The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
What about the display of Y500? Will it be too reflective especially I have tube light facing backside of my desk?

Is the display of Y500 better than Dell Truelife?

what you're asking is personal preference. personally i like glossy screens so i cant tell! Its best if u go to a store and have a look at the model yourself! otherwise if you take someone's word for it and then don't like it later... you'll end up repenting it!

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
What about the display of Y500? Will it be too reflective especially I have tube light facing backside of my desk?

Is the display of Y500 better than Dell Truelife?

+1 to what Akash Nandi said... Its goona hamper your work if you have the tube light on the backside!!!

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Really? It's not that bad though, surely? I mean I have a CFL just behind my head and it's reasonably bright. I see OK. Still, if that's a dealbreaker, then probably not - I dunno. I much prefer glossy screens as well.

By the way fellas, do you feel that our screen calibration is a bit off? It seems a bit yellow-ish (i.e. warm) to my eyes? I don't want to tinker with the values without any professional equipments, are there any good data I can use as reference point?

How can one redeem the evoucher:mrgreen:I bought my Y500 just about a month back so i might as well redeem it.

just go to Do Gear Program and you'll get all the instructions there....do tell me what you bought for the rs.5000 e-voucher...

Really? It's not that bad though, surely? I mean I have a CFL just behind my head and it's reasonably bright. I see OK. Still, if that's a dealbreaker, then probably not - I dunno. I much prefer glossy screens as well.

By the way fellas, do you feel that our screen calibration is a bit off? It seems a bit yellow-ish (i.e. warm) to my eyes? I don't want to tinker with the values without any professional equipments, are there any good data I can use as reference point?

lol....i think my one has just toooo white display....

H2O

Journeyman
Finally Lenovo have updated my warranty status.

*i.imgur.com/eMG2Noz.png

Guys I am getting the new y500 with gt 750 from my local store for 57k. The biggest concern I have is the 768p screen, should I go for it or should I go for the gt 650m version if I find one..?
Still if I find the gt 650m version would it be having the elan touch pad which had issues..?

57K?

Thats an awesome price, man.

If you can manage to get the 650m model then great otherwise 57K for Y500 with 750m is simply a brilliant deal.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Guys I am getting the new y500 with gt 750 from my local store for 57k. The biggest concern I have is the 768p screen, should I go for it or should I go for the gt 650m version if I find one..?
Still if I find the gt 650m version would it be having the elan touch pad which had issues..?

Tht's a good great deal!

Between, is it some personal reference or what?

N where are u from?

Akash Nandi

Journeyman

i doubt if anything will happen if u tinker with the settings... just don't put something at an incredibly high value

My warranty status doesnt show the third block...do all of you people have three blocks in their warranty status???

i just checked... i dnt have the third block. But i read the whole thing and it sounds fine.

just go to Do Gear Program and you'll get all the instructions there....do tell me what you bought for the rs.5000 e-voucher...

i just completed the registration process. How long do they usually take to mail you the coupon?

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone

lol....i think my one has just toooo white display....

Yeah mine too - that is desaturated, with a yellow tint however.

i just completed the registration process. How long do they usually take to mail you the coupon?

well you should have already got some mail...there you will be given a link....you'll have to go there and keep checking the status of your coupon....

by the way...when did you buy your laptop???

amg009

Broken In
57K?

Thats an awesome price, man.

If you can manage to get the 650m model then great otherwise 57K for Y500 with 750m is simply a brilliant deal.

Sorry guys I have been informed wrong, the seller told me the wrong price. Later when I called to clarify, he said it was a mistake and the price would be 68k..

nandu26

In the zone
if u buy lappy for 69000 u will get 5000 voucher. but still u have to spend more to get the item you want.

I can only see a tablet priced at 9K. rest of them are under 1000.

Can anyone say what is the actual display resolution of this ?

Flikart says 1366 x768. Just wnat to confirm as in Flipkart reviews , it says Full HD.

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

H2O

Journeyman
Its 1366 x768.

There was another model which was Full HD but that model has been discontinued. So, the initial reviews are about Full HD model.

Its 1366 x768.

There was another model which was Full HD but that model has been discontinued. So, the initial reviews are about Full HD model.

Ok thanks... planning to get this...

Are u talking about the 510P model ?
Also , can anybody tell me the best bet I can get this one ?
I saw flipkart. Nice deal. Any better deals ?

Top Bottom