The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
No you can't. And even though lenovo says so you will be facing trouble with with warranty issues if you purchase form fk.

But previous buyers didn't face any issues!
I don't know why people are so foolish!
They have sellers invoice and tell I have brought through flipkart!
Just tell them that I have buyed from this seller at this location!

Anyways I will do a bit research !

$hadow

Geek in making
But previous buyers didn't face any issues!
I don't know why people are so foolish!
They have sellers invoice and tell I have brought through flipkart!
Just tell them that I have buyed from this seller at this location!

Anyways I will do a bit research !
Believe me I didn't want to mess around with but a civil proceeding is already going on in this regard. So better be watchful

sama

Broken In
I bought it from snapdeal and got full 1 year warranty...what lenovo intends to say is that if in case you buy from these sites & they ship you a product with lesser warranty lenovo won't help you, so you have to get in touch with the seller to get the warranty updated.

However in my case I had to contact lenovo & they easily updated the warranty to 1 year, I think because in their internal system my unit had 1 year warranty only & it was not showing it on their website...

I believe if you are getting it from WS Retail it will be fine...

PS: those 10% discounts will have upper limits...

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I bought it from snapdeal and got full 1 year warranty...what lenovo intends to say is that if in case you buy from these sites & they ship you a product with lesser warranty lenovo won't help you, so you have to get in touch with the seller to get the warranty updated.

However in my case I had to contact lenovo & they easily updated the warranty to 1 year, I think because in their internal system my unit had 1 year warranty only & it was not showing it on their website...

I believe if you are getting it from WS Retail it will be fine...

PS: those 10% discounts will have upper limits...

Now it's 30%(20% on Std. Charted+ 10% Cashback)

Effective Price:54k
Shock

paw1

Broken In
Now it's 30%(20% on Std. Charted+ 10% Cashback)

Effective Price:54k
Shock

It doesn't seem like that is the case. Are you sure its 20% on Std Chartered? I think 10% off + 3500 cashback from Std charted is the maximum. So Around 69k - 3500(cashback) as final price.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
It doesn't seem like that is the case. Are you sure its 20% on Std Chartered? I think 10% off + 3500 cashback from Std charted is the maximum. So Around 69k - 3500(cashback) as final price.

Called Lenovo they told that normally I get 10% on normal Credit/Debit or net banking purchase!
=70k approx

For Standard Charted Credit/Debit or Net banking users
Net 20% off
=61.7k

Now these were words of Flipkart Technical sales team!

IDK about Cashback!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Called Lenovo they told that normally I get 10% on normal Credit/Debit or net banking purchase!
=70k approx

For Standard Charted Credit/Debit or Net banking users
Net 20% off
=61.7k

Now these were words of Flipkart Technical sales team!

IDK about Cashback!

What was the budget for you and your sis again?

paw1

Broken In
What was the budget for you and your sis again?

Terms and Conditions for the Standard Chartered Card Offer:
3. Maximum Cashback per Transaction: Rs. 3500.

You should have asked them how 20% is possible since there is this clause in their terms and conditions.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Terms and Conditions for the Standard Chartered Card Offer:
3. Maximum Cashback per Transaction: Rs. 3500.

You should have asked them how 20% is possible since there is this clause in their terms and conditions.

Bank is telling only 3k not 3.5k!
Anyways I am staying away from it!
& don't want any issues!

nipun1188

Right off the assembly line
I have a Lenovo Y510p i5 processor. I am having issues with sometimes slow and sometimes fluctuating USB 3.0 transferring speed. I have updated the latest Intel drivers. Still having issues. USB 2.0 also showing same speed as USB 3.0. Transfer speed varies around 20 mb/sec pls help

nipun1188

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys,
I have a lenovo y510p i5 version. I am facing slow USB 3.0 transferring speeds. The speed varies at 20 mb/sec. I have updated all intel drivers but still having issues. Can someone guide me if i have to remove certain drivers and reinstall them. Please guide me with the links too.

Thanks in advance.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
hi guys , my friend needs help with his new y510p(i7,hdd+24gb ssd model,GT755M) with 8.1 preinstalled
he wants to install windows 7 but the gpt thing keeps coming in the way and doesnt let him even install win7
(tried a dual boot install with legacy boot enabled)
also he has fps drops when he unplugs it from the charger even though we changed his settings to maximise performance
any solutions?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Gaming on battery in thee Y510p will always result in FPS drops. This is because battery is not powerful enough to power both the CPU and GPU at 100%

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Gaming on battery in thee Y510p will always result in FPS drops. This is because battery is not powerful enough to power both the CPU and GPU at 100%

hmm thats strange, so isnt there a solution at all?
im surprised because my friend also owns a g505s which doesnt have this issue
my friend is gonna kill me if i dont help him out(i recommended the y510p to him )

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
hmm thats strange, so isnt there a solution at all?
im surprised because my friend also owns a g505s which doesnt have this issue
my friend is gonna kill me if i dont help him out(i recommended the y510p to him )

Tell him to game on AC power. G505s doesn't have high end components.

Top Bottom