The Great Switch: Vista to Ubuntu (100%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I had enough with eating crap with Vista. My last line of patience warned off when I happened to wait about 5 seconds when changing from one MS Doc file to another and also happened that I was running with time to finish a project report. No, I’m not running on 256 ram, it’s 1 GB and this kind of a time wastage is totally unacceptable. You may ask why I put up with Vista in the first place. That’s thanks to HP’s decision to embrace Vista so my laptop was pre-built with Vista and no chance to downgrade because there are no drivers. So where to go now ? Easy….Gutsy.
Read the Blog

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
I am not advertising my thread but I would like everybody to check this video : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76029

Check how good is Vista (exciting new operating system :D )

wait a sec... doesn't HP provide Linux drivers for all their stuff? HP printing in included by default in Ubuntu... I guess they are choosing to support Vista and Linux. This way, nobody will be able to Use XP, clearly THE OS for the average zero computer IQ person.

Guess even HP is turning Geeky.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Yeah, HP is providing linux drivers for many of their product these days, which is a good thing... However, I do have a slightly outdated Laserjet 1000model that was not supported (at least officially) by HP for linux... Not yet had a chance to look for other sources to make it work... In Vista, the XP driver installed, caused the system to crash at the end of the installation, but worked after restart... No idea why...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom