:: The Formula 1 - 2008 Season Thread ::

Who will win the 2008 Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
off-topic
f1 2008 v1.1 for gtr2 *files.filefront.com/F12008Modv11GTR2rar/;9924910;/fileinfo.html

on-topic
FIA is not only about F1, all kinds of motorsport come under it, so its not about Ferrari or McLaren here. ;)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^a practice run:p (actually there's no practice session, its Quali -> Race).
its kind of difficult now:oops:, the car spins out in 5th turn in Sepang, needs some setting up.
*img404.imageshack.us/img404/3293/grab021lz2.th.jpg*img291.imageshack.us/img291/4619/grab022nw4.th.jpg*img388.imageshack.us/img388/9613/grab023el0.th.jpg*img511.imageshack.us/img511/6185/grab025yx8.th.jpg
*img135.imageshack.us/img135/4269/grab028by3.th.jpg*img135.imageshack.us/img135/6532/grab027ul7.th.jpg*img201.imageshack.us/img201/1976/grab024xz7.th.jpg*img511.imageshack.us/img511/6323/grab026gj8.th.jpg

------------------------------------------

:|:|:|:|

Mosley apologises and vows to stay
Max Mosley has apologised to members of the FIA for any embarrassment caused by the recent revelations about his private life, but made it clear he remains fully committed to his role as president of motor racing's governing body.

In a letter sent on Tuesday to all presidents of the national FIA clubs, all members of the FIA Senate, the World Motor Sport Council and the World Council for Mobility and the Automobile, Mosley blames the allegations about his sexual conduct on a 'covert' operation to discredit him.

"Regrettably you are now familiar with the results of this covert investigation and I am very sorry if this has embarrassed you or the club. Not content with publicising highly personal and private activities, which are, to say the least, embarrassing, a British tabloid newspaper published the story with the claim that there was some sort of Nazi connotation to the matter. This is entirely false.

"It is against the law in most countries to publish details of a person's private life without good reason. The publications by The News of the World are a wholly unwarranted invasion of my privacy and I intend to issue legal proceedings against the Newspaper in the UK and other jurisdictions."

Although there have been calls by some for Mosley to resign in the wake of the scandal, in the letter he claims that he has received support from a number of parties who wish him to stand firm in light of the controversy.

"I have received a very large number of messages of sympathy and support from those within the FIA and the motor sport and motoring communities generally, suggesting that my private life is not relevant to my work and that I should continue in my role," wrote Mosley. "I am grateful and with your support I intend to follow this advice.

"I shall now devote some time to those responsible for putting this into the public domain but above all I need to repair the damage to my immediate family who are the innocent and unsuspecting victims of this deliberate and calculated personal attack.

"You can, however be certain that I will not allow any of this to impede my commitment to the work of the FIA."
Although Mosley is scheduled to attend this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix, it is looking increasingly likely that he will choose to skip the event.

Although the news of Mosley's antics has generated a lot of coverage and reaction in the media, so far Formula One teams and manufacturers have remained silent over the matter.

BULLSH1T! :|

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
BMW, Mercedes slam Mosley's behaviour

German car manufacturers BMW and Mercedes-Benz have issued a statement labeling FIA president Max Mosley's behaviour as 'disgraceful'.

In the first public comment made by Formula One competitors since details of Mosley's private life were revealed in the News of the World, the car makers say that they distance themselves from what has happened.

And they make it clear that the implications for the revelations go far beyond just F1.

A joint statement issued by them said: "The content of the publications is disgraceful. As a company, we strongly distance ourselves from it.

"This incident concerns Max Mosley both personally and as President of the FIA, the global umbrella organisation for motoring clubs. Its consequences therefore extend far beyond the motor sport industry. We await a response from the relevant FIA bodies."

Mosley wrote a letter to the FIA earlier this week apologising for any embarrassment caused by the News of the World story, but emphasising that he intends to carry on in his role with motor racing's governing body.

In the wake of the story, however, Mosley has cancelled a planned visit to this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix. This morning's Times newspaper revealed that the Bahraini royal family had written to Mosley making it clear that they did not wish him to turn up.
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66291

Mosley responds to BMW, Mercedes
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66297

FIA president Max Mosley claims BMW and Mercedes-Benz should have contacted him before issuing their joint statement criticising his behaviour.

The German car manufacturers labelled the allegations about Mosley's private life in the News of the World as 'disgraceful', as F1's competitors ended their silence over the controversy of Thursday.

But Mosley said he was not surprised by BMW and Mercedes-Benz's statement, but suggested that they were criticising him for something which may not be true.

Speaking to Reuters, Mosley said: "Given the history of BMW and Mercedes Benz, particularly before and during the Second World War, I fully understand why they would wish to strongly distance themselves from what they rightly describe as the disgraceful content of these publications.

"Unfortunately, they did not contact me before putting out their statement to ask whether the content was in fact true.

"No doubt the FIA will respond to them in due course as I am about to respond to the newspaper in question."

Mosley has indicated that he is preparing legal action against the News of the World for invasion of privacy over the report in last Sunday's newspaper.
:|
Mosley gone retard?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toyota also criticises Mosley's actions

Honda asks FIA to consider Mosley's role

Bahrain Prince asked Mosley not to attend
Sheikh Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, the Crown Prince of Bahrain, says it would be inappropriate for FIA president Max Mosley to attend this weekend's race following revelations about him in a tabloid newspaper.

The FIA head was originally scheduled to attend the race, but a spokesman said on Thursday he would not travel to Bahrain as he was busy with legal matters.

"The FIA President was originally scheduled to attend the race in Bahrain but legal matters have detained him in London," he said.

The Times newspaper, however, reports that the Crown Price of Bahrain had asked Mosley not to attend the event in order to keep the focus on the grand prix.

It it unknown if the letter had been sent before or after the FIA confirmed Mosley would not travel to Bahrain.

"In light of the allegations, I suspect you may be deliberating on your planned attendance at the Grand Prix here in Bahrain later in the week," The Times quoted the Crown Prince as writing in a letter to Mosley.

"I therefore felt it important to convey the position of Bahrain and its people.

"Clearly of paramount importance is the success of the event for all concerned — the Kingdom of Bahrain, Formula One and spectators. The focus quite rightly should be on the race.

"With great regret, I feel that under the current circumstances, it would be inappropriate for you to be in Bahrain at this time."

*www.autosport.com/news/

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
THE BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Practice 1 Fri 12:30-14:00

Practice 2 Fri 16:30-18:00

Practice 3 Sat 13:30-14:30

Qualifying Sat 16:30-17:30

The Race Sun 17:00-19:00

Times are in IST:))

Dipen01

Youngling
^^
There was another F1 game, i just dont remember the name..

Which other games have played that are in lines with F1 and which was the best one ?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
EA's F1 Challenge ('99-'02) [F1C], F1 2002.
Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 (GP4)

havent played GP4, but F1-C still tops.

get rFactor & F1 2007/08 mod for it, as it has all the lastest cars, tracks & regularly updated mods

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Mosley calls extraordinary FIA meeting

-------------------------------

Thursday's press conference - Bahrain

Q. A question for every driver: do you have any opinion about Max Mosley's party last week and about the discussions since?

Nick Heidfeld: Nothing I want to share with you.

Lewis Hamilton: Same.

Jarno Trulli: No, no comment.

Nico Rosberg: Nothing.
:p

Q. (Ed Gorman - The Times) Could I also ask all four drivers: Honda today said that 'it is necessary that senior figures in sport and business maintain the highest standards of conduct in order to fulfil their duties with integrity and respect.' Could each driver please tell me whether they agree with that statement and whether they feel that Max Mosley is upholding those standards by remaining in his position as president of the FIA?

JT: I drive a car, so all I can say is about my car and my team, nothing else.

NR: I think, in general, yes, if you're a figure like us who are racing drivers or something, you've got to try and set a good example in general, because a lot of people are watching you and also looking up to what you do and things like that.

I think it's important to also think about other people and young people or whatever. I'm just talking about my situation, young drivers coming up or whatever and I think it's important to try and set a good example for people who are coming up.

LH: Yeah, I think that's key, to set a good example. We all, especially the young people, we're always looking up to at least someone to show us the way and set a good example is the best way of saying it. I totally agree with what they were saying.

NH: Again, I don't want to comment on the subject.

Dipen01

Youngling
Oh yeah i played rFactor couple of months back..

It was damn difficult to race in it.. So after a while i got bored and deleted it :|

I had F1C too :p Let see might try it again..;)

Dipen01

Youngling
‘On the limit of rules, on the limit of driving’

Former F1 champ Michael Schumacher Says He Made Mistakes & Learnt From Them

Ruhi Batra | TNN

*img87.imageshack.us/img87/1388/getimageyv7.jpg
Schumacher in Brussels on Wednesday for a campaign against drunk driving

Brussels: For those who threw the words ruthless and manipulative at Michael Schumacher, the man has a simple answer. “I was there to win. That’s what the sport was about.”

Sure there are things he regrets. Sure there are things the seven-time world champions would’ve done differently. But he had a purpose. His job was to win and he did. Unapologetically.

“Ruthless? I don’t think so. Yes I was there to win. Everybody puts in a lot of effort. There is a lot of investment. There was a lot of personal investment. There were rules that you were allowed to act into. Most of the times, I was exactly within the rules. I was on the limit of the rules but at the same time I was on the limit of driving. Some people may agree and some may not,” he says with consummate ease.

In a career that spanned 16 years and seven world titles, there were times and occasions when his sporting ethics were called into question. Schumacher, however, drove on, his sense of purpose and destiny unmatched by any man in the sport’s history.

Now, retired and probably having time to reflect on things other than lap times, Schumacher knows he pushed the limits a few times but he won’t give you the impression that he regrets doing anything. “Certain things I would do differently. Absolutely yes. I was in Formula One for 16 years and it would be pretentious to say that I never made mistakes. That’s what life is about. To make them and learn from them,” he says, his face never betraying a single inner thought.

A career that spanned 250 races, there’s one that will always occupy a special place in the regenmeister’s heart. “Suzuka 2000,” he answers, without hesitation. “It was a big milestone for the team and personal career. In light of the things that had developed just beforehand, it was a very important moment for all of us.”

Schumacher spent his career seeing off one challenge after another. Pretenders came and went. But now Schumacher has taken on a task that isn’t as easy overtaking a car that’s in your way.

Nearly half of the road accident fatalities all over the world are put down to drunk driving.

A staunch supporter of road safety campaigns and part of the “Think Before You Drive” campaign, Schumacher has lent his name to Bacardi’s latest social responsibility initiative — Champions Drink Responsibly, launched here at the Autoworld, a museum dedicated to automobile history.

It’s a cause that he feels very, very strongly for. One would imagine that he has personal experience of the problem and its afflictions. But Schumacher dismisses that notion immediately.

“It’s not a personal campaign. I’ve the luxury with my fame, so-called, to reach people who like to listen to us. If I can save one person’s life because I’m raising their attention to the problem of drunk driving, it’s great. This is the best thing that could happen to me. If I could save one person’s life, it would give me great satisfaction. It’s not about money, it’s about giving back,” explains the man, who single-handedly donated $10m to the 2004 tsunami relief fund.

About moving away from F1 racing, Schumacher says, “Retirement isn’t that bad.”

If you could drive a Ducati monster when you wanted to, even you wouldn’t complain. “I want to enjoy life. With my family and friends. I’d been in certain strict routines and machinery that I wanted to step out from and now I’m searching for things to enjoy. I’ve the luxury so why not try. There are no serious intentions. I’m sure you understand, I’m paying for it, not getting paid for it (laughs). So I’m just doing what I enjoy doing.”

Any plans of coming to India?
“I’ve no plans right now but I wouldn’t rule it out. Your country is a very nice country. I haven’t been in India properly to see the country but I’ve friends who’ve been there and they enjoyed it. So who knows one day I might pass around but certainly incognito rather than one big promotion tour,” he signs off with a teasing smile.

Source :- TOI Newspaper

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
A flying lap of Sakhir circuit in Bahrain with me, on occasion of this weekend's Grand Prix. :D
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/img1.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Massa & Kimi fastest as Hamilton crashes out
*img292.imageshack.us/img292/5102/f1timejp8.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

ADAC tells Mosley to reconsider his role
The ADAC, Germany's national motoring body, has written to FIA president Max Mosley asking him to 'reconsider' his position in the wake of the controversy over his private life.

Mosley has called an extraordinary meeting of the FIA membership to discuss the fallout from the tabloid revelations that have dominated headlines in recent days. It is understood Mosley wants to hold the meeting to provide 'total clarity' on the situation for members of motor racing's governing body.

With car manufacturers BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Honda and Toyota having issued statements in Bahrain expressing their concern about the revelations made by the News of the World last weekend, now ADAC has also voiced its own worries about the impact of the affair.

In a statement issued by the organisation, it confirmed that it had written to Mosley asking him to consider his future, as it did not feel it appropriate he could continue in his role against the backdrop of the scandal.

The release said: "In a letter to FIA president Max Mosley, the ADAC has distanced itself from events surrounding his person. According to the ADAC, the role of an FIA president who represents more than 100 million motorists worldwide should not be burdened by such an affair. Therefore, we ask the president to 'very carefully reconsider his role within the organisation'.

"According to the ADAC, the appropriate FIA process has to take care of the matter. It is in the interests of this world organisation to carry on with its duties without the burden of this affair."

Mosley wrote to all FIA national bodies, including the ADAC, earlier this week to apologise for any embarrassment that the affair had caused. He made it clear, however, that he had no intention of stepping down from his position because of what had happened.

"I have received a very large number of messages of sympathy and support from those within the FIA and the motor sport and motoring communities generally, suggesting that my private life is not relevant to my work and that I should continue in my role," wrote Mosley in the letter.

"I am grateful and with your support I intend to follow this advice."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66319

-----------------------------------------------------
Dutch federation wants Mosley to quit
The Dutch motorsport federation has added it voice to calls for FIA president Max Mosley to resign over the revelations about his private life.

With German's national motoring association, ADAC, having issued a statement earlier today stating that it wanted Mosley to 'consider' his position in the wake of the reports about Mosley's behaviour, the KNAF has gone one step further and indicated it wants the FIA president to step down.

With representatives from all of the FIA's members due to attend an extraordinary meeting of the body's assembly in the next few weeks to discuss the matter, the Dutch organisation has indicated it will push for Mosley to step down if the matter is put to a vote.

KNAF president Arie Ruitenbeek told the BBC: "Because of his high-profile position, this can't be accepted. I have not received my invitation yet (to the FIA meeting), but we will go and will vote for him to resign."

Car manufacturers BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Honda and Toyota issued statements on Thursday expressing their concern about the matter, and hoping the FIA would take swift action.
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66324

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
FIA confirms qualifying changes
The FIA has confirmed the change it will make to the regulations for the final qualifying session in a bid to avoid a repeat of the problems that marred the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Calls to introduce a maximum laptime were made in the wake of Heikki Kovalainen and Lewis Hamilton being penalized for getting in the way of Nick Heidfeld and Fernando Alonso in the closing seconds of Q3 at Sepang.

More worrying that the sporting aspect, however, was the fact that the closing speed of the cars on flat-out qualifying laps and those cruising back to the pits made the situation very dangerous.

With the FIA having looked into the matter over the past two weeks, Formula One race director Charlie Whiting has confirmed that drivers will be forced to complete a certain section of a lap during qualifying in a maximum time.

In a statement issued on Friday, Whiting said: "In order to avoid the possibility of an incident caused by the speed differential of cars on out laps and in laps during Q3, in addition to reconnaissance laps whilst the pit lane is open for the race, any driver deemed to be driving unnecessarily slowly during these laps, or in a manner which might endanger other drivers, will be reported to the stewards.

"Cars leaving the pits will be timed between SC (safety car) line 2 (50 metres before turn 1) and SC line 1 (after turn 15), any car exceeding a time of 1.39.0s between these points will be deemed to have been driven unnecessarily slowly."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66352

Hamilton's crash: *www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yglt_hamilton-crash-in-prac-2-of-bahrain_sport

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom