The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

DukeSan27

Right off the assembly line
congratz.
BTW you can easily max out BF 4. SSAA off. I play it with max settings. 2 80mm fans underneath it running @ 12v.

I'll try that. I just tried few games online, and GPUs are below 75 but CPU is hitting 86. But I think that's during loading during gameplay its below 80.

2x80mm at 12v must be quite a racket:) What are your temps like and any volt/speed changes?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Overclocked upto 1080 core and 2200 memory.
Not overvolted.
Gpus reach upto 91 degrees during 100% scaling. That's pretty common on latest drivers. These days ambient temps are high so that might be a cause.
I have tried almost all games of 2013-14 and pretty much everything is playable at almost max. Currently downloading Thief.

- - - Updated - - -

Online games rarely raise temps above 60 lol.

falcongamer

Broken In
I asked my friend to call up Lenovo in the US. Says Y50 gonna release by mid April in the US!

Battery life as projected by lenovo seems to be 1 hr less than y510p even though it'll have more efficient CPU and GPU. Are they gonna fit in way smaller batteries or what?!

starbearer

Broken In
Could be internal battery somewat like dell inspiron 15 7000 series......that laptop is good machine to buy but the only thing is that it has gt750m and i7 4500u.
These are not bad at all just lesser than i7 4700qm and gt 755m...

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The screen..........it takes a lot more battery life to power a 4k screen than FHD and even more with touch.

falcongamer

Broken In
Could be internal battery somewat like dell inspiron 15 7000 series......that laptop is good machine to buy but the only thing is that it has gt750m and i7 4500u.
These are not bad at all just lesser than i7 4700qm and gt 755m...
Yeah. I decided against the Inspiron 7000 just for the 4500U CPU. 80K feels too much for that. Otherwise it's a beautiful thing, with Corning Gorilla glass and IPS screen.

The screen..........it takes a lot more battery life to power a 4k screen than FHD and even more with touch.
So the FHD will have good battery life. Would be nice. Its killing me to consider waiting for the Y50 considering we have almost no idea when it'll come to India!

starbearer

Broken In
Yeah. I decided against the Inspiron 7000 just for the 4500U CPU. 80K feels too much for that. Otherwise it's a beautiful thing, with Corning Gorilla glass and IPS screen.

So the FHD will have good battery life. Would be nice. Its killing me to consider waiting for the Y50 considering we have almost no idea when it'll come to India!

Be it the launch date of April mid or March last...whatever it is im sure if Lenovo together releases with US, China and India then you should wait otherwise take it from me maybe in 2nd quarter end which would be June or July.
Why im saying this is as Y510p was existing in US before it could make it to India and even now Lenovo is selling y500 in US(whyyyy?)...since Lenovo takes it own sweet time for sending multimedia laptops to India market but since India has been emerging market this is not the case with Thinkpad series.....they launch and hit markets very soon.
**I too cant wait that long.....so im researching on Acer Aspire v3-772g/ AsuS Rog models which should not cost more than 90k in India if imported....checked on Amazon.
Another good choice is Gigabyte p35k, but I have no idea on their services platform in Delhi....so its kinda a risk...otherwise it beats the hell out of crossover laptops.

udit247

Journeyman
Well SLI does work!

But before that an update from my temperature issues. My gaming needs are for BF4 primarily so everything is based upon that. I tried a Targus cooling pad, was lying around, did not help at all. Then I installed a 140mm fan running at 12v under my laptop bedstand. That helped a bit, maybe 1-2 degrees.

Next, I throttled the CPU to 1.8ghz and under-volted by 100mV. This is enough for BF4 as it does not use more 60% CPU anyway. Since CPU/GPU share the same cooling framework, this helped a lot. Down by 4-5 degress.

Last and best, I installed the SLI card. And temperatures are down to a peak of low 80s for GPUs and mid-70s for CPU. Apparently, both GPUs are only running at 70-75% usage (BF4 settings high, fps limited to 60), so this helps a lot.

Thanks for the great info mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Guess then Lenovo did not underpower Indian Y510p's SLI bridge. How did you import the SLI card? Mind sharing your experience?

I guess Indians pay more so they get more (some times)!:wink:

udit247

Journeyman
Dude Laptop companies are looting people in India. I guess this is because of strict govt. policies.

I know that every company is looting people here whether they are from electronics sector or automobiles but what a common man can do! Our crappy policies have crippled this country's development prospects:|

starbearer

Broken In
I know that every company is looting people here whether they are from electronics sector or automobiles but what a common man can do! Our crappy policies have crippled this country's development prospects:|

I think we should end the discussion with us indians being dumb enuff for people to loot us...coz next reply from someone will lead to political discussion...in the end it is our good luck to be indian and bad luck to be in india under such corrupted system.....

back to reality....
All hail y510p.....all hail y510p

Arnab.rc

Broken In
hi guys,
I am new here... after much consideration i narrowed the choice of buying a laptop to y510p. Iam not a hardcore gamer, but having an option will not harm me right?
besides being a passionate photographer , FHD screen is a great plus point I thought.
I would probably buy this machine on Saturday.. anyone know any local dealer in Kolkata where I can get a good deal?
Also as I am upgrading from a 8 year old lenovo (single core...:p...:p) to this machine. Please help me about what to do after buying this laptop..I dont even know how to make recovery disc..!!!
looking forword for some great advice.
NB: should I opt for extended warranty for the extra cost (If available) ?

starbearer

Broken In
hi guys,
I am new here... after much consideration i narrowed the choice of buying a laptop to y510p. Iam not a hardcore gamer, but having an option will not harm me right?
besides being a passionate photographer , FHD screen is a great plus point I thought.
I would probably buy this machine on Saturday.. anyone know any local dealer in Kolkata where I can get a good deal?
Also as I am upgrading from a 8 year old lenovo (single core...:p...:p) to this machine. Please help me about what to do after buying this laptop..I dont even know how to make recovery disc..!!!

Good going for y510p...hurray.

No need for backup disc as everything is done by one key recovery button placed on left handside of laptop...if windows crashes just press that button and rest should be automatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad news # 1

Y510p price increase by another 1000 or more.
(Confirmed by wholesaler at Nehru Place)

Bad news # 2

Y50 release date around q3 2014.
(Nehru place wholesaler/warehouse mgr)

Njoi

udit247

Journeyman
I think we should end the discussion with us indians being dumb enuff for people to loot us...coz next reply from someone will lead to political discussion...in the end it is our good luck to be indian and bad luck to be in india under such corrupted system.....

back to reality....
All hail y510p.....all hail y510p��������������������������������

Lets get back on track!:-D

- - - Updated - - -

hi guys,

Its better to go with gaming PC because they have enough power to do any demanding task efficiently including Photo and Video editing and you have made a wise choice to choose Y510p as it has better screen compared to HP's or Dell's FHD models.

falcongamer

Broken In
Good going for y510p...hurray.

No need for backup disc as everything is done by one key recovery button placed on left handside of laptop...if windows crashes just press that button and rest should be automatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad news # 1

Y510p price increase by another 1000 or more.
(Confirmed by wholesaler at Nehru Place)

Bad news # 2

Y50 release date around q3 2014.
(Nehru place wholesaler/warehouse mgr)

Njoi

Is this release date confirmed, considering all the speculation about end March and mid April launches? In that case I'll just go for Y510p!

Else you can wait for MSI laptops.
MSI laptops supposed to launch in India? When? What about Gigabyte laptops? Those are real beasts too.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Is this release date confirmed, considering all the speculation about end March and mid April launches? In that case I'll just go for Y510p!

MSI laptops supposed to launch in India? When? What about Gigabyte laptops? Those are real beasts too.

Ask [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION]. Apparently he's from MSI Indian team. He's saying somewhere around Q2.
core i7 4700MQ+GTX 860m.

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
Ask [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION]. Apparently he's from MSI Indian team. He's saying somewhere around Q2.
core i7 4700MQ+GTX 860m.

We're still working on with our channel partners as to which models are to be released. Apparently, they still are not convinced that our gaming laptops are the most affordable ones worldwide. As much as techie people here are in TD can understand that our offerings are more powerful and with more gaming features, they still think it's too expensive compared to competitors.

Top Bottom