The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

TheGUNNER

Broken In
You have to buy buy ODD separately. You'll get the 170w adapter.

- - - Updated - - -

1. No. SLI Ready. Card has to be imported from USA.
2.You can get a HDD bay for your laptop and replace DVD drive for a HDD.
a)GTX 650Ti and slightly lower than GTX 750.
b)probably GT 630 or GT 640

loads of thanks.
some more info plz....
i5 vs i7....is i7 worth it for gaming, considering that I can get the sli card from usa, my relatives are there?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]
bro am loosing my patience now; also due to BIS bs I feel that the MSI lineup would not meet my budget of ~$1200 infact it'll be a bit higher + 860m (non 4gig version) / 850m < 755m SLI

am basing this as a fact as specific version(s) of these chip (k107/K104) will make a huge diff. in performance; I digged it out but lost the links somewhere in my browser history.

So, am leaning towards y510p (59-390016) :cry: which unfortunately is not what I wanted + planning to get the ultrabay 755m addon from US for ~9k INR (via a 3rd party handler :-D which I found jumping across threads)

All I now want to know abt y510P is:
- the Indian version have m2. ng*ff slot (as it doesn't come with a pre-installed SSD and AFAIR guys say that those who dont have pre-installed SSDs sometimes lack the whole friggin connector!:shock: ) Need proof/snaps for Indian version of this laptop..

- a better config is available in US at way lower price that too directly from Lenovo; but am skeptical abt international warranty on this particular model also considering end of June is like 2 months off I don't think I can hold off till my contact in US gets it for me by then:-D

VS the Indian version..whose config sux..*#%@! :evil:

Last edited:

vito scalleta

In the zone
You have to buy buy ODD separately. You'll get the 170w adapter.

- - - Updated - - -

1. No. SLI Ready. Card has to be imported from USA.
2.You can get a HDD bay for your laptop and replace DVD drive for a HDD.
a)GTX 650Ti and slightly lower than GTX 750.
b)probably GT 630 or GT 640
I had a chat with a sales rep through lenovo site and he told me that they would ship the lappy with dvd drive inside the laptop and the GPU will be seperate. and that i can switch b/w DVD drive and GPU
Btw I have a amd 7750(2gb DDR5) with a core 2 duo proccy in my desktop.. the performance diff. b/w my desktop and the laptop in gaming will be noticeable right ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I had a chat with a sales rep through lenovo site and he told me that they would ship the lappy with dvd drive inside the laptop and the GPU will be seperate. and that i can switch b/w DVD drive and GPU
Btw I have a amd 7750(2gb DDR5) with a core 2 duo proccy in my desktop.. the performance diff. b/w my desktop and the laptop in gaming will be noticeable right ?

The sales rep is playing with words nicely. It's all true except sli card will not be included in the package.
I have no idea about amd.

vito scalleta

In the zone
The sales rep is playing with words nicely. It's all true except sli card will not be included in the package.
I have no idea about amd.

What do you mean the sli card wont be inclded in the package ? Iam not ordering a laptop that already has two GPUs.. but one that has a dvd drive and ordering a Ultrabay Gt755m as an ACCESSORY ..

Quantity Part number DescriptionItem priceLine total

1 59405668 Lenovo Y510p Laptop - 59405668 - Dusk Black: Weekly Deal $929.00 $929.00

888015133 Y510p Removable Graphics GT755M5 $99.99 $99.99

Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $69.46
Total: $1,098.45

- - - Updated - - -

Lenovo y50 on US site
*shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/#customize
bt it has oly FHD display

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
What do you mean the sli card wont be inclded in the package ? Iam not ordering a laptop that already has two GPUs.. but one that has a dvd drive and ordering a Ultrabay Gt755m as an ACCESSORY ..

Quantity Part number DescriptionItem priceLine total

1 59405668 Lenovo Y510p Laptop - 59405668 - Dusk Black: Weekly Deal $929.00 $929.00

888015133 Y510p Removable Graphics GT755M5 $99.99 $99.99

Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $69.46
Total: $1,098.45

- - - Updated - - -

Lenovo y50 on US site
*shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/#customize
bt it has oly FHD display

Oh good. I thought you were ordering from India.

X-jo

Broken In
another user interested in getting the y510p ie *www.thedostore.com/ideapad-y510p-dusk-black.html , it says the 2yr warranty is for 4.5k extra and not included in the 77k price *www.thedostore.com/services-warran...-u-z-flex-14-s510-series-laptops-wty-ext.html

was this an offer before where the warranty for two extra years was included in the 77k?

flipkart is selling it for 72k, is there anything extra that dosstore is giving for 5k more?

will i be able to get this locally from lenovo store or only online?

thanks in advance

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
another user interested in getting the y510p ie *www.thedostore.com/ideapad-y510p-dusk-black.html , it says the 2yr warranty is for 4.5k extra and not included in the 77k price *www.thedostore.com/services-warran...-u-z-flex-14-s510-series-laptops-wty-ext.html

was this an offer before where the warranty for two extra years was included in the 77k?

flipkart is selling it for 72k, is there anything extra that dosstore is giving for 5k more?

will i be able to get this locally from lenovo store or only online?

thanks in advance

Hi,
I called up their customer service and asked abt the same.
As per the rep's reply:

- only a custom made lenovo carry case is offered (I tried to explicitly ask abt whether its type is a backup or carry case well..a rep is a rep.. :-D) AFAIK it must be the same thin lean backup as seen in unboxing of lenovo y510p's

- no discount / extended warranty offer for now (it was an offer..valentine's day offer xD that acc. to rep must have had the extended warranty pack bundled with the laptop)

IMO the best thing for purchasing this:
- get it from local dealer.bargain/bargain 'n bargain:-D with freebies etc

- get an abroad contact to carry it for you if you're really up for VFM considering the price point and the config you get; only thing of imp.* here is to ask the tech* support if particular item/laptop no./parts nos. are available in India & the international warranty still stands.

I've checked this "int. warranty" thingy on their website (Lenovo US)
now..there are two models listed "y510p" and "y510p refresh" not sure abt what refresh model is all abt but that one doesn't have India listed under int warranty supported region but the first one does.

fkn gamble :-?:-x

Last edited:

X-jo

Broken In
Hi,
I called up their customer service and asked abt the same.
As per the rep's reply:

- only a custom made lenovo carry case is offered (I tried to explicitly ask abt whether its type is a backup or carry case well..a rep is a rep.. :-D) AFAIK it must be the same thin lean backup as seen in unboxing of lenovo y510p's

- no discount / extended warranty offer for now (it was an offer..valentine's day offer xD that acc. to rep must have had the extended warranty pack bundled with the laptop)

IMO the best thing for purchasing this:
- get it from local dealer.bargain/bargain 'n bargain:-D with freebies etc

- get an abroad contact to carry it for you if you're really up for VFM considering the price point and the config you get; only thing of imp.* here is to ask the tech* support if particular item/laptop no./parts nos. are available in India & the international warranty still stands.

I've checked this "int. warranty" thingy on their website (Lenovo US)
now..there are two models listed "y510p" and "y510p refresh" not sure abt what refresh model is all abt but that one doesn't have India listed under int warranty supported region but the first one does.

fkn gamble :-?:-x

thanks for checking that out. i think the option for me is to get from india and not abroad, i want the warranty ie.
can i buy the laptop from local dealer and the warranty from dosstore?

thanks again

vito scalleta

In the zone
thanks for checking that out. i think the option for me is to get from india and not abroad, i want the warranty ie.

thanks again
I called lenovo and they said any model of Y510p bought in US will have warranty service in India. Thats y iam getting it from US

vito scalleta

In the zone
i didnot specifically ask abt the sli .. bt if i swtch the grphcs card with dvd drive it will be a non sli version..
I dont knw why everyone is saying sli "VERSION" bcoz in the lenovo US site there is no seperate sli version of laptop . the ultrabay graphics card is sold as an additional accessory (just like an optical mouse) that you pay for seperately and is not part of the original configuration. A BD or DVD drive occupies the ultrabay slot.
Maybe all other outlets are selling with both GPUs ??

X-jo

Broken In
I called lenovo and they said any model of Y510p bought in US will have warranty service in India. Thats y iam getting it from US

thanks for checking that out. Since i am in need of one within a week or two max and i don't have anyone to get it for me by that time, i ordered it from dostore itself. Mainly cos its from lenovo and not other online sites so i have ease of accessibility to lenovo stores too.

ordered the y510p i7 model along with the 2year warranty, total damages 81k. Excited :D

thanks guys

vito scalleta

In the zone
thanks for checking that out. Since i am in need of one within a week or two max and i don't have anyone to get it for me by that time, i ordered it from dostore itself. Mainly cos its from lenovo and not other online sites so i have ease of accessibility to lenovo stores too.

ordered the y510p i7 model along with the 2year warranty, total damages 81k. Excited :D

thanks guys

Comgrats..
so much did u hv to pay for additional warranty ? any freebies ?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006

thanks again

Yep, AFAIK extended warranty packs are treated as SKU AKA items so its a slap-on thingy :cool:

Congrats bro!!
I'll wait for you to burn some benchmarks on that baby :-D

- - - Updated - - -

i didnot specifically ask abt the sli .. bt if i swtch the grphcs card with dvd drive it will be a non sli version..
I dont knw why everyone is saying sli "VERSION" bcoz in the lenovo US site there is no seperate sli version of laptop . the ultrabay graphics card is sold as an additional accessory (just like an optical mouse) that you pay for seperately and is not part of the original configuration. A BD or DVD drive occupies the ultrabay slot.
Maybe all other outlets are selling with both GPUs ??

Want the "SLI version"..?

here you go brah:-D:
Lenovo Y510p Laptop - Dual Graphics - 59405667 - Dusk Black: Weekly Deal
Web price: $1,599.00
After Instant Savings: $1,199.00

Listed under Models

vito scalleta

In the zone
Yep, AFAIK extended warranty packs are treated as SKU AKA items so its a slap-on thingy :cool:

Congrats bro!!
I'll wait for you to burn some benchmarks on that baby :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Want the "SLI version"..?

here you go brah:-D:
Lenovo Y510p Laptop - Dual Graphics - 59405667 - Dusk Black: Weekly Deal
Web price: $1,599.00
After Instant Savings: $1,199.00

Listed under Models
Thanks bro. Somehow I never saw that link b4.
Bt 1199$(+taxes thats around 60$) for the laptop is not fair when iam getting it with dvd drive and an sli card for 1099$(incl.taxes).
I understand it has 16gb of ram.. bt an additional 8gb of ram would cost me 99$ only not 160$... so its costs less and also theres the problem warranty service that might nt availale for sli version.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Thanks bro. Somehow I never saw that link b4.
Bt 1199$(+taxes thats around 60$) for the laptop is not fair when iam getting it with dvd drive and an sli card for 1099$(incl.taxes).
I understand it has 16gb of ram.. bt an additional 8gb of ram would cost me 99$ only not 160$... so its costs less and also theres the problem warranty service that might nt availale for sli version.

..k well.. I am not totally aware which config you picked up:) but...:-D
AFAIR the one I posted includes:

- its an SLI config right? so expect a 120W/170W charger included; ~$45-50?
- a 24GB SSD
- 16gb ram

try comparing them..

oh yes!..and that $60-$90 state tax :/

Top Bottom