The Greg Chappel effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

╬Switch╬

In the zone
India are happier without Greg

*www.espnstar.com/cricket/internati...il/item139847/India-are-happier-without-Greg/

best of luck Australia :D

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Read somewhere in an experts column that Chappel is very good BATTING ADVISOR, but not good coach. Because his player management skills is too bad.

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
i didn't really have an opinion of him until i watched a documentary about him and indian cricket on discovery, namely "Guru Greg", i believe like everything else in india, cricket is nothing but plain bs.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Australia started struggling since those chain retirements and they really do miss John Buchanan.

Greg Chappell has nothing to do with this. He just helps batsmen to get used to Indian pitches.

And btw, don't draw too much from the Mohali test match. Yes, the team was in disarray. But many times they bounced back.

Remember, before the 2007 World cup New Zealand won home ODI series with Australia 3-0 (a whitewash). Then everyone thought that Australia has become weak but in the world cup, they were unbeaten.

Australia will lose Border-Gavaskar trophy this time and that is for sure. India won last 7 test matches played in Delhi. But they will bounce back after the India tour and will be back into their winning ways.

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Remember, before the 2007 World cup New Zealand won home ODI series with Australia 3-0 (a whitewash). Then everyone thought that Australia has become weak but in the world cup, they were unbeaten.

They lost mainly because there was no Ponting, and Hussey was leading the side and also some other players were missing, whose name I cant remember.
And all of them played in the WC.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Australia will lose Border-Gavaskar trophy this time and that is for sure. India won last 7 test matches played in Delhi. But they will bounce back after the India tour and will be back into their winning ways.

NO, now they won't be the same team that they were before retirement of Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist and Langer.
NO team can stay at the peak always, earlier it was West Indies, then Austraila and now other team will be wearing the crown. When players like Mcgrath and Warne were there, people though they had great bench strength, but the situation in which Aussies are now tells the real story. They will have to wait for a fairly long time to get a quality spinner without which they can't win in Indian Subcontinent. Their pacers have also lost the bleeding edge that they once had.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
They lost mainly because there was no Ponting, and Hussey was leading the side and also some other players were missing, whose name I cant remember.
And all of them played in the WC.

Now, they don't have Symonds, Stuart Clar, Brett Lee is under teremendous mental pressure after the divorce

It's Deja Vu.

Remember how much Stuart Clark troubled Indian batsman in Bangalore??

Yes, oz will lose this series badly but they will bounce back and poor England, they are going to face the oz outlash :)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^If we look at their batting line up, Symonds is missing but Ponting, Hussey, Hayden , Clarke and Katich are there. But still they were back in the pavillion when the score was just 58 in the last innings. Can the absence of just one player make so much difference?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
What would have happened if Brett Lee and Stuart Clark bowled with their full fire.

Would've become a real tight test match. The main difference between the two sides was bowling. Our bowling was superb and their was pathetic mainly due to personal issues and injuries.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Had they bowled well, India would then have scored 300 all out it both innings, still Aussies would have ended as the bowling side. If five renowned batsman couldn't make the difference, it would be unfair to expect so much from 2 bowlers only.

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
^^I don't think Symonds will make much difference.
Cause even if they had him in the last test, he wouldn't have been able to fill the 320 runs deficit.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^But I don't think so.
Watson who was included in the team in place of Symonds performed better than others, but still couldn't make the difference. The same must have been the case with Symonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom