The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

1gb gt750m ??

This is India....unimaginable things happen....anything is possible

@sam_738844 - dude that's one awesome lappy u got there....how much did it cost you???

how come none of us here knew about this lappy??? we discussed almost every lappy in this thread...but this didn't even come to our mind.....

Have finally made up my mind for the Y500!

Looking for the best deals in Delhi. Got any suggestions guys?

Dude why dont u check up the config of sam's lappy above....and try to get something like that...
On top of that i would strongly recommend something with a matte screen...glossy display sucks big time....i personally regret a glossy display...

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Dude why dont u check up the config of sam's lappy above....and try to get something like that...
On top of that i would strongly recommend something with a matte screen...glossy display sucks big time....i personally regret a glossy display...

not only is sams laptop probably not available in india, clevo series are quite expensive and that 780m will run you around 1.5 lakh +

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
One doubt....

Is it worth waiting for the 4th Gen Haswell? By when are these 4th Gen - Haswell hitting the indian market? I have read that they would be available only in selective models.
Plus what would be the price difference?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
guys check out custom gaming laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks , amazing laptop configuration and in the price range of y500....
apparently it does ship to india however the shipping cost itself is also quite high and due to the high dollar rate unfavorable. the cheapest comparable to a 510p however costs 1350~1400 usd ~ 86k INR. not to mention the warranty will be more or less unapplicable

vigneshn92

Broken In
My y500, though remains extremely cool has the fan running at full speed at all times. With no fan speed control, neither in the bios or any other s/w like speedfan working, is there any workaround for this ?

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Just to make up my mind; how long are you planning to keep your Y500?

3 years. perfect for buying volta!

My y500, though remains extremely cool has the fan running at full speed at all times. With no fan speed control, neither in the bios or any other s/w like speedfan working, is there any workaround for this ?

you might want to get it checked.... my fans are hardly ever audible unless i use that dust removal thingy.. and unless i'm gaming the fan runs at a very low RPM.. only when i'm playing a taxing game does the temps shoot up to 75 and the fans kick in!

what kind of ideal temps are you getting with the fan running at max RPM?

vigneshn92

Broken In
3 years. perfect for buying volta!

you might want to get it checked.... my fans are hardly ever audible unless i use that dust removal thingy.. and unless i'm gaming the fan runs at a very low RPM.. only when i'm playing a taxing game does the temps shoot up to 75 and the fans kick in!

what kind of ideal temps are you getting with the fan running at max RPM?
Anywhere between 40 and 45 deg .The issue is not the temps at all. Its the noise from the fans running at full speed !

the dvd drive is really driving me nuts...if i try to pick up the laptop , a little push on the base of dvd drive ejects the dvd drive on its own....its irritating when you have to pick it up continuously....what to do???

should i call the lenovo guys???

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Anywhere between 40 and 45 deg .The issue is not the temps at all. Its the noise from the fans running at full speed !

Call up lenovo and tell them your fan is not working properly.... tell them that its always running at full speed even at idle and making a "LOT OF NOISE". Stress on the latter or they won't come to the rescue.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Which model to choose from btw these -

*shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/

Basically confused between the "Optical Device" choice -
DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)

or

Ultrabay SLI Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT750M GDDR5 2GB

The later is available with a price difference of $200. And is getting out of budget!

Confused!

Last edited:
Top Bottom