• Jenson Button

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

red_devil

Back!
^ lol yeah..but its only a matter of time before they get back to their winning ways :)

btw, Sutil blew up Force India's chance of overtaking Ferrari on the number of points :D

red_devil

Back!
McLaren given suspended race ban

McLaren have been given a suspended three-race ban for misleading stewards at the Australian Grand Prix by motor sport's governing body, the FIA.

The British team admitted five charges of breaching Formula 1 rules at a special inquiry on Wednesday in Paris.

The penalty will only be enforced upon Lewis Hamilton's team if "further facts emerge" about this incident or if there is a "further breach" of the rules.

McLaren described the World Motor Sport Council hearing as "very fair".

The FIA said the approach of McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh in dealing with the incident once the full details had emerged, helped in earning them a suspension to the penalty they have received.

"Having regard to the open and honest way in which McLaren team principal, Mr Martin Whitmarsh, addressed the WMSC and the change in culture which he made clear has taken place in his organisation, the WMSC decided to suspend the application of the penalty it deems appropriate," read a World Motor Sport Council statement.

This will only be applied if further facts emerge regarding the case or if, in the next 12 months, there is a further breach by the team of article 151 c of the International Sporting Code."

Speaking after the hearing, FIA president Max Mosley said the WMSC's decision was "entirely fair."

He added: "McLaren have demonstrated there is a complete culture change, that it's all different to what it was.

"In those circumstances it looks better to put the whole thing behind us, so unless there is something similar in the future, that is the end of the matter."

F1 commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone told BBC Sport that he felt McLaren may have escaped a harsher punishment.

"It was good. Fair and honest and straightforward verdict. I thought Martin was happy with that. They knew they did something wrong so they got a slap."

When asked if they got off lightly, he added: "Probably, yes."

The incident occurred towards the end of the season-opening race in Melbourne where world champion Hamilton finished fourth behind Jarno Trulli's Toyota.

Following the race, McLaren accused the Italian of breaking F1 rules by overtaking while the field was under the control of the safety car.

more.............

hmmm...

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I uploaded this video for you guys..Check out, *www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLXz71Wu1QI

Curious Case Of Jenson Button.. he is rising and rising,
from last to first in no time. Things can change so fast for some lucky people. also check out the fantastic Song... Tell me which one is it? I cant recognise it..

Rise and Rise of Jenson Button (youtube link)
rate the video.. to 5stars

Regards

Rahim

Married!
This season is so boring without Ferrari................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. I have now started watching MotoGP instead.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
This season is so boring without Ferrari................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. I have now started watching MotoGP instead.
Are you kidding?? IMO this season is damn interesting! In the previous years, the Ferraris and the Mclarens used to dominate, with the Renos challenging them occasionally. But this season, the gap between the teams has reduced. Just watch the qualifying sessions. The top 10 are usually separated by just a few milliseconds.

My friend, learn to see a colour other than red :p:D

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ ya I completely agree.. it has become more interesting...

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel has amazing speed, he is such a nice fellow.. enjoys his time in f1. BrawnF1 has surprised every1 .. earlier i was said on ferrari .. but i seems to enjoying it now. jenson Button paitence at Hondaf1 finally paidoff.. beleive it or not.. he is driving good. its sad that in all in all its comes to the car.. if u have the car u win.. massa, kimi, leviws, fat ass fernando alonso all are siting ducks in the season so far..

Do you guys like the video? Please tell me the song! :lol:

what happened this weekend?? completely missed it.
dude.. you missed a lot.. this race weekend was action packed. Jenson Won, Rubens was quick I think he should have won, brawngp did worng there, Redbull is amazingly quick. I saw ferrari and mclaren enj. talking to each other thats a rare.. and one thing is same ForceIndia is as usual backlogger
but noworries.. I always miss out on StarSports because I hate their coverage .. they dont show the preview and testing sessions. Also that steave slater is very old now.. he is very bad a commentator..I have stopped watching Startsports now. I enjoy the BBC UK recording now. they are much better. way better. You should try that too..

Kenu

Broken In
^ thanx ... the video is very good. what which song is it? anyone?

.. and What a race man... what a race...

Rubens crosses Button before first corner, felipe cross vettel out of nowhere.. wow..
but then usual 1st corner crash of the middle grid.. trulli goes-off in his tyota but what the hell force india was doing there.. he comes and crash into jarno ?? why?
then toro rosos gone. .. kimi was unlucky again... but he really needs a think over.. he doent behave like a champ.. he doesnt love to be part of f1 he just does it.. and goes home..
gr8 part was buttun pass hamilton who was a lap down.. cool
i really felt pitty for rubens he couldnt win bcoz brawn change strategy,,
and ferrari ****ed up big time .. they didnt put enough fuel for massa.. bad.. too :-| bad..

and Mark saying the F-word on Live TV.. PRICELESS :D

Ferrari
Felipe Massa (6th)
:
"It's a real shame to have lost two places in the final stages, even if we've finally made it to the scoreboard. We knew we couldn't match the pace of the Brawns but we had managed to get ahead of the Red Bulls and, but for the fuel problem, I could have certainly stayed ahead of Vettel and Alonso. The final part of the race was a pain. I was already struggling on the harder tyres and then I had to try and save fuel as much as possible, while at the same time staying ahead of Vettel. Then the team told that if I wanted to make it to the finish, I would have to let Vettel by and slow down a lot: if I had made another pit stop I would have finished out of the points. Today, the car's pace on the softer tyre was reasonably good, even if we're still lacking a few tenths, but at least we are back to fighting for the top places."

News:
BARCELONA, Spain — Rubens Barrichello made it clear to Brawn GP on Sunday that he will not willingly play second fiddle to teammate Jenson Button, after a strategy change at the Spanish Grand Prix may have cost him victory in favour of the championship leader.

Button was quick to point out that he believed Barrichello had the better strategy.
"Our strategy said that a three-stop was quicker - full stop," Button underlined. "I don't ever want to go down that avenue."
Barrichello was puzzled why the team made the decision.
"I had the race in my hands and I was quite surprised when they told me they were switching Jenson to two (stops)," Barrichello said. "I would like to understand why they changed that."
Barrichello started well but then said he could barely keep the car on the Circuit de Catalunya track over the last stint as Button pulled away for a 13-second win.
"My third set of tires was not good ... I couldn't keep my pace up. From there on it was a struggle, a big struggle to keep the car on the track," said Barrichello, whose last race win came at the Chinese GP in 2004. "The race was finished and that's the way it went. There's no way I'm going to sit here crying over this or that."

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
wow... :D awesome..

man he will be good for sure. he car drive the car upside down.

as for wining the race its difficult bcoz the car is as per Massa specifications.. and if the car doesnt suit a driver style.. it makes at 1/10of a second per lap.. and thats huge..
so it all depends if schumi can train himself back in 3weeks 9mind you f1 drivers are fittest) and then ferrari can give him a wining car.. bcoz they havnt won a single race in this season.. so if Michael gets on podium its huge for the fans..

He is god.. i love him... :p

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^IMO, there is lot of difference between a test driver and race driver. But they should've considered Ralf Schumacher who has lot of experience. I seriously want MS to play a more behind-the-screens role than to jump into cockpit at this time.

but who knows, he can once again turn this car into a uncatchable car.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. Ralf. He just ended up in wrong car for most of his career. He is a talented driver (nowhere near to MS though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom