The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

nandu26

In the zone
i didn't find any problems with the touchpad yet... all gesture controls work fine....

Display is 768p... and its glossy finish.

Thanks. I assume that resolution is 1366 x 768. I think they offered 1920 earlier.

I also want to know whether the graphics is better than Dell's AMD Radeon™ HD 8730M

I find 69K costly for this config. Same thing is priced less with Dell.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Thanks. I assume that resolution is 1366 x 768. I think they offered 1920 earlier.

I also want to know whether the graphics is better than Dell's AMD Radeon™ HD 8730M

lol if you just said "the same thing" then you couldnt be way way farther from teh truth. not only is the gpu in this config 2.5 x faster than the one dell is offering, it can be overclocked to be up to 3 times faster. not to mention the awesme looks, backlit keyboard etc. not to mention dell offers ULV processors and those are low power ones which gives less performance

Akash Nandi

Journeyman

lol! no wayy... like entrana said... 750m beats the crap out of a 8730m. the only thing the dell might be good at is the battery life.
y500 is good vfm... dell on the other hand is overpriced.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
lol! no wayy... like entrana said... 750m beats the crap out of a 8730m. the only thing the dell might be good at is the battery life.
y500 is good vfm... dell on the other hand is overpriced.

dell and battery is like needle and sword. the least to say is it sucks...

someone plz comment on this....

try removing the drive from ultrabay and checking if the button isnt pressed somewhere like lodged in. else lenovo

nandu26

In the zone

When Y500 was launched initially, it was priced at around 64000 with full HD (1920X1080). But now for 1366x768 they are charging 69000. This is my point.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
When Y500 was launched initially, it was priced at around 64000 with full HD (1920X1080). But now for 1366x768 they are charging 69000. This is my point.
how can prices not increase, do you even realize how fast our economy is crashing down. dollar exchange is now touching 62.
When the original y500 released dollar rate was sub 54-55. These products are imported and price will NATURALLY go up, which can not be avoided. As far as lenovo is concerned they are selling at a reasonable rate. As to the question of whether 69k is worth for this setting ,i personally believe it is. comparing with the nearest competitor which is the samsung n05in at 62k, it houses a 650m and a 1600x900 screen however is prone to extreme overheating in many cases and no backlit keyboard.

Point being prices have increased. accept that and move on. it is one of the many consequences of the rising dollar rate. for arguments sake the iphone used to release at a max rate of 40k now it is 55k. ( 32 gb ). in my opinion the 69k price of the new model is worthy considering current economic situations and the features it offers. if however your price limit is fixed at 64k i would suggest the samsung model, or if gaming isnt a real priority one of the dell models.

nandu26

In the zone
how can prices not increase, do you even realize how fast our economy is crashing down. dollar exchange is now touching 62.
When the original y500 released dollar rate was sub 54-55. These products are imported and price will NATURALLY go up, which can not be avoided. As far as lenovo is concerned they are selling at a reasonable rate. As to the question of whether 69k is worth for this setting ,i personally believe it is. comparing with the nearest competitor which is the samsung n05in at 62k, it houses a 650m and a 1600x900 screen however is prone to extreme overheating in many cases and no backlit keyboard.

Point being prices have increased. accept that and move on. it is one of the many consequences of the rising dollar rate. for arguments sake the iphone used to release at a max rate of 40k now it is 55k. ( 32 gb ). in my opinion the 69k price of the new model is worthy considering current economic situations and the features it offers. if however your price limit is fixed at 64k i would suggest the samsung model, or if gaming isnt a real priority one of the dell models.

Thanks for your comments. I found from your sig that you are using Y500.

Can you please tell me about the heating especially on the bottom of the laptop after 3 hours of usage?

Is the GPU included with Y500 is better than ATI HD7730M 2GB Graphics

Last edited:

H2O

Journeyman
can any of you guys give a snapshot of your warranty info as appearing on the lenovo india website???
only those guys give the snapshot whose warranty has been corrected to two years...
also what does "CO1" and "TRX" mean in case of warranty???

You got it from Flipkart?

Its showing my warranty is till 2014.

So, I contacted Flipkart and they are saying its a one year warranty when it was and still is clearly mentioned in the Y500 page that its a "2 Years Warranty ( 1 Year Onsite Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Carry In Accidental Damage Protection) Lenovo India Warranty and Free Transit Insurance.".

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

Can you please tell me about the heating especially on the bottom of the laptop after 3 hours of usage?

to answer this query once and for all, the gpu on this laptop is WAY WAY better than ANY OTHER gpu available in this subrange. ANY. the margin of improvement is over 80% which implies that the gpu in this laptop is at least twice more powerful than any other gpu available, specially AMD.

as for the heating it is virtually absent. i play games on my lap including battelfield 3 with no noticeable discomfort due to heat. its only hot near the heating vent which is on the left side for obvious reason but unless you are touching that, and by no means you should be, it is completely cool.

So, I contacted Flipkart and they are saying its a one year warranty when it was and still is clearly mentioned in the Y500 page that its a "2 Years Warranty ( 1 Year Onsite Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Carry In Accidental Damage Protection) Lenovo India Warranty and Free Transit Insurance.".
that 2 year warranty was a scheme but can also be availed for an additional 2-3 k during offline purchase.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman

7730m is a joke compared to the 750m

no i did not get it from flipkart....however my warranty has now been updated to 2 years....just go to the lenovo india website....you will get all necessary instructions there....
cheers...

no i did not get it from flipkart....however my warranty has now been updated to 2 years....just go to the lenovo india website....you will get all necessary instructions there....
cheers...

the product is entitled to two year warranty....and if you've purchased it in the last one month....i believe you are also entitled to Rs. 5000 free e-voucher.....

vishugamer

Right off the assembly line
cheers...

cheers...

the product is entitled to two year warranty....and if you've purchased it in the last one month....i believe you are also entitled to Rs. 5000 free e-voucher.....

How can one redeem the evoucher:mrgreen:I bought my Y500 just about a month back so i might as well redeem it.

amg009

Broken In
Guys I am getting the new y500 with gt 750 from my local store for 57k. The biggest concern I have is the 768p screen, should I go for it or should I go for the gt 650m version if I find one..?
Still if I find the gt 650m version would it be having the elan touch pad which had issues..?

nandu26

In the zone
What about the display of Y500? Will it be too reflective especially I have tube light facing backside of my desk?

Is the display of Y500 better than Dell Truelife?

Top Bottom