• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Swiss ramble breaks down the latest financial figures released by Arsenal.
The Swiss Ramble: Arsenal's Mystery Dance

The real bottleneck is here.
*4.bp.blogspot.com/-CbDMiM8DVCU/T0yQe3de2nI/AAAAAAAAFQU/tga5icDAogY/s400/17%2BArsenal%2BShirt%2B%2526%2BKit.jpg
And we have to wait till 2014 to fix this.

jasku

In the zone
He should. Unless we overcome Milan.

highly unlikely, Milan are a powerful side, having said that funnier things have happened.

Honestly, who do you think can replace Wenger?...I am frustrated with the lack of trophies all these years, but come to think of it, he has kept us in the green with minimal resources, I doubt any other manager can come close. A club is successful only when they win some silverware, sadly we have nothing to show in that department.

Gunner till I die....

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^ Do you think Wenger should go?

There is too much stuff going behind the scenes,the blame is not his alone.At least Wenger can( or has done) guarantee a top 4 finish while making a profit!
We are financially in a delicate situation till 2014,with little profit outside of player sales.I think it would be foolish to let him go.
Admittedly I think differently on the morning after we have been spanked in a game, but overall I want him to stay and make required changes to his staff etc.

jasku

In the zone
There is too much stuff going behind the scenes,the blame is not his alone.At least Wenger can( or has done) guarantee a top 4 finish while making a profit!
We are financially in a delicate situation till 2014,with little profit outside of player sales.I think it would be foolish to let him go.
Admittedly I think differently on the morning after we have been spanked in a game, but overall I want him to stay and make required changes to his staff etc.

Problem is firstly he doesnt buy stars, whether he cant deal with them or what I dont know...

Secondly, we get to predictable and monotonous at times, when times sit back and defend, we are lost and dont create any chances, just keep possession and the opposing team hits us on the counter, due to our shaky defense.
Dont get me wrong, I love the way arsenal play, but they should bring in other aspects into the game, which was evident, when Ade and Cesc were there.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
He simply can't buy stars.If you buy a 25m player at 120K wages per week,it will work out around 50 million for a 4 year contract.That's more than the entire transfer budget.

Agree about the predictable play though.Wenger is not the best tactician on a matchday.

Arsenal's Lansbury scores an amazing goal for England U-21.Chamberlain got one too.
[YOUTUBE]pfNudtI5E5s[/YOUTUBE]

Krow

Crowman
Amazing goal. Wenger issue the best man in this financial situation. We should promote him to a Danny Fiszman role and hire AVB as manager.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
just saw the headbutt between klaas & smalling...looked nasty as hell...klaas was so dazed that he had grass in his mouth....

jasku

In the zone
We have to move with times, either sell the club to a billionaire or raise money. Arsenal have spent the least in the last few years in the transfer market, I think even Sunderland were above us.

Players like rooney and alike take 180-200k a week, thats what it takes to attract and keep quality players, so be it. We can either be profitable or successful, the 2 definitely aren't mutually exclusive.

We lose out on quality players cause of our Wage structure, Juan Mata is an excellent example of that, you can see he is pure class, would have been prefect at Arsenal. Flamini was treated poorly, we should have kept him too.

The youth policy makes sense if you can hold on to your players after developing them, there is no point nurturing them, making em world class and then letting em go, as a club your stuck in a viscous circle.

Somethings gotta change, I dont want Wenger to leave either, but I cant take the frustration either, maybe we can make him the technical director or something.

Bottomline -either Wengers ideology or the clubs policies have to change!

Sorry for the rant.

Krow

Crowman
Flamini was not treated poorly. Anyway, him and hleb shot themselves in the foot by leaving Arsenal.

Every club has a tough time, this is ours. We are still faring better than clubs who spent much more.

What we need is smart transfer business. We are scouting right, just need to negotiate better.

Next season we are going to rely on Joel Campbell, Coquelin and AOC. We'll probably get Podolski, but not too many signings.

jasku

In the zone
Flamini was not treated poorly. Anyway, him and hleb shot themselves in the foot by leaving Arsenal.

Every club has a tough time, this is ours. We are still faring better than clubs who spent much more.

What we need is smart transfer business. We are scouting right, just need to negotiate better.

Next season we are going to rely on Joel Campbell, Coquelin and AOC. We'll probably get Podolski, but not too many signings.

Agree about Hleb and Flamini. Hleb made a total fool of himself.

The problem is other clubs win something even in that phase, the likes of Liverpools, Manchester United, Man City, Chelsea, but we simply havent.

Smart transfer business has always been the case for us, Padolski looks likely, Eden Hazard would love to have him, but doubt it will materialize. We will definitely get some reasonable raw African player.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Man City and CHelsea are financially doping.We can never catch up with them.Accept it.
Utd. are a money making machine.We have a long way to go to catch up with them.
Liverpool look set to miss out on the CL for 3rd consecutive year,despite investing 100 m pounds in the team.

Unfortunately the only way the glory days can return is the strict implementation of FFP rules, which is unlikely.

Krow

Crowman
Yeah. Arsenal aren't as big a brand as United. But if get the likes of Klopp or Favre, I think we can work better as a unit.

And I also feel that our wage structure needs revamping. We should give performance bonuses rather than big pay packets.

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
Losing Fabregas last season was a big disappointment.. But the shots of arteta have impresssed a lot of arsenal fans..
After thumping Hotspurs 5-2 the gunners are looking pretty good.. They are going in the next year's CL for sure..
But if they continue in this form they might climb up in the table and secure the third season..

jasku

In the zone
Losing Fabregas last season was a big disappointment.. But the shots of arteta have impresssed a lot of arsenal fans..
After thumping Hotspurs 5-2 the gunners are looking pretty good.. They are going in the next year's CL for sure..
But if they continue in this form they might climb up in the table and secure the third season..

You my friend may not have followed Arsenal closely. They will go out and beat the likes of Chelsea / Suprs scoring 5 goals, but will lose 0-1 the next week to a Bolton / Blackburn type team.

So the "looking good" is really for that match, and how consistent they will be, only time will tell.

axes2t2

I am a cat

Even before Fabregas Arsenal were a champions league team.

Even before Fabregas Arsenal celebrated St.Totteringhams Day.

Top Bottom