Cyborg Agent
This looks a little shady.
*www.laptopinventory.com/Laptop_Model.php/Lenovo/Y Series/Y500

You can order specific keys from here:
*www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/servlet/the-20668/Lenovo-Y500-Laptop-Keys/Detail

Hmmm... Prices seem too high!!! :-(

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
The only difference between i5 version(60k) and i7 version(72k) is the processor? Is it worth spending 12k more? I require a laptop for programming, gaming, movies, photoshop/animation. The difference would be noticeable?

vineetpratik

Broken In
The only difference between i5 version(60k) and i7 version(72k) is the processor? Is it worth spending 12k more? I require a laptop for programming, gaming, movies, photoshop/animation. The difference would be noticeable?

you wont see noticable difference in most of games , except few cpu intensive games like battlefield , nfs rivals etc.

but then again it is better to invest in i7 , coz upcoming games in near future are going to require more threads and cpu usage.

hybridic

Broken In
Hey
does the dostore.com provide 2 years extended warranty on the i5 version too ?
i read somewhere that its providing it for the i7 version included in the marketing price ( Rs. 77K )

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Hi Can anyone recommend a cooling pad for my y510p within 1000 bucks which is available online on flipkart, snapdeal etc.

*www.flipkart.com/laptop-accessorie...+pad&ref=e1243215-2c3b-461e-8f7c-b329acc517b3

pick any with a big fan as you see fit.

My choice -->*www.flipkart.com/deepcool-windpal-...+pad&ref=0f6d341a-dcec-49bc-ad92-bf0edc787a68

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Notepal U3 is considered by many the best notebook cooler for Y500/Y510p because of adjustable fans. The fans can be placed just beneath the air suction tubes.

goldsmit409

Broken In
i have notepal x2 *www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-notepal-x2/p/itmczc2hzxnwdfwf
works great though i feel the fan speed has decreased over time any solution for that guys??
while it was new (i bought it way back i guess over a year used it with my pavilion dv6) gave me great cooling

udit247

Journeyman
Hi Can anyone recommend a cooling pad for my y510p within 1000 bucks which is available online on flipkart, snapdeal etc.

You can go with Notepal U3 as said by seamon but Notepal L1 is a good choice if you want it under 1000 bucks
*www.coolermaster.com/mobile/notepal-series/notepal-l1/
Notepal L1 has 160mm fan with 1400RPM

TheGUNNER

Broken In
hey just a doubt,
over here *www.thedostore.com/laptops/ideapad-laptops/ideapad-y510p-dusk-black.html
in key features it says dual 750m through ultrabay, but in specs below it doesn't mention anything of that sort.

So I guess if i buy from there, I wont get dual gpu.

Also my aunt stays in us, so I can tell her to buy the laptop from there only at around 1k dollars, which is a cheaper option, but will I get the warranty is the major doubt i have. please can someone chime in?

- - - Updated - - -

just had a online chat,
they said, i can buy from usa do store or any local lenovo store and warranty is valid. i can also purchase a warranty extension in usa itself, and have that extension valid in india too.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Also my aunt stays in us, so I can tell her to buy the laptop from there only at around 1k dollars, which is a cheaper option, but will I get the warranty is the major doubt i have. please can someone chime in?

- - - Updated - - -

just had a online chat,
they said, i can buy from usa do store or any local lenovo store and warranty is valid. i can also purchase a warranty extension in usa itself, and have that extension valid in india too.

iam also buying from us .. wat model have u decided on ?

vito scalleta

In the zone
think i will wait and buy y50, the cheapest model in august. waht about you?
I have no other option but to go with y510p coz my brother returns this july and i dont think that the price of y50 would fall below 900$(atleast anytime soon)..
u might have to wait for the model to be released in india to get warranty services.
My plan is to buy single gpu version of y510p and replace the dvd drive with 128gb ssd..
All this lying on an assumption that my gaming days wont last too long...and i could get away with a single gpu for the short period of time..

TheGUNNER

Broken In
my gaming days are over, and i am far from my home (kol) and working in bangalore.
Still i want to invest on a good laptop because it is satisfying to know that 2years from now i can play fifa,nfs casually but flawlessly on my laptop !!

vito scalleta

In the zone
my gaming days are over, and i am far from my home (kol) and working in bangalore.
Still i want to invest on a good laptop because it is satisfying to know that 2years from now i can play fifa,nfs casually but flawlessly on my laptop !!

if u are working and settled why dont you get a good desktop build for gaming and cheap but good quality laptop for all ur portable computing needs ?

Top Bottom