The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

$hadow

Geek in making
Alright guys this is going to sound weird but I have to ask this. How did you guys know that the laptop is full charged. I am asking this coz mine has only run about 30 hours on battery as of now :-D . So when did the led exactly stop blinking?

Help anyone.....

$hadow

Geek in making
Only 5 posts since 2006, you seems to be a busiest person here.:mrgreen:

You get 30 hours of battery backup on your Y510P, thats simply amazing what have you done to it.:shock:
Well battery is fully charged when LED stops blinking or when it shows 100% in Windows.

By 30 hours I meant overall I have used it till date not on a single charge and never full charged it so know i want to know how to know that it is fully charged.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey Guys,

I am getting the Y510P for 71K on Snapdeal.com

Lenovo Ideapad Y510 Series (59-390016) Laptop (4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ- 8 GB RAM- 1 TB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Windows 8- 2GB NVIDIA GT 750 N14P-GT1 Graphics) (Dusk Black) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

Is this a good deal ?, also I am a bit skeptical about ordering such an expensive product online, so I wanted know how many of you guys have ordered laptops online ?, Is this website SNAPDEAL.COM reliable ?

Thanks,
Abhijit

$hadow

Geek in making
Hey Guys,

Lenovo Ideapad Y510 Series (59-390016) Laptop (4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ- 8 GB RAM- 1 TB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Windows 8- 2GB NVIDIA GT 750 N14P-GT1 Graphics) (Dusk Black) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

Is this a good deal ?, also I am a bit skeptical about ordering such an expensive product online, so I wanted know how many of you guys have ordered laptops online ?, Is this website SNAPDEAL.COM reliable ?

Thanks,
Abhijit
Snapdeal is a big NO from my side. There are very few people who trust snapdeal. Many times it had already goofed up with delayed delivery and even delivery of wrong item. So no from my side mate.

udit247

Journeyman
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Abhijit

Its a very good deal you are getting and I think Snapdeal is a good site as I have ordered some products from there and never faced any issues.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Thats the Y510 not Y510p. It doesn't have the Full HD screen of the p version, so the lower cost.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Alright guys this is going to sound weird but I have to ask this. How did you guys know that the laptop is full charged. I am asking this coz mine has only run about 30 hours on battery as of now :-D . So when did the led exactly stop blinking?

I think the battery won't charge more than 60% (by default). After that it uses direct AC power. So it never fully charges. It's a feature in Lenovo energy management.

dr.manoj

Broken In
I think the battery won't charge more than 60% (by default). After that it uses direct AC power. So it never fully charges. It's a feature in Lenovo energy management.

You can change that to the max battery life mode in which the battery charges to full... That said my battery never charged to full ever.. It would stop charging at 99% with the battery icon reading '99%, charging'..

I contacted customer care for this and they asked me to do a battery gauge reset.. Based on previous reading, and some comments here i decided not to risk doing that... In the last 2 days though my battery has shown full charge, but the wear level is now 4%...

GhostRecon

Broken In
Ordered the Non-SLI version with 24 GB SSD M.2 cache drive, DVD ROM and nVidia GT750M from US Lenovo Site. The price is good but the waiting time is huge!

udit247

Journeyman
Thats the Y510 not Y510p. It doesn't have the Full HD screen of the p version, so the lower cost.

No, they have forgotten to write "P" in the model name but its a Y510P because they have correctly mentioned its model number ie. 59390016

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, is this laptop still the best beast around for around 70k?
I am planning to recommend to a friend, who wants a laptop for mainly stuff like Video Editing on Adobe Premiere.

$hadow

Geek in making
So, is this laptop still the best beast around for around 70k?
I am planning to recommend to a friend, who wants a laptop for mainly stuff like Video Editing on Adobe Premiere.

Absolutely just ask hin to go for it. A vfm at this price point.

DPYBROS

Right off the assembly line
Ordered the Non-SLI version with 24 GB SSD M.2 cache drive, DVD ROM and nVidia GT750M from US Lenovo Site. The price is good but the waiting time is huge!

How did you order it from US? Do they ship to India or are you getting it shipped to US then bring it to India?
And what about the warranty, is Lenovo giving international warranty in India?

Thanks in advance.

anirbanhere

Broken In
Just wanted to share this, some of you might know this already !
Started playing Tomb Raider, 9 pm with Core Temp on to moniter CPU core temps. After one hour of play saw that 3 cores reached 99 Celsius and the left side was burning hot (untouchable for more than 3 sec). But whenever I play, I like to play long hours. So I switched off the computer removed the ultrabay slot of DVD burner and switched back on again.
After that I played for like 5-6 hours and the core temps never crossed 95 celsius (not even one). And all of this was done without the use of a cooling pad.
So I think this is a good option for summer long gaming marathons. (Anyway 'Winter is Coming').

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Started playing Tomb Raider, 9 pm with Core Temp on to moniter CPU core temps. After one hour of play saw that 3 cores reached 99 Celsius and the left side was burning hot (untouchable for more than 3 sec). But whenever I play, I like to play long hours. So I switched off the computer removed the ultrabay slot of DVD burner and switched back on again.
After that I played for like 5-6 hours and the core temps never crossed 95 celsius (not even one). And all of this was done without the use of a cooling pad.
So I think this is a good option for summer long gaming marathons. (Anyway 'Winter is Coming').

kindly stop doing that. once you keep your bay drive open... dust will start accumulating all over your PCI-E and before you know it... it will cause some serious warranty voidable damage.

$hadow

Geek in making

Why not get a cooling pad for it and a good one not to mention.

GhostRecon

Broken In
What price did you pay?? And 4700M??

$889.00 + $71.12 (California State Tax - For states like Texas/Oregon/Washington, it'd be much less) = $960.12 (Roughly 59K INR at the time of purchase) under Barnes and Noble discount. About the processor it's usual 4700MQ. Sorry for the typo.

How did you order it from US? Do they ship to India or are you getting it shipped to US then bring it to India?
And what about the warranty, is Lenovo giving international warranty in India?

Thanks in advance.

I am currently in the US :). No they don't ship internationally. But if you have some friend or relative returning from the US, you can ask him/her to bring one for you. It'd be a great deal. About warranty, I checked with Lenovo Support. They mentioned that it has 1 yr of international warranty.

In case you are planning something like this, logon to Lenovo Barnes and noble gold site though this url - *shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/contro...ovo:EnterStdAffinity?affinity=barnesnoblegold

It's mainly for students, but they don't check or ask for any verification..

Last edited:

aattumama

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,
I'm planning on purchasing the dual gt750 model from the States (got an uncle to get it for me). I've got a couple of questions:
1) Using the ultrabay I can replace a graphic card for a dvd drive right? Where can I purchase this ultrabay dvd drive here in India?
2) Silly question, but if I've got no dvd drive on my laptop, how do i play games which require a cd/dvd to run? I plan on connecting a mouse, a cooling pad and an external keyboard, so I wont have any slots for an external dvd drive, right?

Top Bottom