The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

Gtb93

In the zone
I'm really sorry to have kept you guys waiting.

Seller- sales_ttlinfotec
Just ebay this. I'm in a hurry, hence not posting full details.

Please note, the INTEL8EBAY won't be available after 16 sep afaik, so hurry up.
Also, I received the laptop today. Just 2 days! Seller is excellent (Delhi-Pune).

Expect a review.

Someone had asked me about the gpu, yes it's 755m/4600.

$hadow

Geek in making
finally got the gift voucher and confirmation of the ADP warranty. Don't have to worry about that anymore. hey everybody who is into gaming here, you guys use just the mouse/keyboard or do you connect a gaming controller? and someone suggest a good cooling pad for this
On which date did you get registered?? Wait for xbox one controller if you can or else xbox 360 controller is always a option along with logitech controller.

diya.r

Broken In
On which date did you get registered?? Wait for xbox one controller if you can or else xbox 360 controller is always a option along with logitech controller.

I had registered on the 1st of September '13. actually I thought it would take longer as I couldn't get through to the number they hav provided for the do gear offer. still I have to receive my order. don't know how long that wud take.
I was planning on the xbox 360 controller as well. on flipkart its expensive. looking for a dealer where the price is lower

nandu26

In the zone
I'm really sorry to have kept you guys waiting.

Seller- sales_ttlinfotec
Just ebay this. I'm in a hurry, hence not posting full details.

Please note, the INTEL8EBAY won't be available after 16 sep afaik, so hurry up.
Also, I received the laptop today. Just 2 days! Seller is excellent (Delhi-Pune).

Expect a review.

Someone had asked me about the gpu, yes it's 755m/4600.

Can you let us know about the quality of the display? Does it look like a glass?

It would be helpful if you post photo of the display with win 8.

Gtb93

In the zone
Hello again.
Yes, the display is like a glass lol. However, the screen quality is brilliant, way better than the touchsmart hp thing.
My model has the synaptics touchpad for those who wanted to know.
Yes, it's 755M and 4600.

Still in college. By 7pm hopefully, I'll update with pictures.
And probably tonight itself, a few gaming benchmarks with temps. Would appreciate if someone would link me to the popular benchmark softwares like 3dmark11 etc as I've never done it before.

Regards.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Today i talked to the shopkeeper here and he told the machine would cost 72K.
then i talked about the e- voucher on the dostore. He told me those voucher have ALREADY EXPIRED!!! He showed me the terms and conditions on the dostore and i was shocked... Those vouchers had already expired on 15 august...

did anybody receive any anything??

Edit - in the times of India there was advertisement of Intel stating buy any hp and Lenovo laptop with Intel proceSser and get voucher for upto 10k. the ad was like 10 days ago.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Hello again.
Yes, the display is like a glass lol. However, the screen quality is brilliant, way better than the touchsmart hp thing.
Yes, it's 755M and 4600.

And probably tonight itself, a few gaming benchmarks with temps. Would appreciate if someone would link me to the popular benchmark softwares like 3dmark11 etc as I've never done it before.

Regards.

that would be great!

3dmark13 : 3DMark cross-platform benchmark for Windows, Windows RT, Android and iOS

3dmark11 : 3DMark 11 - DirectX 11 video card benchmark from Futuremark

Gtb93

In the zone
that would be great!

3dmark13 : 3DMark cross-platform benchmark for Windows, Windows RT, Android and iOS

3dmark11 : 3DMark 11 - DirectX 11 video card benchmark from Futuremark

Yeah, I did some googling myself. Benchmarks will take one more day, as I'm on a shared connection at my flat, I'm not really getting much juice out of the network as of now. Will keep it overnight, and hopefully by tomorrow, you'll have the benchmarks.

Today, I'll post just pics and a few game screenies/etc

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Yeah, I did some googling myself. Benchmarks will take one more day, as I'm on a shared connection at my flat, I'm not really getting much juice out of the network as of now. Will keep it overnight, and hopefully by tomorrow, you'll have the benchmarks.

Today, I'll post just pics and a few game screenies/etc

pics , fps of few games, idle and load temps, asic quality of gpu ( right click on gpu z .. it will show u option)

also, kindly download hwinfo64.. its a small file... run the program. it shows u instantaneous clocks of each core. while keeping this window open, run windows index assessment test and just check if all 4 cores are in turbo simultaneously!

Cant wait!

pradeepraj808

Right off the assembly line
finally got the gift voucher and confirmation of the ADP warranty. Don't have to worry about that anymore. hey everybody who is into gaming here, you guys use just the mouse/keyboard or do you connect a gaming controller? and someone suggest a good cooling pad for this

hi Guys.. I bought the new Lenovo ideapad y510 from my local store in Coimbatore today..now my doubt is how can I register my product in the do store to avail my redemption offer..please explain to me in detail ..Thanks in advance

udit247

Journeyman

Congrats for getting the voucher and ADP warranty. Well I am also having a PS3 so I completely lost my command on Mouse/Keyboard while playing games so I use Xbox 360 wired controller with my PC and infact I think I was never good at Mouse/Keyboard.:-D

Hello once again. I've finally ordered my laptop(after 7 months :p).
I got it for 67k with redemption offer. No other goodies. Hoping to receive the shipment by sunday!
Will do an in-depth review, please let me know all the benchmarks, queries you guys require. Since I've been in the waiting list since 7 months, I know how eager , prospective buyers are! Hopefully, I will get one with matte finish, and no other issues. Fingers crossed.

Also, to the current owners of this laptop. Which cooling pad do you suggest? One that's effective according the vent placement, and isn't too costly.

@diya.r- I'm planning to get the Logitech G300 (1.4k).

That's a good deal indeed and you are welcome to be a part of Y510P owners

Hello again.
Yes, it's 755M and 4600.

Regards.

Thanks for the Info!

pics , fps of few games, idle and load temps, asic quality of gpu ( right click on gpu z .. it will show u option)

also, kindly download hwinfo64.. its a small file... run the program. it shows u instantaneous clocks of each core. while keeping this window open, run windows index assessment test and just check if all 4 cores are in turbo simultaneously!

Cant wait!

"Each core offers a base speed of 2.4 GHz but can dynamically increase clock rates with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz (for 4 active cores), 3.3 GHz (for 2 active cores) and 3.4 GHz (for 1 active core)."

You can read More here

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
"Each core offers a base speed of 2.4 GHz but can dynamically increase clock rates with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz (for 4 active cores), 3.3 GHz (for 2 active cores) and 3.4 GHz (for 1 active core)."

You can read More here

i know :|

"Turbo Boost allows for automatic overclocking so the cores run faster than their base operating frequency. In ideal conditions, this increase is more than 1 GHz - but unfortunately, the IdeaPad Y510p suffers from a less-than-perfect implementation of the technology. As long as only one core is under load, everything is fine: 3.3 GHz are close to the upper Turbo Boost limit. When more than one core is tasked or the GPU is stressed, the clock speed drops to only 2.4 GHz. While this technically cannot be called throttling, it is still rather disappointing." hereReview Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

y510p owners kindly verify this.

Gtb93

In the zone
*imgur.com/a/NEPLH#0

FarCry3 worked pretty good. You can see fps is a bit under 30, but you can barely even notice the lag. VERY little.
Fifa 14<demo> gives 30 +1/-1 on all maxed out . Once you tone down the AA to x2 from x4 the fps shoots up to 40+ Again, full hd.

Also, @ Redemption offer, it's valid upto 30 september. ;)

Edit: Moar!

*imgur.com/a/VHRUo#0

Suprisingly, MW2 gave me a lot of hiccups. It performed bad. Probably because I'm using a non-steam version.. (IYKWIM).

However! Black Ops II worked brilliant, so did Modern Warfare 3 & Modern Warfare 1.. World at War had a few hiccups as well.. Sleeping Dogs and FarCry3 are amazing to play on Full HD. ^_^
Currently installing Dirt3/Ac

Regarding temps, it didn't cross 83c. Plus, as soon as you quit gaming, the laptop cools down immediately.

Last edited:

nandu26

In the zone
Y510-gtb93 - Imgur

FarCry3 worked pretty good. You can see fps is a bit under 30, but you can barely even notice the lag. VERY little.
Fifa 14<demo> gives 30 +1/-1 on all maxed out . Once you tone down the AA to x2 from x4 the fps shoots up to 40+ Again, full hd.

Also, @ Redemption offer, it's valid upto 30 september. ;)

Edit: Moar!

stuff-gtb93y510 - Imgur

Suprisingly, MW2 gave me a lot of hiccups. It performed bad. Probably because I'm using a non-steam version.. (IYKWIM).

However! Black Ops II worked brilliant, so did Modern Warfare 3 & Modern Warfare 1.. World at War had a few hiccups as well.. Sleeping Dogs and FarCry3 are amazing to play on Full HD. ^_^
Currently installing Dirt3/Ac

Regarding temps, it didn't cross 83c. Plus, as soon as you quit gaming, the laptop cools down immediately.

Did u got any backpack with laptop?

Sellers have increased the prices of laptops and are not including carry bags.

Top Bottom