The HP Laptop Miracle : The Rebirth

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
One day i was playing Dota 2 and decided to use Radeon graphics (instead of Intel) and put processor limit to 100%. Normally, i used to play only on intel graphics and 70% proc limit.
But, just when the game started my dear dear laptop turned off. I tried to switch it on by pressing power button but to no use. I saw that not only its not turning on but the power indicator (when u put an adapter cable) is also not glowing. I was shocked. Is it dead?:shock::shock::shock:

Then i quickly removed the the back cover and started looking but did not found any thing. After 10 mins I again plugged in the cable and found that the power indicator light (where u insert the adapter) is glowing and blinking very faintly. The blinking rate started increasing and i thought it might gonna work. But, just after 10 secs i heard some noise from inside the laptop (like a static noise u get from a TV not getting a signal in olden day) :cry::cry: and then there it was - SOME BURNING ODOR from the area where processor and graphics cards are present:shock::shock::shock:. And, then i finally accepted that my 54k worth HP DV6-6121tx laptop is completely dead. I was also half dead:cry::cry:

Alas, but my warranty had just expired one month back. I went to HP service center on Saturday and told them to extend warranty but they said its not possible as its more than a month since expiry. Then i showed them that my laptop is not turning on. The guy checked and yup it was still dead. He told me he cannot open it in front of me as it will take 2hours to open it:razz::razz:. I dont know whom was he fooling. Then i asked him to send it for diagnosis which will cost me Rs 300. So, he opened back panel and took out my hard drive and gave it to me. Then I told him that i smelled a burning odor so chip might would have got fried. So, he tells me that HP service center wont do chip level repair. Even if a USB port is not working they will replace the entire motherboard which he told me is gonna cost me 13k :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:.

So, i refused to give them my laptop for repair their and decided i till take it some local repair shop. So, i started searching online for laptop repair centers in bangalore. I found one named HI-FLEX near my area. So, the next Saturday i took my laptop there. But, here is the funny thing when the guy there pressed the power button it TURNED ON AND EVEN IT WAS GETTING CHARGED:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D. Everything was working fine. no issue at all.

It was really a miracle but it remains a mystery that what was that sound and burning smell. But, MY LAPTOP GOT REPAIRED ITSELF AND I M SO HAPPY:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

So, guys any idea to what could had caused it and to make sure it never happens again.
Also tell me how can the warranty be extended. I dont want to take any risks now.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Err...good to know that it fixed itself somehow :p Electronic equipment do this sometimes,seen this myself on other equipments xD
Lucky you :p
But just in case, you should get the laptop checked for any problems that might be lurking in the shadows.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
when did you realize that you were dreaming? :lol:

nice luck ;)

LOL yes i was wondering too that either those weeks were a dream or currently my brain cant cope with my dead laptop and its making me believe that its working. :p

dsmarty

Journeyman
This reminded me of my school days with my Pentium 3 PC. It also used to fail often and when I switched it on the next day, it always worked. lol
May be Intel has got some self healing techniques. ;)

Top Bottom