The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

udit247

Journeyman
Yes, I too want to buy i5 variant. Will there be any major gaming difference from the i7 variant as I will be playing titan fall on this machine.

Most of the games use GPU to render graphics and CPU is not that much used so i5 variant will be just fine. After all you may not need the amount of power i7 provides but if you are looking for a truely powerful machine or your work load is more CPU intensive than go with i7 variant.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Most of the games use GPU to render graphics and CPU is not that much used so i5 variant will be just fine. After all you may not need the amount of power i7 provides but if you are looking for a truely powerful machine or your work load is more CPU intensive than go with i7 variant.

:facepalm:
All games use GPU to render graphics.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I ordered it online from thedostore, a rep called me and informed that thedostore is giving +2 years extra warranty free if bought from their store. I think its worth it.

melt

Broken In
I ordered it online from thedostore, a rep called me and informed that thedostore is giving +2 years extra warranty free if bought from their store. I think its worth it.

Congrats. Did they by any chance mention if the +2 year extra warranty is applicable on all range of laptops bought from dostore or just the y510p?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats. Did they by any chance mention if the +2 year extra warranty is applicable on all range of laptops bought from dostore or just the y510p?

Thanks.
ahh i didnt ask ... :(

- - - Updated - - -

I had to call their toll free number for another query, and I asked which models would have the extended warranty offer

its the z500 i7 model , and y510p i5 & i7 models. If you buy these from lenovo dostore then you get extra 2 years warranty free.

Last edited:

starbearer

Broken In
What's the cheapest variant of Y510P ? And its price ?[/QUOTE

Thanks.
ahh i didnt ask ... :(

- - - Updated - - -

I had to call their toll free number for another query, and I asked which models would have the extended warranty offer

its the z500 i7 model , and y510p i5 & i7 models. If you buy these from lenovo dostore then you get extra 2 years warranty free.

Wowwatttt?

Lucky...that makes it even....retailers selling at 73k and dostore offering 2yrs extra warranty at atleast 3k price.....makes it 76k...I think dostore is the best option then...

**confirm....is the accidental coverage also for 2yrs?
I still got my 2yr extended warranty from last year y500...can they transfer to this year's y510p...???

- - - Updated - - -

What's the cheapest variant of Y510P ? And its price ?

Anybody ordered this laptop from snapdeal.com? The price is about 69000 there. But there is also a review about a used product been delivered.

Snapdeal is gud website...but dont trust them for such a expensive product and also to mention warranty issues.
about the used laptop delivered...not sure what could have gone wrong except lenovo shipping out a refurbished laptop to snapdeal and the same going to customer...thats actually possible in india only

amitbhatt89

Broken In
Yes I have formatted everything and restored OKR functionality, steps that I followed:
1). Get key from BIOS using RW Everything (More Info)
2). Install OKR 8.0 (More Info)
3). Install Windows 8.1 Single Language x64 (More Info)

NOTE: You can modify create.ini file in OKR iso to change the partition size being created.

o_O i think this is something that i am looking since ages
I want to upgrade to 8.1 but ms store is ridiculous as update stopped TWO times even after full 3GBs+ download :( so not want to waste more time to try again from store and i have not that much speedy net connection too :/

Can you make steps or little tutorial how to upgrade from 8 to 8.1 with oem actived keys ?
I tried one iso of 8.1 but that was not accepting the key i got from bios using some software and ended up with 8 again.

directions will highly appreciated :)

intruder16

Right off the assembly line
o_O i think this is something that i am looking since ages
I want to upgrade to 8.1 but ms store is ridiculous as update stopped TWO times even after full 3GBs+ download :( so not want to waste more time to try again from store and i have not that much speedy net connection too :/

Can you make steps or little tutorial how to upgrade from 8 to 8.1 with oem actived keys ?
I tried one iso of 8.1 but that was not accepting the key i got from bios using some software and ended up with 8 again.

directions will highly appreciated :)

1. Extract your windows key from BIOS.
2. Run "slmgr.vbs /dlv" on the factory-installed OS & note down the SKU. (REF)
3. Depending upon the SKU, download windows 8.1 iso from official repositories using this site.

For example, if your SKU is CoreSingleLanguage (which it most probably is) then download windows 8.1 Core single language edition.

Please note that you have to use windows 8.1 product key for windows 8.1 installation, after installation is completed change the product key to the one from your BIOS only then will windows activate.

Hope this Helps.

amitbhatt89

Broken In
1. Extract your windows key from BIOS.
2. Run "slmgr.vbs /dlv" on the factory-installed OS & note down the SKU. (REF)
3. Depending upon the SKU, download windows 8.1 iso from official repositories using this site.

For example, if your SKU is CoreSingleLanguage (which it most probably is) then download windows 8.1 Core single language edition.

Please note that you have to use windows 8.1 product key for windows 8.1 installation, after installation is completed change the product key to the one from your BIOS only then will windows activate.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks for reply
one confusion , how to change key for 8.1 ?
also i have CoreSingleLanguage edition so the name provided MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.1.SINGLE.LANGUAGE.RTM.X64.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT is correct (on the link you provided) ?

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Damn today I applied el cheapo thermal paste to ultrabay GPU and temps are worse than earlier. Now I gotta buy that Arctic silver after all.

hybridic

Broken In
If i buy the i5 version , is it possible to upgrade its CPU in future ?
Also is it possible to put an Ultra-bay 755m GPU in that ?

intruder16

Thanks for reply
one confusion , how to change key for 8.1 ?
also i have CoreSingleLanguage edition so the name provided MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.1.SINGLE.LANGUAGE.RTM.X64.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT is correct (on the link you provided) ?

Download the one with this file name under SingleLanguage Section :

9600.16384.130821-1623_x64fre_Client_SingleLanguage_EN-US-IRM_CSLA_DV5.ISO

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
If i buy the i5 version , is it possible to upgrade its CPU in future ?
Also is it possible to put an Ultra-bay 755m GPU in that ?

Yes, you will be able to upgrade the processor but it will be pretty costly, 15-20k+taxes.
It is possible to put the SLI card, it costs 8k when importing.

- - - Updated - - -

Use this key : Y9NXP-XT8MV-PT9TG-97CT3-9D6TC

Download the one with this file name under SingleLanguage Section :

9600.16384.130821-1623_x64fre_Client_SingleLanguage_EN-US-IRM_CSLA_DV5.ISO

Don't pull off stunts like that. God knows who's key is that. Win 8 laptops have Win 8 key embedded in the bios. [MENTION=796]amit[/MENTION]bahtt89 why do you want to change your key? Is original Win 8 key which works for win 8.1 not good enough?

Maverick03

Broken In
Yes, you will be able to upgrade the processor but it will be pretty costly, 15-20k+taxes.
It is possible to put the SLI card, it costs 8k when importing.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't pull off stunts like that. God knows who's key is that. Win 8 laptops have Win 8 key embedded in the bios. [MENTION=796]amit[/MENTION]bahtt89 why do you want to change your key? Is original Win 8 key which works for win 8.1 not good enough?

Lol buddy just calm down. First of all you cannot install win8.1 with win8 cd key even though it is original and came with your laptop. Secondly that cd key which has been provided is a generic one which only allows you to install win8.1. One will have to activate after installation completes. Unlike earlier versions of window installations where you can simply skip entering product key, win 8.1 doesnt allows that. So i hope i answered you question.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Lol buddy just calm down. First of all you cannot install win8.1 with win8 cd key even though it is original and came with your laptop. Secondly that cd key which has been provided is a generic one which only allows you to install win8.1. One will have to activate after installation completes. Unlike earlier versions of window installations where you can simply skip entering product key, win 8.1 doesnt allows that. So i hope i answered you question.

Wait.......won't the key work for just one computer?? In that case somebody must have already used it. That was what I was implying. I think you can upgrade to win 8.1 from win 8 original version which came with the laptop.

Maverick03

Broken In
No its not the case with this cd key. It can be always used on any number of computers only for installation purposes. And yes you can always upgrade directly from win8 store but here the scenario is of fresh installation of win8.1 to a pc which came with win8 product key.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
No its not the case with this cd key.It can be always used on any number of computers only for installation purposes. And yes you can always upgrade directly from win8 store but here the scenario is of fresh installation of win8.1 to a pc which came with win8 product key.

I don't believe that. This way Microsoft will go bankrupt if that provides full installation.

- - - Updated - - -

If that is a trial key then what's the use??? Better to stick with original win 8 key and then upgrade with it.

Maverick03

Broken In
You are right its trial product key. But its useful coz it lets you install win8.1 which your original win8 product key doesn't. After installation you can activate using your original win8 product key. This way microsoft also won't go bankrupt and we can directly do a fresh install of win8.1 instead of first doing a win8 install and then upgrading to win8.1 . :)

intruder16

I don't believe that. This way Microsoft will go bankrupt if that provides full installation.

- - - Updated - - -

If that is a trial key then what's the use??? Better to stick with original win 8 key and then upgrade with it.

U don't get it. Win 8 users can upgrade to 8.1 without hassle. But if you want to clean install windows 8.1 (from 8.1 msdn iso), then u cant use windows 8 key for "Installtion" (remember its "installation"). For activation change your key to the original one. Its as simple as that!

Microsoft would have gone bankrupt if you can activate with that generic key! In short you cannot activate without original key.

And that key i posted is a generic one. U can use any 8.1 Core edition key for installation, but to activate u need a genuine key (which u already have in your BIOS).

Don't get so aggressive or "pull any stunts" over something u don't understand. ;)

Top Bottom