The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys

I have a friend in USA, can I ask him to courier the lenovo y510p to India?
If I ask him to mark that as a gift? Will I still have to pay custom duty?

What's the procedure?
Pls guide.

Thanks

What Anupam said!!!
Also, I think the SLI model of y510p got discontinued... :evil:

H2O

Journeyman
I have decided to buy the Lenovo Y500 with 750m GFX Card and HD Display laptop from Flipkart. Cost is around 67.5 K but the have a 5% Discount. So, The price is around 64K. Initially I was planning to wait for a month before buying but with the Rupees rate falling down, its risky as the price of the new products would be more.

Also, I was checking Snap Deal. They have a new Lenovo Y500 costs 66K and it has 650m GFX Card with HD Display.

Aerrow

Journeyman
I have decided to buy the Lenovo Y500 with 750m GFX Card and HD Display laptop from Flipkart. Cost is around 67.5 K but the have a 5% Discount. So, The price is around 64K. Initially I was planning to wait for a month before buying but with the Rupees rate falling down, its risky as the price of the new products would be more.

Also, I was checking Snap Deal. They have a new Lenovo Y500 costs 66K and it has 650m GFX Card with HD Display.

I would take the latter if I were you.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
any idea when the Y510P is releasing in india?
the y500 with gt 750m is already available in india locally, but it would be quite stupid to not wait for the y510p considering it offers a better battery back of more than 2 hrs!

ekramcal

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I I just got my Y500. I just wanted to know from experienced members what are some of the first things I should do/upgrade drivers with it?

I had read somewhere that i should upgrade the BIOS. For a newbie, can someone explain what advantage that will bring and how should I go about doing it (no idea yet how to do it).

Any other suggestions/driver upgrades to improve the performance of the laptop.

Thanks all.

Regards

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Hi,

I I just got my Y500. I just wanted to know from experienced members what are some of the first things I should do/upgrade drivers with it?

I had read somewhere that i should upgrade the BIOS. For a newbie, can someone explain what advantage that will bring and how should I go about doing it (no idea yet how to do it).

Thanks all.

Regards

did you get the one with GT 650M or GT 750M ?
and what is the screen size and processor if you got the GT 750M?

Aerrow

Journeyman
What is a definitive method to check for trackpad issues on y500???

Is it like there is a definite date after which the issue is fixed? BIOS update or anything else that can fix it???

ekramcal

did you get the one with GT 650M or GT 750M ?
and what is the screen size and processor if you got the GT 750M?

Hi Akash, I got the GT 650M one with Full HD (1080p) screen, Ordered on FK. Luckily just in time. It now shows "permanently discontinued" on the FK site.

Regards

What is a definitive method to check for trackpad issues on y500???

Is it like there is a definite date after which the issue is fixed? BIOS update or anything else that can fix it???

If touchpad is Synaptics, then no problem

Hi,

Thanks all.

Regards

First, I would suggest taking backup with One key Recovery. It will come in handy when you have messed up your software(Win8).
Secondly, update the drivers, especially NVIDIA, as the newer updates have lot of performance improvement for games like Crysis 3

No need for BIOS update in Y500. I've never done it(using for past 4.5 months)

ekramcal

If touchpad is Synaptics, then no problem

First, I would suggest taking backup with One key Recovery. It will come in handy when you have messed up your software(Win8).
Secondly, update the drivers, especially NVIDIA, as the newer updates have lot of performance improvement for games like Crysis 3

No need for BIOS update in Y500. I've never done it(using for past 4.5 months)

Thanks Anupam

Top Bottom