Who will win the 2008 Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Re: Fear of loosing the title

Kimi was being a team mate:p, nothing wrong in backing off.
nothing wrong!!! there are twenty guys trying to win. Massa took the credit for all the hardwork kimi had done. This is racing for read not for charity.. Kimi had nothing to loose, Massa had everything to gain. Massa should have given atleast a fight!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: Fear of loosing the title

nothing wrong!!! there are twenty guys trying to win. Massa took the credit for all the hardwork kimi had done. This is racing for read not for charity.. Kimi had nothing to loose, Massa had everything to gain. Massa should have given atleast a fight!!

come on yaar, Kimi cant win the title even if he won that race. & massa cant lose points at this stage.

But massa thought he passed kimi coz he was faster. LOOL

Q. And your pass on Kimi towards the end?

FM: Well, it was the best time for me in the race, I was quite strong and then I caught him and I passed him, so that was the good part of the race....
LOOOOOL

Kimi's reply
Q. Kimi, Lewis has just said it was inevitable that Felipe would finish second. Talk us through the last phase of the race.

Kimi RAIKKONEN: I mean we know what we want as a team and that's what we did it. It is normal in these situations....
owned!!! :p
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71609

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
how Alonso will help Massa *www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/c0/evillol.gif

*uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J-zjsw-XRAI

LOOOOOOOOOOOL*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/lol.gif*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/c0/rotlaugh.gif

watch the video:p
*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/laugh.gif @ 1.08

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Unhappy Heikki 'to consider his position'?

Heikki Kovalainen's apparent 'happiness' at McLaren-Mercedes may in fact be little more than a front, it has been suggested - with claims he is already beginning to picture a future away from Woking...

It has been claimed that Heikki Kovalainen is growing increasingly disenchanted at having to regularly play second fiddle to Lewis Hamilton at McLaren-Mercedes – to such an extent that he is already eyeing the end of his tenure with the squad.

Whilst the Finn has repeatedly insisted in public that he is ‘really, really happy' at McLaren, where he will remain in Formula 1 for a second consecutive season in 2009, Singapore broadsheet The Straits Times suggests that he is frustrated at having been cast into a mere supporting role to Hamilton at the Woking-based outfit.

The newspaper explains that chief amongst Kovalainen's gripes is the fact that he is invariably sent out in the crucial Q3 phase of qualifying with more fuel on-board his MP4-23 than the sister machine – a situation that has contributed to Hamilton having led the way twelve-five in terms of grid positions thus far this season, and one that has tended to leave the driver of the #23 car with an uphill climb on race day.

Whilst the Briton has set no fewer than seven pole positions this year, Kovalainen has managed just one, at Silverstone back in July – though unlike his team-mate, he has at least started every race from inside the top ten.

Moreover, the 27-year-old's challenge was hampered in the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai last weekend, when a set of ‘mis-matched tyres' and braking issues held the man from Suomussalmi back in the early stages before a puncture and subsequent hydraulic failure ultimately sidelined him for good and made it three outings in succession and four from the last five in which he has failed to score – leaving him as the only driver from the established ‘top three' teams of McLaren, Ferrari and BMW-Sauber not sitting inside the top six in the title standings one race from the end of the campaign.

According to The Straits Times, on the back of all this Kovalainen has told friends ‘that if his interests are not better served next season, he may have to consider his position'.

-----------------------------

Chandhok set for F1 test role in 2009.

Red Bull-backed GP2 Series front-runner Karun Chandhok may be set to remain in the F1 feeder category in 2009 – but it now looks certain that he will be combining it with test driving duties for Force India.

-------------------------------

Schumi: Hamilton record 'speaks for itself'.

F1 World Championship leader Lewis Hamilton has received a ringing endorsement from no less than legendary seven-time title-winner Michael Schumacher, as the McLaren-Mercedes ace bids to clinch the drivers' crown in Brazil.

Jordan: Hamilton must be ruthless
Former team boss Eddie Jordan says Lewis Hamilton must be prepared to ruthlessly retaliate in the event of a repeat of his Fuji collision with Felipe Massa.

"If he tries that on then Lewis has to turn his wheel into Massa to ensure he does not finish the race either - he has to take his wheel off."

"What happens next in the championship depends on whether Lewis has learnt from his last two races," he said.

"He was brilliant in China when he drove flawlessly to victory but awful, just awful in Japan. If the Hamilton of China turns up in Brazil, he will be world champion.

"I don't think he needs to go for broke but that is what he is inclined to do.

"He needs to be careful. He knows that right now the world is against him – the other drivers are against him and the stewards are against him. Yet I think what happened to him after his win at Spa was ghastly and his penalty in the Japanese Grand Prix was harsh too. That's what he has to contend with."

Hamilton also needs better support from his McLaren teammate Heikki Kovalainen, according to Jordan.

"I do believe Ron Dennis and his McLaren team need to get more out of Heikki Kovalainen because his input to the cause has been minimal," Jordan said.

"They have to aim to get Kovalainen on the first two rows of the grid in Brazil. That would dramatically improve McLaren's chances.

"Kovalainen always seems fuelled-up with a very heavy car and that makes him slow at the start, makes the car more difficult to control and is harder on the tyres. They should look to have him qualify fast and lighter from the start of the race. If he could get into the Ferraris it would really help Lewis."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71710

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
OMG what happened to today's Qualifying broadcast? I couldn't find the listing on espnstar.com on either ESPN or Star Sports. However there is a telecast tomorrow at 1:30 noon on Star Sports. What about today's Live!..?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ The race is in SA and not Europe , the quali starts at 9:30 PM tonite, tmro the race starts at 10:30 PM :p.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Alosno tops all 3 practice sessions:lol:

Renault's Fernando Alonso overshadowed the championship combatants again in final practice at Interlagos, beating Lewis Hamilton into second place with his final lap.

Hamilton's McLaren teammate Heikki Kovalainen took third, with Felipe Massa (Ferrari) having to settle for fourth position.

The title rivals moved to the front as soon as they started their first runs, quickly pushing previous pace-setters Kovalainen and Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) back to third and fourth.

Hamilton was immediately quicker than Massa, lapping in 1:12.278 compared to the Brazilian's 1:12.427.

But they then found it hard to improve on those times, both making minor errors in the middle sector on their next laps. Hamilton would improve his first sector time on a subsequent outing, only to lose nearly two seconds with another mistake in sector two, while Massa had fewer dramas on his next run but was still a few fractions slower than his earlier mark.

When they switched to soft tyres for the final qualifying simulations, it was McLaren who fared better. Kovalainen briefly went fastest, before Hamilton beat his time by 0.013 seconds, despite encountering traffic in the middle sector.

Massa was within a few thousandths of a second of Hamilton's pace for the first two-thirds of his own soft tyre lap, but lost out in the final sector - crossing the line exactly one tenth slower than his championship opponent.

But then in a repeat of yesterday afternoon's session, Alonso vaulted from the midfield with his last gasp low fuel run and outshone the title rivals. The Spaniard's 1:12.141 beat Hamilton by 0.071 seconds, pushing Kovalainen and Massa back to third and fourth.

Toro Rosso had a very strong session, challenging for the top six throughout and eventually taking fifth and seventh places with Sebastian Vettel and Sebastien Bourdais. They were split by BMW's Nick Heidfeld.

Mark Webber took eighth for Red Bull, ahead of Nelson Piquet's Renault and Jarno Trulli's Toyota.

Raikkonen ended up only 12th in the second Ferrari, having failed to improve on his soft tyre run.
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71895

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Holy Moly... the track is slippery and everyone has gone on slicks .. :shocks:

Ha Ha Ha its over, Massa win , Hamilton Champion .
Every one thought Massa was the champ, only to realise that hamilton finished 5 cause glock droped to 6 :p

Last edited:

User Name

In the zone
Heartbroken Massa gracious in defeat.

Ferrari’s Felipe Massa put in the drive of his life at Interlagos on Sunday, doing everything within his power to become 2008 world champion. And as he took the chequered flag he, his team and his family all thought he had done it.

But jubilation rapidly turned to disbelief as just seconds later title rival Lewis Hamilton passed the Toyota of Timo Glock at the final corner to clinch the fifth place he needed to snatch the drivers’ crown from Massa’s grasp. The Brazilian knew how close he had come, but had nothing but praise for the McLaren driver.

"It was an exciting day,” he said. “We did everything to perfection and we almost managed to pull it off. Then, as I crossed the line, (race engineer) Rob (Smedley) told me that Hamilton had finished fifth and therefore he took the title by one point. Sport is like this and one has to accept that. Congratulations to Lewis: whoever gets the most points deserves the title.”

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
:mad: massa should have won.but hamilton deserved to win the champioship for his performance throughout the season

ahaa.

Hamilton deserved to win??

Massa has more wins
Massa has more 2nd place finishes
Massa has same number of fastest laps as Lewis.
Unlike Lewis, He commited too few driver errors and less number of penalties (I think just 1)
Ferrari has the constructors c'ship

Lewis won the championship because of two reasons:

1) that technical error with those Ferrari's pit lights in singapore
2) Timo Glock

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Why are you so defensive? its all part of the race isnt it!! No matter how good the driver is, the guy with the most number of points wins the championship. the whole world knew about the calculation.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i did wished that ham. wins the title, coz of all that racial sh1t.

YAY!!!

but i feel a bit let down, coz ham won just by LUCK. (noob toyota) no other reason.

i thought ham was a rain master,but nope, its vettle.

anyways, i feel happy for ham, i just hope he doesnt over do's somehin, like opening his mouth:p

maassa has just become stronger.:twisted:
[--------------\
:lol:
the way ham raced was just pathetic, he should have atleast fought for 4th or a podium finish:lol:

what made me upset was that "pussy cat doll's" b1tch:p

btw, i missed this race too:p:p

red_devil

Back!
Deserving or not, Ham is the champ...

but its alright..hopefully next year Kimi will wake up and get going and replace this noob !!

@s18000rpm
man, you wanted Ham to win because of some racial $hit ??? c'mon!! its F1 !!
but you are spot on about Vettel !! GAWD that guy is good in rainy conditions !!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Next year, Alonso will repeatedly hit Ron Dennis head :)

With KERS to give 80bhp power extra while coming out of corner, it's going to be Renault vs McLaren vs BMW next year.

Ferrari are struggling to understand KERS.

Alonso will make Ron Dennis run and Lewis run for cover.

he played his part in this year's c'ship result. If it wasn't Timo Glock....

IMO, Two drivers Alonso and Vettel drove their heart out. They helped their teams make their cars better and reliable.

What a shame for Redbull that their second team STR outclassed them totally.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yup, i really wished that ham wins the title.

he's the only black dude in racing, f1 is overly over hyped motorsports, & the way he has owned the pro's here is just blooody awesomeness.

the racial crap was not just one time instance, it happend too many times in this overly self pro-claimed "pinnacle of motorsports":p a bloody big time dent on the f1's image;)

all i wish now is, that he behaves like a champ.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom