptop is being sold at 66k ..Should i go for it will i get lenovos warranty??? plz reply asap
and also whats the difference between the 59-431090 version and 59-441908 version?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Theres a deal on snapdeal where the Lenovo Y50-70 IdeaPad (59-431090) Laptop is being sold at 66k ..Should i go for it will i get lenovos warranty??? plz reply asap
and also whats the difference between the 59-431090 version and 59-441908 version?

Ask the seller about lenovo warranty.
I guess that the former comes with 8 GB caching SSD while the latter doesn't.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Got my Lenovo y50-70 from eBay for around 68k woah atlast after 1yr! first impression beast loving it didn't like the screen much but okay with it the jbl sound quality is so awesome I played a mp3 just for fun and didn't expected such sound very impressed.Please give me a newbie guide pls this is my first laptop ever thnx :D

- - - Updated - - -

Guys one issue i have with the lappy is that the led staus indicators are switched off anyway to turn them on?

tkyopandaman

Broken In
Hey guys,
I own a Lenovo Y50-70 which is the 4GB GTX860M version. Been playing some games like Battlefield 3, DOTA2, RIFT, etc.
Noticed the temperature of my MOTHERBOARD and the CPU is exceeding 80 degrees celcius. The top left part and the top middle part of the laptop is where the heat seems to be focused. Also around the "DFGH" keys as well.

Now I am using a cooler master notepal X-LITE cooling pad as well, which (I guess) is not really helping.

Any suggestions for this issue ?
Do I need to replace the cooling pad with a better one ?
Do I need to do something software related ? Maybe hardware related ?

Please suggest as to me it seems kinda scary that the temps are reaching 85 degrees celcius on the CPU and the MOTHERBOARD.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ Try playing while the laptop is plugged to AC power but without the cooling pad. Also, try to keep the vents free from any obstruction.

My n5110 is also reaching 85 easily even when i just replaced the thermal paste.

sbnaul

Broken In
Got my Lenovo y50-70 from eBay for around 68k woah atlast after 1yr! first impression beast loving it didn't like the screen much but okay with it the jbl sound quality is so awesome I played a mp3 just for fun and didn't expected such sound very impressed.Please give me a newbie guide pls this is my first laptop ever thnx :D

- - - Updated - - -

Guys one issue i have with the lappy is that the led staus indicators are switched off anyway to turn them on?

Fn+spacebar

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Hey guys,
I own a Lenovo Y50-70 which is the 4GB GTX860M version. Been playing some games like Battlefield 3, DOTA2, RIFT, etc.
Noticed the temperature of my MOTHERBOARD and the CPU is exceeding 80 degrees celcius. The top left part and the top middle part of the laptop is where the heat seems to be focused. Also around the "DFGH" keys as well.

Now I am using a cooler master notepal X-LITE cooling pad as well, which (I guess) is not really helping.

Any suggestions for this issue ?
Do I need to replace the cooling pad with a better one ?
Do I need to do something software related ? Maybe hardware related ?

Please suggest as to me it seems kinda scary that the temps are reaching 85 degrees celcius on the CPU and the MOTHERBOARD.
Those temps are fine as long as they are the max temps :)

tkyopandaman

Broken In
Those temps are fine as long as they are the max temps :)

So I just took a snapshot of my screen while playing a game and as you can see in the attachment, (I used Speccy for recording the temps) the CPU and the Motherboard temps are almost 90 degrees, and in fact, once or twice the temps went OVER 93 degrees as well!
I don't think that these temps will be safe for running for long periods of time.
cpu temps.jpg

In the other attachment, the area enclosed in RED was extremely hot (notice how I said HOT and not WARM).
Whereas the area in YELLOW was also hot.
comp.jpg

I don't get it why the temps are going so high. I mean if you see the temp on the GPU, its fine, but the CPU and Motherboard, well..whole different story there.

Anyone else getting some "extreme" temps like this ?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
So I just took a snapshot of my screen while playing a game and as you can see in the attachment, (I used Speccy for recording the temps) the CPU and the Motherboard temps are almost 90 degrees, and in fact, once or twice the temps went OVER 93 degrees as well!
I don't think that these temps will be safe for running for long periods of time.
View attachment 15364

In the other attachment, the area enclosed in RED was extremely hot (notice how I said HOT and not WARM).
Whereas the area in YELLOW was also hot.
View attachment 15365

I don't get it why the temps are going so high. I mean if you see the temp on the GPU, its fine, but the CPU and Motherboard, well..whole different story there.

Anyone else getting some "extreme" temps like this ?
What are your ambient temps?

I live in Hyderabad and summer temps go up to 45 degrees and that's when my temps reach 85 degrees on gaming and 50 degrees on idle.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Ambient temps should be around room temperature, maybe slightly higher. (22-26 degrees celcius I assume)
Whoa that's cool. My room temps are 35+ while outside is 45 :/

Something is amiss.. BTW continuously running at 90 degrees will decrease overall life of the semiconductor devices which is typically 10 years min. So don't worry.

Just make sure air flow from bottom is good and keep the grill dust free.

And u sure the mobo temps are going up to 85 degrees? That's weird. Ideally it shud only be ur CPU and GPU reaching 80+ and mobo maybe 60 max.

tkyopandaman

Broken In
Whoa that's cool. My room temps are 35+ while outside is 45 :/

Something is amiss.. BTW continuously running at 90 degrees will decrease overall life of the semiconductor devices which is typically 10 years min. So don't worry.

Just make sure air flow from bottom is good and keep the grill dust free.

And u sure the mobo temps are going up to 85 degrees? That's weird. Ideally it shud only be ur CPU and GPU reaching 80+ and mobo maybe 60 max.

I agree with you. My room temps are not that high. Which is why I find it very strange as to why the temps are high.

And yes, I also assumed that the temps of the CPU and GPU should be high, not so much the Motherboard. Even now, as I am typing this reply, the temp on the Motherboard is approx. 51 degrees. And the only apps I have open are outlook, chrome and Speccy.

So yea, I am totally confused here. Also, I am still running my laptop on the cooling pad.

Do you think if I buy a different cooling pad for the laptop, it might help ? Something on the lines of the CoolerMaster X3 or the CoolerMaster U3 or maybe even a Deepcool Multicore X6 or X8 ?
Sorry, I have just been researching cooling pads now, thinking that they might be able to help with the temps in certain places of the laptop.

Not sure what else I can do here.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I agree with you. My room temps are not that high. Which is why I find it very strange as to why the temps are high.

And yes, I also assumed that the temps of the CPU and GPU should be high, not so much the Motherboard. Even now, as I am typing this reply, the temp on the Motherboard is approx. 51 degrees. And the only apps I have open are outlook, chrome and Speccy.

So yea, I am totally confused here. Also, I am still running my laptop on the cooling pad.

Do you think if I buy a different cooling pad for the laptop, it might help ? Something on the lines of the CoolerMaster X3 or the CoolerMaster U3 or maybe even a Deepcool Multicore X6 or X8 ?
Sorry, I have just been researching cooling pads now, thinking that they might be able to help with the temps in certain places of the laptop.

Not sure what else I can do here.
Have you tried without a cooling pad?

Possible that you laptop bottom is pulling in air while your cooling pad also pulls out air instead of feeding to the laptop bottom.

Or perhaps the fan position doesn't fit at the grill position and hence blocking airflow.

How old is you laptop BTW?

Top Bottom