The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

vito scalleta

In the zone
..k well.. I am not totally aware which config you picked up:) but...:-D
AFAIR the one I posted includes:

- its an SLI config right? so expect a 120W/170W charger included; ~$45-50?
- a 24GB SSD
- 16gb ram

try comparing them..

oh yes!..and that $60-$90 state tax :/
OMG buddy . I thought the charger that was given along with the laptop was 170W. bt i just found out . Nw i hav to pay 70$ extra.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Laptop will run on default 120w charger but it will give blank screens when running intensive programs.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Laptop will run on default 120w charger but it will give blank screens when running intensive programs.

will just run but when on the slightest heavy graphic intensive workload it may easily damage components; AFAIK there have been reports of some users even running this baby on a 120W power brick but with cpu throttling effecting FPS

but who knows exactly..unless you try it for yourself:-D

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Nope. No damage to components. When I ordered, the adapter was a week late and I was already overclocking on 120w adapter. The laptop runs perfectly well on normal clocks(probably because of the reduced tdp of core i7 3632qm which is 35w). Ocing gpus caused black screens after a minute.
AFAIK cpu throttling won't take place. The components will try to draw power but lack of supply will cause everything to powrr down and the application will crash.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Nope. No damage to components. When I ordered, the adapter was a week late and I was already overclocking on 120w adapter. The laptop runs perfectly well on normal clocks(probably because of the reduced tdp of core i7 3632qm which is 35w). Ocing gpus caused black screens after a minute.
AFAIK cpu throttling won't take place. The components will try to draw power but lack of supply will cause everything to powrr down and the application will crash.
So anyway i wont be able to use the two GPUs for gaming which is the entire point of the problem , right ?

vito scalleta

In the zone
Why not just get the SLI version if you're getting it from US? o_O

Iam thinking i may not get warranty service for that here ,also the price is high. So my only option is to order non sli verson + Ultrabay GPU + Charger-- that would cost a total of Rs.70000
If Iam lucky the charger would be sold at a discounted price when i order it.
If I get the 170W charger then i wouldnt be needing the lap's original charger, right ? ( I dont want to make my cousin carry too much of my stuff)

X-jo

Broken In
got the laptop. also got a laptop bag from Lenovo. alongwith that I got a Lenovo Bluetooth headset free. happy with the purchase
:D
thanks for the help and info guys

- - - Updated - - -

how to check the warranty , whether 1 or 3 yrs?

Its more than two weeks since I received my laptop but yet to see the warranty extension on the warranty status page of my laptop.
I have spoken to dostore representative twice he keeps telling me that the backend team will do it in sometime. How long does this process take, guys?

Also, am I supposed to do anything for ADP? The warranty status page doesn't say that my laptop is covered by ADP. The representative from dostore has told me that I don't have to do anything?

X-jo

Broken In
Its more than two weeks since I received my laptop but yet to see the warranty extension on the warranty status page of my laptop.
I have spoken to dostore representative twice he keeps telling me that the backend team will do it in sometime. How long does this process take, guys?

Also, am I supposed to do anything for ADP? The warranty status page doesn't say that my laptop is covered by ADP. The representative from dostore has told me that I don't have to do anything?

same here, the online warranty status shows just one year and not the extended warranty that i purchased. Which number you called , i tried a toll free and it just kept going on and on and didn't reach anyone.

same here, the online warranty status shows just one year and not the extended warranty that i purchased. Which number you called , i tried a toll free and it just kept going on and on and didn't reach anyone.

I use the toll free no. 180030009991 and ask for the representative who helped me with purchase process.

X-jo

Broken In
I use the toll free no. 180030009991 and ask for the representative who helped me with purchase process.

Thanks, made the call and they told me the same too. I have also mailed to support@lenovoreg.com as they told me to.

One more thing, i bought the laptop on may 5th and the warranty states the start date is 21st feb. Does it show incorrect for you too? I have written about that to them too.

thanks

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hey, does anyone have any idea on where to order a replacement keypad/keyboard for the Y500/Y510p as the one on mine has been heavily scratched and the black colour has started peeling off...
It's starting to look ugly!!! :evil:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hey, does anyone have any idea on where to order a replacement keypad/keyboard for the Y500/Y510p as the one on mine has been heavily scratched and the black colour has started peeling off...

That's why I use a laptop kb guard.

$hadow

Geek in making
Same problem here
Which kb guard [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
When it releases, I am probably going to be the first one to buy :razz:

You can see it here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/181218-real-home-made-laptop-cooler-digit-edition-v2-0-final.html

After 1 year of usage, my Keyboard is as good as new.

- - - Updated - - -

I had bought it locally so I can't provide a link.

Top Bottom