The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

pr94rr

Broken In
Ordered my Y50 from the DoStore Website today, actually tried yesterday but it went out of stock in the evening. ETA ~ Monday.
Review coming as soon as I get my hands on it.
[MENTION=288870]amey2606[/MENTION] - You really shouldn't be worried but if you prefer brick and mortar shops , - I talked to about 5-6 stores (all in Bangalore) and they all said that they will have the Y50 in stock by the 15th of August and one claimed that he could get it by 12th. Lenovo's sales people told me that the first batch for the stores was scheduled to be dispatched on 4th but the transportation and handling is done by 3rd party so they couldn't tell when precisely it will be available. Either way, it should be in the stores by 15th and maybe there will be some Independence Day offers too.
Cheers and let us know when you get yours.

amey2606

Broken In
Ordered my Y50 from the DoStore Website today, actually tried yesterday but it went out of stock in the evening. ETA ~ Monday.
[MENTION=288870]amey2606[/MENTION] - You really shouldn't be worried but if you prefer brick and mortar shops , - I talked to about 5-6 stores (all in Bangalore) and they all said that they will have the Y50 in stock by the 15th of August and one claimed that he could get it by 12th. Lenovo's sales people told me that the first batch for the stores was scheduled to be dispatched on 4th but the transportation and handling is done by 3rd party so they couldn't tell when precisely it will be available. Either way, it should be in the stores by 15th and maybe there will be some Independence Day offers too.
Thanks bro.
Will surely share my experience with the forum.
Been waiting since 3 years to get a laptop, finally i think that the Y50 will be worth the wait.
And bro please do post your review.

Thanks again.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006

+1:)
yea..it'll be here in about ~6-10days(Nehru Place - New Delhi) & by 20th(NCR - Gurgaon/Noida etc) for sure. this time I'll get it from a brick/mortar shop:-D

- - - Updated - - -

Guys,
Anybody got any idea whatsoever of when the Y50 will be available in Stores.?
Not really comfortable with online shopping for such an expensive thing.

Thanks. ��

naah..it's ohk to get it from thedostore but what I really want to know is:
whether the additional warranty be given to those who bought it from a physical store and not from thedostore?

Last edited:

pr94rr

Broken In
Is yours shipped yet ? Mine is showing "processing" since yesterday :(
I placed my order this morning around 10 am so the status is still under "Paid". Where are you ordering it to? Which city I mean?
[MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] - Just ask them at the showroom if they are providing the free extended warranty for the Z50 or any Y model? In the website it says the offer is for all Z and Y series so if the showrooms provided that for other Z/Y series then no reason for them to not provide the same for the Y50.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
I placed my order this morning around 10 am so the status is still under "Paid". Where are you ordering it to? Which city I mean?
[MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] - Just ask them at the showroom if they are providing the free extended warranty for the Z50 or any Y model? In the website it says the offer is for all Z and Y series so if the showrooms provided that for other Z/Y series then no reason for them to not provide the same for the Y50.

yep :| well..hopefully they should; anyways I'll confirm from lenovo, retailer directly
confirmed..they will honor the additional warranty :]

Last edited:

TheGUNNER

Broken In
I talked to do store rep USA, he said if that model (eg Y50) is released in India, then even if we buy from USA, we should be able to get warranty clain from India. Is it true? also is it applicable for warranty extension purchased from USA itself !!

prasoon2211

Right off the assembly line
Just ordered mine :D

Hopefully it'll be delivered before 15th here in Roorkee. I got tired of waiting for MSI to launch its new laptops :(

I guess that Lenovo y50 == MSI GE60. Though I would've liked to go for the GS60 instead but it'll cost too much (maybe around 1.35L, see the MSI thread) though if it is launched ~ 1.2L then I'll regret buying the y50 :p

chillz88

Broken In
+1:)
yea..it'll be here in about ~6-10days(Nehru Place - New Delhi) & by 20th(NCR - Gurgaon/Noida etc) for sure. this time I'll get it from a brick/mortar shop:-D

- - - Updated - - -

naah..it's ohk to get it from thedostore but what I really want to know is:
whether the additional warranty be given to those who bought it from a physical store and not from thedostore?
i did ask about the warranty offer to a lenovo rep a week ago.. and he said it will be available only to those who bought it or ordered it before 15th this month.. no idea if it has been extended though

ordered mine too.. cant wait..

vineetpratik

Broken In
So the ram is 8x1. I thought its 4x2. Thats a good thing in my opinion if you want to upgrade in future.

P.S - Thanks Vineet, you are doing so much for the community.

Well , thanks to priyank for providing all those images , I too am like you all , collecting information before buying :)
Have waited so long , almost after 3 years going to get new laptop :)

prasoon2211

Right off the assembly line
It seems like the last 300 units are sold out as well.

Did anyone who ordered yesterday get it past the "Processing" stage?

Top Bottom