:: The Formula 1 - 2008 Season Thread ::

Who will win the 2008 Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
YAY ! Kimi won !! but that stupid Massa spoiled the Ferrari Party a lil :mad:

anyways, i have a small doubt regarding the points system..

in the last race, kimi did not finish but he still got a point 'coz Barrichello was disqualified...but what i fail to understand is why/how was he awarded a point despite him not even finishing the race ??? :confused:
As per the rules of the FiA, drivers who drop out at the end of the race within a certain no of laps (..not sure how many..probably 3..) are qualified as finishers.

Dipen01

Youngling
And deduct the time he wasted fighting slower cars. His pace was upto the mark when he got clear run. It's an outside chance but who knows. He would have got the 3rd surely if not for the mishap.

I knew u were gonna say that...:p

Well because of mishap he was stuck behind webber... had it not happened he would have stuck behind Trulli ;)

Hamilton is not used to chasing cars...

Out of 19 starts.. Only 2 times he has qualified outside of 4th place .. Once in Europe last yr where he qualified 10th and came 9th in the race..

And today's was the 2nd time when he qualified 9th and came 5th...

Also All his wins are scored only when he was on Pole..

So may be he is good at leading and not chasing cars ;)

As per the rules of the FiA, drivers who drop out at the end of the race within a certain no of laps (..not sure how many..probably 3..) are qualified as finishers.

I guess its 10% of the laps...

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Agreed, Only few drivers like Kimi, Alonso are good at overtaking cars. These guys have to potential to finish on podium even if they start at 22nd place.

Hamilton, not at all. He always gets stuck behind when he doesn't get pole position. Even yesterday, he jumped from 9th to 5th at the 2nd corner because of Jarno-Nick collision that slowed them down.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
F1 Champions when they were kids (except Ralf:p)

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/f1_champs.jpg*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/f1_champs_(4).jpg*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/f1_champs_(5).jpg
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/f1_champs_(3).jpg*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/f1_champs_(2).jpg

Celebrity pictures when they were kids or teens
*www.stumbleupon.com/tag/humor/

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
NEWS

Jordan blocks Force India access road:))
Former Formula One team owner Eddie Jordan has had the main entry road to Force India's Silverstone factory blocked off in a dispute over access across land he owns.

The Irish entrepreneur sold the team that is now Force India to Midland before the 2006 season but kept ownership of some of the surrounding land.

Local sources said concrete blocks had been placed across the main access while Force India were in Malaysia for last weekend's second race of the season and employees were having to use another entrance.

Jordan told Reuters on Wednesday that he had waited for two years for the factory owners to open talks about buying the rest of the land.

"I had to make a stand, they have to come and talk to me," he said. "I paid for the road and put it on my land."

"I've got no problem with (Indian billionaire and Force India co-owner Vijay) Mallya," he added. "It's the people who are managing the business who don't want to talk."

Schumacher to help distribute McLaren fine

Massa says new rules make Q3 boring

Dennis: McLaren have rebuilt Kovalainen

Ferrari not concerned by Massa's form

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
NEWS

Jordan blocks Force India access road:))

Schumacher to help distribute McLaren fine

Massa says new rules make Q3 boring

Dennis: McLaren have rebuilt Kovalainen

Ferrari not concerned by Massa's form

Looks like Eddie is financially week now and hence trying to sell ROAD

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
@s18, How is the mod? I got F12007 last week and been playing it. Everything is nice about the game, from graphics to gameplay, especially the car detail. Sakhir circuit is cool, will soon post a flyby for the upcoming race in 10 days.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
gtr2 f1 mod is a "ok" mod:(, as its not official (stolen works), the helmets are screwed-up.
AI are too much, Force India in podium :shock: :))

rFactor's f12008 ('07 too) is the best one.
--------------------------------------------------

Bridgestone eyeing slick warm-up cure

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
gtr2 f1 mod is a "ok" mod:(, as its not official (stolen works), the helmets are screwed-up.
AI are too much, Force India in podium :shock: :))

rFactor's f12008 ('07 too) is the best one.
--------------------------------------------------

Bridgestone eyeing slick warm-up cure

Can you give me the download link for rfactor's F1 2007 and F1 2008 GTR2 patches. Can't download torrent's :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
FIA to tweak qualifying for Bahrain

The FIA is to revise the rules for qualifying in time for the Bahrain Grand Prix in a bid to ensure there is no repeat of the controversy that marred the session in Malaysia, autosport.com has learned.

In Sepang, a quirk in the current regulations meant that several drivers were touring slowly back to the pits in a bid to conserve fuel while other drivers were on their final qualifying laps.

This led to dangerous scenes when Nick Heidfeld and Fernando Alonso had to weave their way past much slower cars, and resulted in Heikki Kovalainen and Lewis Hamilton being penalized for blocking their rivals.

With that scenario having prompted widespread calls for the qualifying rules to change, the FIA is to issue an imminent clarification to the teams imposing a maximum laptime for drivers in qualifying.

This will prevent drivers from going too slowly after they have finished their qualifying runs.

It is similar to the rule that is in place for drivers on their reconnaissance laps to the grid - which was prompted by fears of collisions between cars going slowly to conserve fuel and those going fast to evaluate their set-up.

An FIA spokesman confirmed that teams will be notified of the decision to impose a maximum time limit, which is likely to be 120 percent of a normal lap.

"The matter is under discussion and our clarification to the teams and drivers will be that cars returning to the pits having completed their flying lap or laps will be required to do so within a time that we will set," the spokesman told autosport.com.

"This could be approximately 120% of the 'normal' time as we do to prevent drivers going very slowly to the grid to save fuel."

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Lewis to get dream car – if he wins title.
Lewis Hamilton has been promised the car he used to dream about when he was still a young teenager, but there is just one catch – first he must win the 2008 Formula 1 World Championship.

According to British newspaper The Sun, McLaren-Mercedes team principal Ron Dennis has promised to award the Stevenage-born ace with one of McLaren Automotive's most prized possessions – one of only five McLaren F1 LM editions, the world's rarest supercar and each valued at over $2 million. All he has to do now is lead the Woking-based outfit to both the drivers; and constructors' laurels this year.

“If Lewis can win the two titles, the car is his,” Dennis joked. “Fortunately, our deal gives me a bit of time to save up!”

All five commemorative road-going editions were painted in Bruce McLaren's trademark papaya orange racing colour, and feature a stripped-out interior, shorter gearing and enhanced aerodynamic and handling set-ups.

What's more, the car boasts a staggering 680bhp from its BMW-derived V12 powerplant, enabling it to hit 60mph in a shade under three seconds and go on to a top speed of 225mph.
*img248.imageshack.us/img248/8467/f1lmlt4.jpg

*www.f1newsportal.com/fullstory/view/251168/Lewis_to_get_dream_car___if_he_wins_title/

damn, McLaren are so desparate.

btw Mr. Ron always said there's no #1 or #2 drivers in theer team, then WTF is this. Why isnt Heikki being mentioned for a Car?????

:p

FERRARI COULD BE AN OPTION FOR ALONSO
Former world champion Fernando Alonso has admitted that he can leave Renault at the end of the season - with rivals Ferrari a possible destination.

Alonso rejoined his former team Renault during the winter after a torrid season alongside Lewis Hamilton at McLaren, but has struggled with an uncompetitive car in the first two races of this season.

Now the Spaniard, who won back-to-back world championships with Renault in 2005 and 2006, says that if the car remains as it is he will have to look elsewhere, with Ferrari the obvious destination.

"I'm at Renault because we won in 2005 and 2006 and I want to get back to that, if not this year then next year," he told Spanish newspaper AS.

"But as I have a clause that allows me to leave I will try to be in the best car possible, and it's clear that Ferrari is one of the best."

Rumours were rife at the end of last season that the Italian team was his preferred destination, but with current world champion Kimi Raikkonen and second driver Felipe Massa under contract until the end of 2010, his path to the 'Scuderia' was blocked.

But now he admits Massa's under-par performances so far this season, which have seen him retire from both races, plus the fact that Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has made no secret of his admiration for Alonso, has meant speculation linking him to the Italian team has resurfaced.

"It's early to talk about moves and rumours, but Massa has had two bad races with mistakes and that has sparked speculation," Alonso said.

"It's logical, but like I said it's too early."

With regard to this season, the 26-year-old has little hope of mounting any kind of championship challenge with Renault after just two races, and has told his fans not to expect anything.

"Take a sabbatical, or enjoy the season for the spectacle of Formula One and not for my chances of success," he said.

He added sarcastically: "The first place (in the world championship) has got 14 points, and after two more or less average races I've picked up six.

"Plus I'm only five points off Raikkonen."
*www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=formula1/08/03/25/AUTO_Alonso.html

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
OMG ROFL
F1 boss Max Mosley has sick Nazi orgy with 5 hookers

FORMULA One motor racing chief Max Mosley is today exposed as a secret sado-masochist sex pervert.
*img528.imageshack.us/img528/4599/3003orgy01bo8.th.jpg
Formula One's governing body, the FIA, has kept its distance from sexual allegations in a British tabloid newspaper about its president Max Mosley.

The News of the World reported in a front page story that FIA president Mosley, 67, had taken part in a 'sadomasochistic orgy' with five prostitutes that was alleged to involve Nazi role-playing.

A video was also posted on the newspaper's website (notw.co.uk).

The news prompted an angry response from Jewish organisations, who called for Mosley's resignation.

Karen Pollock, chief executive of the Holocaust Educational Trust, told The Times: "This is sick and depraved. For anyone to be in such a position of influence and power beggars belief. I am absolutely appalled."

Stephen Smith, director of the Holocaust Centre, added: "As Mr Mosley has condemned the racism in motor sport he should live up to the standards he sets. This is an insult to millions of victims, survivors and their families. He should apologise. He should resign from the sport." .......for more <goto link>

*www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/3003_nazi_orgy.shtml

No comment from FIA over Mosley scandal

*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/c0/rotlaugh.gif*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/c0/laugh.gif*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/laugh.gif

*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/tease.gif

thanks to Arsenal Gunner.

notw.co.uk <- LOOL Noob of the week*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/tongue.gif

GTFO MOsley.

WoW, Todt can be the next FIA president*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/a0/peace.gif

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^Ron is still a team boss, he cant become the pres.

whereas Todt is retired, & is one of ... Board of Directors @ Ferrari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom