The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

sanemate

Broken In
Any 650m SLI user here?

And my laptop has many fingerprints and smudges all over, best way to get them cleaned like new?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Its almost 9K more than what Flipkart was offering no?

Yeah, but I get the SLI config which, God willing, will last me atleast for another 3-4 years!!! :-D
P.S.: I mean, you can get it cheaper if you use borderlinx and other such sites... :)

Any 650m SLI user here?

And my laptop has many fingerprints and smudges all over, best way to get them cleaned like new?

You could just wipe them...
Or, use the Luxor Nano Clean or other similar agents... Would recommend the Luxor Nano Clean as that is what I have been using for the last couple of years... It does a damn good job and keeps the surface clean longer than with ordinary wiping... Costs only Rs. 100 too... :)
*www.ezoneonline.in/Products/Ezone-Computers-And-Laptops-Computer-Accessories-Care-And-Cleaning/Luxor/Luxor-Nano-Glass-Cleaner--protector/pid-1691013.aspx
Link is only for reference... Buy locally, it's available at most departmental stores!!! :)

sanemate

Broken In
Thanks! 73k. One can also buy it here for around 64k and then this for 15k. ( Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Removable Graphics GN36 + 170w ac adapter )

Just my 2 cents who maybe thinking of importing this way (paying customs and all).

You wont get 3630QM, but you will get 2 years Indian ADP, ultrabay DVD Drive, a smaller adapter extra. :p

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Thanks! 73k. One can also buy it here for around 64k and then this for 15k. ( Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Removable Graphics GN36 + 170w ac adapter )

Just my 2 cents who maybe thinking of importing this way (paying customs and all).

You wont get 3630QM, but you will get 2 years Indian ADP, ultrabay DVD Drive, a smaller adapter extra. :p

Yeah, that seems a good way to buy too...
Btw, I think it will cost around 20k with customs... :)

Good buy..... :)

Thanks but let the lappy arrive unscathed first!!! :)

H2O

Journeyman
Nice.

I was gonna buy the 650m model with Full HD but I didn't have the money ready with me. I am still around 10K odd short but I will arrange it within a couple of days. However, The 650m model with Full HD is out of stock in Flipkart now. :(

Thinking of waiting for few weeks now.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Nice.

I was gonna buy the 650m model with Full HD but I didn't have the money ready with me. I am still around 10K odd short but I will arrange it within a couple of days. However, The 650m model with Full HD is out of stock in Flipkart now. :(

Thinking of waiting for few weeks now.
Try finding the lappy locally!!! :)

sanemate

Broken In
Btw, I think it will cost around 20k with customs... :)

Oh, no no. This guy gives the value on the pack as 50$ and category as "gift". So that way customs is avoided. Kind of not so legal. Thats how I got it. 650m SLI has issues with some games, as I checked on many forums. Lets exchange games settings once you get your beast. Congrats for the purchase.

Now that I have seen this Full HD screen, I dont find it strange that people are willing to go for a lower graphics card with Full HD. I bought a new Z500 for a friend with HD, and I was like, man, this screen sucks bigtime! Glad that I got a FHD, not sad about the 750m launch anymore, it happened just 3 weeks after I bought my laptop :p Could have got from the US, but no more complains.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Oh, no no. This guy gives the value on the pack as 50$ and category as "gift". So that way customs is avoided. Kind of not so legal. Thats how I got it. 650m SLI has issues with some games, as I checked on many forums. Lets exchange games settings once you get your beast. Congrats for the purchase.

Now that I have seen this Full HD screen, I dont find it strange that people are willing to go for a lower graphics card with Full HD. I bought a new Z500 for a friend with HD, and I was like, man, this screen sucks bigtime! Glad that I got a FHD, not sad about the 750m launch anymore, it happened just 3 weeks after I bought my laptop :p Could have got from the US, but no more complains.
Okay, will do that... :)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
How is the Razer goliathus mousepad?
Which is better the control or speed edition for gaming and g400?
i personally prefer steelseries qck mass for my g400. this mousepad has won many awards. although if you must choose between speed and control i would choose speed.
speed has a smooth surface and your mouse just glides over it. control is kinda rough and its for slow movement and high dpi
trust me just take the steelseries qck mass. its perfect

Last edited:

tnny9

Broken In
Hey guys

I have a friend in USA, can I ask him to courier the lenovo y510p to India?
If I ask him to mark that as a gift? Will I still have to pay custom duty?

What's the procedure?
Pls guide.

Thanks

the manufacturing date of my laptop is may 2013.....do I need to download the synaptics touchpad update on the Lenovo website of November 2012???

the manufacturing date of my laptop is may 2013.....do I need to download the synaptics touchpad update on the Lenovo website of November 2012???

Check driver versions

Hey guys

I have a friend in USA, can I ask him to courier the lenovo y510p to India?
If I ask him to mark that as a gift? Will I still have to pay custom duty?

What's the procedure?
Pls guide.

Thanks

Laptop is a big thing, in terms of dimension & also weight.

A guy got ultrabay GPU as gift, which was relatively smaller & also weighs less. That's why I have a doubt that it will clear customs or not

Top Bottom