The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

H2O

Journeyman
Finally, I have placed the order for Lenovo Y500 with 750m GFX Card and Only HD Model for 64K. :)

deadzone

Journeyman
For mouse buy logitech G400
Mouse pad - steelseries qck mini or Razer goliathus speed omega (I bought these)
Cooling pad is not required,purchase later if you feel the need.

Enjoy.. :D

Mouse pad - steelseries qck mini or Razer goliathus speed omega (I bought these)

Good suggestions.

Which mousepad do u have ? Which will u prefer Steelseries or Razer ?

H2O

Journeyman

Cheers.

I will but the Mouse and Mouse Pad next month after my sems are over. I use my laptop on bed. Hence, was wondering if a cooling pad would be necessary. Currently, I use a wooden board on the top of the bed on which I keep my laptop.

congrats!
could you kindly post some benchmarks with that GT 750M :D

Sure. :)

deadzone

Journeyman
Good suggestions.

Which mousepad do u have ? Which will u prefer Steelseries or Razer ?

I have bought the Razer omega speed.....it will come in the next week....
Got from indiatimes at 581 (cheapest online)

-----
Anyone who needs g400,can buy from infibeam at 1617 ( after using coupon monsoon5) - cheapest online.

For cooling pad look at zebronics nc1000 ( not good to use on bed becoz the bottom is open), deep cool multicore x6.

I am suggesting the above from the research I have done....I don't own any cooling pad.
The mouse and mouse pad are coming to me next week.

Aerrow

Journeyman
I have bought the Razer omega speed.....it will come in the next week....
Got from indiatimes at 581 (cheapest online)

-----
Anyone who needs g400,can buy from infibeam at 1617 ( after using coupon monsoon5) - cheapest online.

For cooling pad look at zebronics nc1000 ( not good to use on bed becoz the bottom is open), deep cool multicore x6.

I am suggesting the above from the research I have done....I don't own any cooling pad.
The mouse and mouse pad are coming to me next week.

Any cooling pad that can be connected under the laptop so that we cam use it in our lap? I use it lying down with the laptop supported on my legs.

deadzone

Journeyman
Aerrow,

I don't know too much into these but before buying a cooling pad you need to make sure that the fan doesn't make too much noise.....the belkin cooling pad make a lot of noise.

Zebronics and deep cool multi core x6 have been reported to be good from online reviews.

The zebronics nc1000 ones are open from bottom and so the fan may touch the bed and stop...so it is best used when there is sufficient gab between the fan and the bottom support (leg,wooden bench,table or whatever).... may be you can check in local store...online it is not possible.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Btw, can anyone tell me where I can buy an US to Indian Plug adapter online since my lappy will be from US... Can't seem to find locally... :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Check eBay.in

Okay...
Btw, they seem to be having some problems with the y510p in the US!!! First, it was out of stock everywhere, and now, they removed the SLI version!!! :evil:
Possibly due to heating or maybe driver issues... :|
No way in hell that's gonna be released in India any time soon... :-(

Still they may release it in India after rectifying the problem, selling older stock with problems here, as was done with Y500. Y500 was launched here in late Jan '13 but still we got ELAN touchpad, whereas it was changed in US in Dec '12 itself

Harsh23

Broken In
Hey Guys just curious, I wanted to know what'll happen if something goes wrong with the one key recovery and win 8
will the guys at lenovo do something about it or what..??

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
@ All Y500 owners... How is the After Sales Service and Customer care response from lenovo... Please post your experience mentioning the place too.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Still they may release it in India after rectifying the problem, selling older stock with problems here, as was done with Y500. Y500 was launched here in late Jan '13 but still we got ELAN touchpad, whereas it was changed in US in Dec '12 itself

Now they changed the y510p to glossy display!!!

IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (US)

WTH!!! It seems they can't stand one week without changing the specs...:evil:
First the SLI, then the processor (4700MQ<-->4702MQ) and now the screen type... RAM seems to have changed as well!!!

Hey Guys just curious, I wanted to know what'll happen if something goes wrong with the one key recovery and win 8
will the guys at lenovo do something about it or what..??

Ya , they should do it

@ All Y500 owners... How is the After Sales Service and Customer care response from lenovo... Please post your experience mentioning the place too.

Good @ Durgapur, but a bit lazy though, still acceptable

Now they changed the y510p to glossy display!!!

IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (US)

WTH!!! It seems they can't stand one week without changing the specs...:evil:
First the SLI, then the processor (4700MQ<-->4702MQ) and now the screen type... RAM seems to have changed as well!!!

wait for some more days and see the display change from full HD to HD....and then guess what we here in india are going to get....lol.....lets bee happy with whatever we have....and believe that this is the best that we could have got....

Top Bottom