The Government gives Flipkart and Amazon the finger

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The worst part is the common man is oblivious about the impact of this.. They think, that this aggressive push against amazon and helping local vendors is in everyone's best interest..
Just read Times Of India website comments, people are blind with deshbhakti there.. toxic cesspool..
There is a reason amazon/FK replaced local brick store, its convenience + good customer service, not necessarily good prices..
Same reason why local auto wallahs + cab drivers went kaput after uber / ola emerged.. The government is still living in 90s, its damn sad. Local vendors will do price gouging, rude behaviour, straight up GST scam, still the common institutionalized man will say.. such bjp gud, much promote local vendors, so wow...
Despite the countless scams amazon has faced by pathetic losers who order stuff and say it wasnt delivered, they were still trying to capture the market place and still have good customer service + return policy (appario and cloudtail), damn gobermint ruined everything..

OP
mobo

mobo

Broken In
OK so something has changed. Cloudtail and Appario are back in action, although it seems that Appario is selling a subset of its previous inventory.
Vyom's Drilling machine is at 3.5k by Cloudtail, but a couple of other products that I have had my eye on are back at their regular Cloudtail prices.

The worst part is the common man is oblivious about the impact of this.. They think, that this aggressive push against amazon and helping local vendors is in everyone's best interest..
Just read Times Of India website comments, people are blind with deshbhakti there.. toxic cesspool..
There is a reason amazon/FK replaced local brick store, its convenience + good customer service, not necessarily good prices..
Same reason why local auto wallahs + cab drivers went kaput after uber / ola emerged.. The government is still living in 90s, its damn sad. Local vendors will do price gouging, rude behaviour, straight up GST scam, still the common institutionalized man will say.. such bjp gud, much promote local vendors, so wow...
Despite the countless scams amazon has faced by pathetic losers who order stuff and say it wasnt delivered, they were still trying to capture the market place and still have good customer service + return policy (appario and cloudtail), damn gobermint ruined everything..

This is so true. There are some brick-and-mortar stores that I swear by, and it's all because of their service. We all pay more for Cloudtail don't we, even if a seller-fulfilled price is cheaper.
There is not a single shop that I like buying from that seems much affected by the online-marketplace. The union-forming people are just being lazy when it comes to running a business.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
OK so something has changed. Cloudtail and Appario are back in action, although it seems that Appario is selling a subset of its previous inventory.
Vyom's Drilling machine is at 3.5k by Cloudtail, but a couple of other products that I have had my eye on are back at their regular Cloudtail prices.
Thank goodness for that, or I would have been really pissed. :p
So Cloudtail is back! Maybe now registered as a non Amazon seller. Good work so far Amazon!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cloudtail is joint venture of amazon with narayana krishnamurthi(infosys founder) & Appario Retail is JV of amazon with patni group.All amazon need to do is sell their stake to them so that they become 100% owners & these new rules won't apply to them.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Cloudtail is joint venture of amazon with narayana krishnamurthi(infosys founder) & Appario Retail is JV of amazon with patni group.All amazon need to do is sell their stake to them so that they become 100% owners & these new rules won't apply to them.
Amazon: Key Amazon seller Cloudtail returns in a new avatar

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Its scary to think how big corporations can find a way to push their company ahead, which while currently we are getting benefited from, it's us only who will cry foul if it's used against us. :D

quicky008

Technomancer
products from appario retail have already started appearing on amazon-if only they could find a way to offer their amazon basics line of products once again,it would have been really good.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Its scary to think how big corporations can find a way to push their company ahead, which while currently we are getting benefited from, it's us only who will cry foul if it's used against us. :D
Money talks Brother in one way or the other.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
products from appario retail have already started appearing on amazon-if only they could find a way to offer their amazon basics line of products once again,it would have been really good.
They will find a way for that too,may be rename the brand & again give controlling stake to Cloudtail/appario/some new company with Indian board.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
They will find a way for that too,may be rename the brand & again give controlling stake to Cloudtail/appario/some new company with Indian board.
No need of renaming. I can sell whitestar brand of laptops well that's if you don't sue me. Just a matter of time and all products will be back, discount might take a hit though.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No need of renaming. I can sell whitestar brand of laptops well that's if you don't sue me. Just a matter of time and all products will be back, discount might take a hit though.
Well amazon is one of the world's biggest brand & they can't have "amazon basic" selling on amazon India site under a company which they do not control(kind of like virat kohli wearing team India logo but playing under XYZ inc management of some foreign country).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Well amazon is one of the world's biggest brand & they can't have "amazon basic" selling on amazon India site under a company which they do not control(kind of like virat kohli wearing team India logo but playing under XYZ inc management of some foreign country).
Maybe, maybe not. Let's see. I hope the discounts are not decreased.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Most of the listings are back, discounts not the same as before but still the difference can be ignored. Waiting for Amazon Basics.
Dear vote hungry government,
F you.

Top Bottom