The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Official specs and announcement by Lenovo.

*news.lenovo.com/images/20034/Y, Z, C-Series and LBG Monitors Spec Sheets.pdf

Since the Y510p thread was being spammed by Y50 discussions, this thread was created.
I request all members to discuss the Lenovo Y50 here.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Just look at Y510p. That was just a mere upgrade of Y500 from Ivy Bridge to Haswell (with 200Mhz more) and just a simple OC on the GPU part and the price difference was more than 10k(Y500=65k, Y510p=78k). Think what new architecture of the GPU+4k screen+touch+thin and new design will do to the price.

$hadow

Geek in making
Well I don't prefer glossy screen.
But yes it will be costliest of all of them. I am guessing anything around 90 to 100k.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well I don't prefer glossy screen.
But yes it will be costliest of all of them. I am guessing anything around 90 to 100k.

Contrary to popular belief, almost every component in a laptop is upgradable.
Here's a link for matte display for Y510p if you hate glossy so much.
Look at the 4th option.
Screen for IBM-Lenovo IDEAPAD Y510P SERIES. Replacement Laptop LCD Screens

$hadow

Geek in making
Contrary to popular belief, almost every component in a laptop is upgradable.
Here's a link for matte display for Y510p if you hate glossy so much.
Look at the 4th option.
Screen for IBM-Lenovo IDEAPAD Y510P SERIES. Replacement Laptop LCD Screens

Well this is good. But Lenovo is somewhat mixing it up too much. I mean it is good that they allow you to upgrade but the components will be hell costly. And the laptop also look sleek that make me worry regarding heat generation.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well this is good. But Lenovo is somewhat mixing it up too much. I mean it is good that they allow you to upgrade but the components will be hell costly. And the laptop also look sleek that make me worry regarding heat generation.

Heat generation of the Y50 won't be much because of 2 factors:-
1. Maxwell will reduce heat output significantly.
2. core i7 4702MQ. This processor generates significantly less heat than the 4700MQ. This is the only reason why owners of Y500 with core i7 3632QM are not worried about CPU overheating whereas owners of Y510p with 4700MQ and Y500 with 3630QM are very concerned about CPU overheating.

Lenovo uses shitty thermal paste. If they improve the quality of thermal paste used then that would significantly reduce heat too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also components:-
CPU=20k-35k
GPU=10k(SLI)
Ram=6k(8GB stick)
SSD=4k-35k(msata SSD(64GB to 1TB))
PSU=7k
Screen=4k(matte)-8k(matte+95%gamut which makes it essentially better than Sony's Triluminos)
Better Wifi=4k.

Anything Left? :D

starbearer

Broken In
Got hands on this video on y40 ... just a week old...
4k screen, 4510u i7 processor and non touch...
Price??

Lenovo Y40/Y50 Gaming Laptop Hands-on: Lenovo Y40/Y50 Gaming Laptop Hands-on - YouTube

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Got hands on this video on y40 ... just a week old...
4k screen, 4510u i7 processor and non touch...
Price??

Lenovo Y40/Y50 Gaming Laptop Hands-on: Lenovo Y40/Y50 Gaming Laptop Hands-on - YouTube

ewwww I can see where gaming on Y40 is going.
Screen doesn't look much better than FHD. Infact it looks like FHD. :/

PS:This is my 1000th post.

falcongamer

Broken In
A ULV processor on the Y40?! So that's how they are slimming down the laptop, with less power and cooling requirements?!

starbearer

Broken In
Congrats on ur 1000th post....beer for every1?

I dont think so y40 will get nvidia...kinda sure.
I7 4510u plus 4k screen is enuff to showcase a laptop and they will add 3gb or 4gb of AMD vid card to avoid extra heating and hardcore gaming...im calling y40 a mini crossover gaming laptop for newbies ...im sure on price @ 75k

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Congrats on ur 1000th post....beer for every1?

I dont think so y40 will get nvidia...kinda sure.
I7 4510u plus 4k screen is enuff to showcase a laptop and they will add 3gb or 4gb of AMD vid card to avoid extra heating and hardcore gaming...im calling y40 a mini crossover gaming laptop for newbies ...im sure on price @ 75k

i7 4510U will be broadwell based so yeah it will still pack quite a punch although not as powerful as a quad core. I don't think Y40 will even be released in India. Like Y400 or Y410p was not released here. I hope they don't do this to Y50.

falcongamer

Broken In
Isn't Broadwell supposed to just reduce the power consumption further by~30% or so?I'm not sure, so I might be wrong.
In any case its still a dual core ULV processor!

Y50 I guess will have a full voltage quad core afaik. So Y50 users would be happy! :D

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Isn't Broadwell supposed to just reduce the power consumption further by~30% or so?I'm not sure, so I might be wrong.
In any case its still a dual core ULV processor!

Y50 I guess will have a full voltage quad core afaik. So Y50 users would be happy! :D

I think Broadwell is supposed to reduce power consumption and heat generation while at the same time providing performance on the level of haswell.

starbearer

Broken In
I think Broadwell is supposed to reduce power consumption and heat generation while at the same time providing performance on the level of haswell.

I7 4510u processor is like ur 5star rated AC which will reduce ur electricity bill on contrary i7 4700mw or hq are ur 0 star ac just to chill to ur spine and will loot ur money of electricity.....

so wat do u want????
Remain cool in summers or just staying happy with less cool...

Y40, I think lenovo might just release that here as less 14inch products here from lenovo...y50 sure shot launch coz they need to cover asia for profits.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I7 4510u processor is like ur 5star rated AC which will reduce ur electricity bill on contrary i7 4700mw or hq are ur 0 star ac just to chill to ur spine and will loot ur money of electricity.....

so wat do u want????
Remain cool in summers or just staying happy with less cool...

Y40, I think lenovo might just release that here as less 14inch products here from lenovo...y50 sure shot launch coz they need to cover asia for profits.

core i7 4510U is 0.5ton AC whereas core i7 4510MQ is 2 ton AC.

skinny_geek

Right off the assembly line
First post, and I think its a good thread to start it on :)

What do you people think the price of the Y50 with a regular FHD screen (no 4K for me) would be? I'm looking at a range of 70-75K.

Top Bottom