The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

goldsmit409

Broken In
hey guys do you suggest i should go for this...

Amazon.com: MyDigitalSSD 256GB Super Boot Drive 42mm SATA III (6G) M.2 2242 NGFF SSD - MDM242-SB-256: Computers & Accessories

along with shipping it will cost me around 10500 INR

and 128 gb (MyDigitalSSD 128GB (120GB) Super Boot Eco Drive 42mm SATA III 6G M.2 NGFF 2242 SSD Solid State Drive - MDM242-SBe-128) will cost around 5172 INR

also attaching the pic of my laptop
*www.digit.in/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15201&stc=1&d=1423647237

also i was interested to get SLI as well but heard there are lot of compatibility problem as well as overheating, more so it is not available anywhere....

suggestions plz....

thnx

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 165

goldsmit409

Broken In
Did anyone get latest BIOS for y510p v3.08 released on 27/03/2015?

Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - Lenovo Support (US)
I am surprised there is an update for it

vito scalleta

In the zone
Did anyone get latest BIOS for y510p v3.08 released on 27/03/2015?

Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - Lenovo Support (US)
I am surprised there is an update for it

Thanks for the info man. and I am surprised as well

Found this on their readme.txt. Anyone knows what this actaually means... ?

Latest Version BIOS fixed all merged issues from previous

intruder16

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the info man. and I am surprised as well

Found this on their readme.txt. Anyone knows what this actaually means... ?

You seem to miss the most important bit :-D:

Code:
Summary of changes
==================
General Information:

74CN47WW 
1. Implement code for uEFI security vulnerabilities.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I finally gathered the courage to sit down and open up my y510p. Happy to see this has the M.2 slot.

The Lenovo Y510p beastly laptop has a M2 SSD Slot - Imgur

However , seeing that I rarely use the Optical Drive ( I haven't used it in last 3 months!! ) I am thinking I will go get the sata 3 version of ssd

Dont want to splurge extra for the M2 one.

Can i go for the 120gb samsung evo 850 ?

More query :

Do I need a sata 3 to usb converter/cable to copy / mirror my hdd partition onto this ssd ?

Regards
Thor

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
I finally gathered the courage to sit down and open up my y510p. Happy to see this has the M.2 slot.

The Lenovo Y510p beastly laptop has a M2 SSD Slot - Imgur

However , seeing that I rarely use the Optical Drive ( I haven't used it in last 3 months!! ) I am thinking I will go get the sata 3 version of ssd

Dont want to splurge extra for the M2 one.

Can i go for the 120gb samsung evo 850 ?

More query :

Do I need a sata 3 to usb converter/cable to copy / mirror my hdd partition onto this ssd ?

Regards
Thor

Better get a sli card for ultrabay and use m2 ssd slot for storage.

My lappe is way too slow after upgrading to 8.1.
Its takes too much time to boot first.
Then to login screen.
Even after entering my pin, Its hangs to atleast 2 sec and then start up to display desktop.

I already cleaned up my startup(only basic drivers). But still its damn slow.

goldsmit409

Broken In
They were a few months back. Now your best bet is to search ebay.

Nope checked there as well nothing

i contacted lenovo Services-Executive Director also he said he has informed local team they will get in touch with me that was last week nothing after that, maybe few more people bug him so he can do something

his ID services_ed@lenovo.com

Edit:

btw whats the optimum temp while gaming single gpu

i was playing watchdogs with the recomended settings from geforce experinance medium @ 1600*900 i guess fps was around 40-50 and temp were almost 90 this is with notepal x2 cooler and ambient temp would be around 30-32 i guess not sure.
is it ok should i consider opening and repasting the cpu and gpu is it worth it?
and finally do laptop cooler fan get slower with time, i feel my notepal x2 is not as fast as it used to be i opened it up and cleaned it but nothing changed and the dial to set rpm seems to do nothing now....any help??

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=294461]abhigeek[/MENTION] try installing the software "Soluto" . It will scan your boot sequence when your machine boots nxt time and trace which apps took how much time. Give it a try. It helped me.

Top Bottom