The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

Thanks a lot man..
Once again thanks for thinking about me and mentioning me to your dealer.. Thanks a million...

Np.
If u can cancel the order, get it from ebay.
You can get it for 70k after applying the 10% coupon as nandu26 told. Apply INTEL8EBAY coupon. Sorry man even i didn't know about 10% coupon.

Thanks a lot man..
Did you (and others who boughr the laptop) get any backpack/messenger bag free with the laptop?

I got the Laptop bag + Mouse + Screen guard + Cooler + Keyboard protector film + A sleeve pouch. All are like local brands. but they are useful.

Anybody tried games ? I feel that it has limited key roll over.
And tried playing NFS : Hot pursuit 2. It heats up like a oven man..
And not able to play it smoothly due to this roll over issue.

Last edited:

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Np.
If u can cancel the order, get it from ebay.
You can get it for 70k after applying the 10% coupon as nandu26 told. Apply INTEL8EBAY coupon. Sorry man even i didn't know about 10% coupon.

I got the Laptop bag + Mouse + Screen guard + Cooler + Keyboard protector film + A sleeve pouch. All are like local brands. but they are useful.

Anybody tried games ? I feel that it has limited key roll over.
And tried playing NFS : Hot pursuit 2. It heats up like a oven man..
And not able to play it smoothly due to this roll over issue.

Sorry... i dont understand... Roll over issue?

what kind of temps are you getting while playing nfs?

Last edited:

udit247

Journeyman
Congrats to all those who bought this laptop, I have also joined the wagon of Y510P, got it yesterday just before the price increase and closure of 5K deal. I would also like to thank people here for their valuable comments specially Diya.R, Sinoop Joy and $hadow.

$hadow

Geek in making
First part of the review is out I will be completing it either by today or tomorrow.
Do tell me what you people need to know about in the review.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
First part of the review is out I will be completing it either by today or tomorrow.
Do tell me what you people need to know about in the review.

Performance under heavy gaming like crysis 3 and all. please do share the heat level and battery capacity during heavy gaming

dr.manoj

Broken In
Thanks man... Registered. You got your coupon ?
Bought anything ?

What are u guys planning to buy? Quite limited options only available.. I got a backpack with the laptop, so don't want another one. Hence I have even fewer options... Thinking about picking up a spare power-brick. What do u guys thik, is it worth it? Or should I just go for an assortment of accessories..

What are u guys planning to buy? Quite limited options only available.. I got a backpack with the laptop, so don't want another one. Hence I have even fewer options... Thinking about picking up a spare power-brick. What do u guys thik, is it worth it? Or should I just go for an assortment of accessories..

I checked all the items only extended warranty seems to be good. All others seems to be useless things.
First i planned to get the Bluetooth headset which is listed for 4,999. But reviews say that it is not so great. The tablet is also not worth it.

A dealer here in pune offered me 510p for 69k. Good deal, right?

69k is hell a lot of a deal man... He said this is the MRP or Net price ? If it is Net price, then tax will come extra which will be around 3k.

dr.manoj

Broken In
I checked all the items only extended warranty seems to be good. All others seems to be useless things.
First i planned to get the Bluetooth headset which is listed for 4,999. But reviews say that it is not so great. The tablet is also not worth it.

69k is hell a lot of a deal man... He said this is the MRP or Net price ? If it is Net price, then tax will come extra which will be around 3k.

Have you enquired about the details of the extended warranty? Someone I think had mentioned on the Y500 thread that the Do shield warranty replaces the existing warranty.. Is that true?

$hadow

Geek in making
Performance under heavy gaming like crysis 3 and all. please do share the heat level and battery capacity during heavy gaming

I would love to I would like to say that I need time regarding this since I am busy with my sister marriage arrangements but the normal review is out you can check it out

armada_red

Broken In
The dealer said that I would have to shell out 69k and not a rupee more, so I'm assuming its the MRP. But that was like 4 days ago. Don't know the situation now.

Maverick03

Broken In
Hey sinoop_joy thanks a lot man for informing all of us! Really the prices have gone up since today. Lenovo site has also been updated last night at 12.
Can anybody confirm whether their y510p has elan or synaptics touchpad?

Sorry... i dont understand... Roll over issue?

what kind of temps are you getting while playing nfs?

Temps are 75°C for CPU and 70°C for GPU.

Roll over issue is like you cannot press many keys at the same time for example ALT + Up + Left wont get recognised . Only ALT + Up gets recognized. Dont know whether it is just for me or all are having this

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Temps are 75°C for CPU and 70°C for GPU.

Roll over issue is like you cannot press many keys at the same time for example ALT + Up + Left wont get recognised . Only ALT + Up gets recognized. Dont know whether it is just for me or all are having this

those temps are normal man! update to 320.49 and your temps will go down by 2-3 on the gpu

Hey sinoop_joy thanks a lot man for informing all of us! Really the prices have gone up since today. Lenovo site has also been updated last night at 12.
Can anybody confirm whether their y510p has elan or synaptics touchpad?

No worries...!! Happy that i could help:)
And it is synaptic.

Anybody had the key roll over issue ?

udit247

Journeyman
Can any body here let me know whether you have Glossy or Matte finish screen and Synaptics or Elantech touch-pad coz my Y510 has glossy screen with Elantech touch-pad with average performance!

Top Bottom