The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

vito scalleta

In the zone
Try reducing settings.
Will the graphics card even be used to play when i start a game ?

I can reduce the settings after the game has started.. but how to make the nvidia GPU to run the game and how to check whether the graphic card is being used or if the integrated GPU is being used ?(other than by checking the temps)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Will the graphics card even be used to play when i start a game ?

I can reduce the settings after the game has started.. but how to make the nvidia GPU to run the game and how to check whether the graphic card is being used or if the integrated GPU is being used ?(other than by checking the temps)

Use MSI Afterburner to check GPU usage.

$hadow

Geek in making
Lenovo NVIDIA GeForce GT755M5 Graphics Card for IdeaPad Y510P Dual SLI Ultrabay | eBay
Lenovo IdeaPad Y15" Removable Grapgics NVIDIA GeForce GT755M5 New Opened Box | eBay

SLI cards up for grabs if anyone wants one.
ordered one earlier from US

$hadow

Geek in making
ETA? :))
Let's have benching competition afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

using my links?

- - - Updated - - -

A cheap one available:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y15" Removable Grapgics NVIDIA GeForce GT750M5 Used | eBay
I got it for $175 and that too with Lenovo International warranty which will be included in by laptop warranty.
And since I have 2 years more as of now laptop warranty I will be getting two years warranty on it :-D

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I got it for $175 and that too with Lenovo International warranty which will be included in by laptop warranty.
And since I have 2 years more as of now laptop warranty I will be getting two years warranty on it :-D

seriously....you gonna stick with for so long? I am trashing this next year for a Razer Blade probably.
You should have ordered a better Thermal paste with it too. I recommend IC Diamond.
Y510p Ultrabay card gets notoriously hot.

$hadow

Geek in making
seriously....you gonna stick with for so long? I am trashing this next year for a Razer Blade probably.
You should have ordered a better Thermal paste with it too. I recommend IC Diamond.
Y510p Ultrabay card gets notoriously hot.

Thanks for the input man. There is a lot going to be happen in 2 years and since i got 3 years warranty on first place I don't think that I willl be getting another gaming laptop for that time. But will be getting a mac book air for normal stiff. Plus in the market for a console + Tab+ mobile phew a long gadget year awaits me :-D

vito scalleta

In the zone
hello again
Since i replaced my dvd drive on my y510p with an ssd , iam thinking abt wat can be done with the 24gb cache ssd ..
Can i just format that and use it to store some data or should it be left undisturbed ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
hello again
Since i replaced my dvd drive on my y510p with an ssd , iam thinking abt wat can be done with the 24gb cache ssd ..
Can i just format that and use it to store some data or should it be left undisturbed ?

You had a 24 GB SSD cache? :facepalm:
Should have said it before replacing DVD drive. You can replace with a M.2 SSD now if you want. It's pretty much useless now. You can use it as a PD by buying an external M.2 enclosure.

vito scalleta

In the zone
You had a 24 GB SSD cache? :facepalm:
Should have said it before replacing DVD drive. You can replace with a M.2 SSD now if you want. It's pretty much useless now. You can use it as a PD by buying an external M.2 enclosure.

i bought the ssd in haste..
anyway the reason i was asking about using the m.2 ssd for a different purpose was that i thought using the ssd cache for an ssd could actually slow down the process compared to the speeds i would be getting i was to use the main ssd alone ... am i correct ?

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
i bought the ssd in haste..
anyway the reason i was asking about using the m.2 ssd for a different purpose was that i thought using the ssd cache for an ssd could actually slow down the process compared to the speeds i would be getting i was to use the main ssd alone ... am i correct ?

Nah...no slowdowns. It lies dormant though.

Akshay Biyani

Broken In
Does anybody know where I can find a y510p core i5 variant in Maharashtra ?? I want to buy it from retailer and it is oos everywhere pls help. Or is anyone willing to sell theirs?
Contact 7385698987

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
when i ordered this laptop from flipkart(seller JHR online), i found wrong warranty dates on lenovo website after entering serial number. contacted lenovo regarding this and they updated it.
Sir

The warranty start date shown on your website is 2014-03-28, although I placed an order for my Lenovo Y510p Core i5 version on flipkart.com on July 6th 2014 and it reached me on July 11th 2014. The invoice is dated as July 7th 2014.
The serial number is ...................
I have attached a picture of the invoice along with the email.

Thanks
Jaskanwar Singh

Sent from Windows Mail

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Lenovo India Registration Team. This is Baorong Chen, and I am glad to work with you. For your reference, the case ID for this service request is .................... You can contact me directly by replying this email to registrationaent006@lenovoreg.com with the case ID in the subject line.

Your registration request is fulfilled in our system. Here is a summary of the product:

Serial Number (S/N): .......................

Warranty Start Date: 2014/07/07

Warranty End Date: 2015/07/06

You may query the registration information on the website below after 1-2 business days:

WarrantyLookup - Lenovo Support (US)

Thanks again for contacting Lenovo Registration Team.

Thanks and Regards

Baorong Chen

Lenovo India Registration Team

udit247

Journeyman
Guys, good news for all the owners of Y410P and Y510P. Our laptop supports one broadcom Wifi 802.11ac adapter with speed of 867MBPS
If you want to upgrade your stock WiFi adapter to the above mentioned adapter than consider getting Broadcom BCM94352HMB. You can get that card from here.
After getting the card use official broadcom driver from Lenovo Y50 or ASUS AC68 driver if you want to get 450MBPS speed on 802.11n network but it will work only with WiFi routers that have Turbo QAM support.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, good news for all the owners of Y410P and Y510P. Our laptop supports one broadcom Wifi 802.11ac adapter with speed of 867MBPS
If you want to upgrade your stock WiFi adapter to the above mentioned adapter than consider getting Broadcom BCM94352HMB. You can get that card from here.
After getting the card use official broadcom driver from Lenovo Y50 or ASUS AC68 driver if you want to get 450MBPS speed on 802.11n network but it will work only with WiFi routers that have Turbo QAM support.

Good news that. But here in India do we have that speed anywhere?

udit247

Journeyman
Good news that. But here in India do we have that speed anywhere?

If Internet speed is considered than India is considered among the worst in the world but high speed home WiFi network can be used to speed up the streaming or sharing content between various devices rather than internet only.:p

Top Bottom