The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

GoldenPheoniX

Broken In
got mine today yes it does have 4gb maxwell version :-d

happy :razz:
Cpu-z and gpu-z screenshots:

*s29.postimg.org/vjoe96wnp/gpuz.png
*s28.postimg.org/pogifbujh/cpuz.png

from where you bought it.. In local store? Or online... How much you paid for the 4gb version inclusive tax... And

congrats for the lap ....... :)

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
Has any one confirm what will be the price in a exclusive lenovo showroom in pune... :-o

Based on the general trend I am observing with Lenovo, in the retail showrooms. u can get it 1000-1500 rupees cheaper, with some extra (though useless most of the times) goodies. Plus you can check the laptop yourself, then and there, for issues like say dead pixels on screen etc.

GoldenPheoniX

Broken In
Based on the general trend I am observing with Lenovo, in the retail showrooms. u can get it 1000-1500 rupees cheaper, with some extra (though useless most of the times) goodies. Plus you can check the laptop yourself, then and there, for issues like say dead pixels on screen etc.

i just called the lenovo person, but he just hesitate to tell the price. he just round figured to 80k for y50 2GB mode thas the reason i enquired, Even am planning to have a additional warranty of 3 in total..

Kamal17

Broken In
Does anyone know if I can get screen for replacement in Nehru place or anywhere else in Delhi?

Also, I dont like the wifi even. :(

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
It has low range and inconsistent speeds.

I am looking for compatible wifi cards list , if anyone has. So, i can replace it without messing with the bios.

If the USA version of Lenovo Y50 supports Intel 7260ac, your laptop should too. I doubt Lenovo would design a special bios for India.

paragshinde

Right off the assembly line
Read on notebookreview.com that Y50 has screen refresh rate locked at 48Hz. Is this also the case in Indian version?

Also ppl who have got 4GB GFx version please tell if GPU is maxwell or kepler? and the screen and wifi performance.

frigus

Broken In
From what I have read, The 48 Hz is for the 4K version not the 1080p. Someone here above posted that the GPU is maxwell.

vineetpratik

Broken In
from where you bought it.. In local store? Or online... How much you paid for the 4gb version inclusive tax... And

congrats for the lap ....... :)

I got it from local store for 80k , with 3 year warranty as it was billed on 13th Aug , got a lenovo headphone and sandisk 8gb pendrive as freebie.

- - - Updated - - -

Read on notebookreview.com that Y50 has screen refresh rate locked at 48Hz. Is this also the case in Indian version?

Also ppl who have got 4GB GFx version please tell if GPU is maxwell or kepler? and the screen and wifi performance.

Its maxwell already told , screens also posted.

little

Journeyman
I have a few questions -

1. The salesman asked me if I'd like him to partition my drive and I declined the offer saying that I'll do it myself acc. to my needs. Then he told me to partition it before connecting it to internet as the Windows will get activated as soon as I connect it to the internet and after the windows is activated I can't partition my drive. Is there any sense in what he told me?

*i.imgur.com/A4q5OHN.png

*i.imgur.com/uoyB0lh.png

2. By default there are 2 partitions in My Computer. C:\ --> Windows Partition (889GB) and D:\ --> Drivers (25GB)
I want to delete D partition (after copying the driver installations files from it) then shrink C to 200 GB and allot the remaining 700 something GB to a new partition. Will deleting D partition break OKR?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kamal17

Broken In
Disk partitioning has nothing to do with internet, lol

Anyways, plan A should be the way to go. As long as you use the Windows's Disk management to Shrink and create partitions, OKR will work.

But whatever you do - make sure you create a recovery drive first, so in future you can always do the factory reset. While you create the recovery drive, make sure you tick the box where it says "Copy the recovery partition........."

Good luck

Ayushj

Right off the assembly line
IMG_20140821_180711.jpg
check out the texture requirements of watchdogs

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20140821_180848.jpg
At everything maxed out, it consistently gives 15-20 frames with fraps and about 30 without it. Very playable. The biggest advantage of extra vram is stable framerates in demanding games according to my experience

Top Bottom