The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

gameranand

Living to Play
And DMCA takedown have been filed on one mod.
It appears more legal issues are slowly comming up now : skyrimmods

One mod got deleted and the modder retired from modding. See this is what happening right now, community is dividing.

Alok

Adventurer
This step of valve-beth won't go far. I thing within a week we will see response.

Almost every such mod needs SKSE and dev of SKSE don't support paid mods :p

gameranand

Living to Play
This step of valve-beth won't go far. I thing within a week we will see response.

Almost every such mod needs SKSE and dev of SKSE don't support paid mods :p

No they don't support paid mods but they are not going to issue a DMCA tackedown as well as per their statement. They clearly stated that, all their work will be free and anyone can use it to make free or paid mods as well.
What we can see is death of modding because guys at nexus would issue a DMCA takedown for many mods and Bethesda would not want that so they might ban Nexus from their games and you can imagine the rest. Of course its just a speculation but very much possible. In all honesty it might also backfire at them at low sales of their future games and very less active modding. Active modding is the only thing that keeps their games alive for very long. Many people still buy Oblivion because of one reason that they'll have unofficial patches and mods which will enhance the experience and will add replay-ability to the game. That that down and you just axed your own head, in the meantime some other dev can take advantage of this situation as well.
See what is happening with GOG and CDPR, people got fed up of $hitty DRMs and then they came in. Now they are quite stable which was highly unlikely given the number of stores already but they stand on top. Witcher 3 sold a lot of copies already because of one thing. Reputation of CDPR among gamers and the guarantee that they won't get robbed of money due to overpriced DLCs and DRMs.

Aditya11

Journeyman
There's a petition for removing paid mods for Skyrim from Steam Workshop. In just three days, it has garnered close to 1L signatures, and counting. Do your part and lend your support to this, if you don't wish to pay for Skyrim mods.

*www.change.org/p/valve-remove-the-paid-content-of-the-steam-workshop

gameranand

Living to Play
Well we have got the attention of Gabe Newell himslef on this issue...If you want to give himm reasons why its wrong, here it is.

MODs and Steam : gaming

Alok

Adventurer
At last daddy got time for us :-D Sure I'll give my reason :-x

- - - Updated - - -

As far Gabe decided to add a "pay what you want" button like humble bundle to steam mods.

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys Skyrim is free this weekend.

Use Steam Achivement Manager to fake gameplay time for Skyrim and put a negative review for the game. Even if you don't own the game, its no problem.

Its down to 84% from 98%.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Skyrim: The Journey

*i.imgur.com/nRuCb9h.jpg

Game Name: The Elder Scrolls V
Author / Developer: Bethesda
Type of Distribution: Mods
Language: English
Build Version: FINAL
Required Game Language: English

Description:
Perhaps the most ambitious build for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Work on the Journey began in the summer of 2013, it has gone through several stages of beta testing, and the final form of acquired in April 2015.
Build exclusively Lore friendly and improves the game in all aspects: graphics, sound, gameplay, difficulty, variety, roleplay.

For visuals meet dozens of mods, carefully selected and configured ENB, and more than 24 thousand new textures, hand-selected from a variety of texture packs. Almost all the textures in the game have been improved, and at the same time enabled the volume effect parallax.
Journey has its own unique soundtrack composed by the author, that you will not find anywhere else. Sounds were radically reworked, so it is recommended to play via good headphones.

You will enjoy the diversity in everything: hundreds of new weapons and armor, a huge number of new creatures and monsters, a world teeming with life.

They have been changed and improved all the cities and villages. Many shops and taverns got their own unique design.

NPC now looks much more realistic. Considerable time and effort was invested to make each character unique.

With Journey Skyrim has to rolepleyu more, because now you have time to quench their thirst, hunger, and take care of the rest. You will find hundreds of NPC, which offer interesting dialogues and quests, and some will become your faithful companions.

In the assembly built large DLC fashion: Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, Moonpath to Elsweyr, Wheels of Lull, each of which offers more than 10 hours pass.

Just Journey makes the game much more difficult. The enemies are stronger, disabled avtoregen health, no starting spells, traps fatal, carried weight is limited, and built-in permadesa make each death seriously.

The total number reaches 450 mods.

Some Screen Shots:
*i.imgur.com/GM8vVFT.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Fa9mtr2.jpg
*i.imgur.com/cx2zmvE.jpg
*i.imgur.com/o1V7xwo.jpg
*i.imgur.com/T6OhBnS.jpg
*i.imgur.com/OfjWqzu.jpg
*i.imgur.com/AEvF3Af.jpg
Original Game Link:*translate.googleusercontent.com/tr...791644&usg=ALkJrhha0y5P3Uvpx-Oyso_0Uiq5blRYfg

Last edited:

anky

Youngling
Was playing witcher 2, but that seemed too complicated and difficult for me as it was the first rpg for me..switched to skyrim and i cant tell how muich i am loving it..chose breton and acquired some robe which regenrates magika 75 percent fast...there are so many things to do...on level 6 now...i think i can play this for many months...

anky

Youngling
installed some mods form nexusmods
Climate of tamriel.
amazing follower
sky ui
better map
cbbe
dames of skyrim

Now i have got both Serena and Lydia as follower. Have taught both of them some spells.Removed their clothing! :p
Now i have got two nude hot chicks as my bodyguard!

Something interesting happened while i was checking if CBBE has been installed properly or not! ,went to Dragons Bridge and killed a woman! stripped her of her armor! Strangely guards didn't do anything! took the key of her house and went inside! Her husband their was saying 'I don't want to talk, i am not in a condition to talk' . He didn't know that it was me who killed her hot wife! :p

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION]
I have installed mods using ur suggestions. One thing i wanted to ask is how to make the female characters wear some specific dress..i mean a different armor/dress. I have installed CBBE and pretty idles mod. Is there any other mods for that which needs to be compatible with CBBE?
What is Bodyslider? I saw a video which we can adjust body shape in the game itself? how to do that?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
BodySlide allows you to create your own body type for CBBE and UNP bodies, plus adjust clothing for them. Plus, with RaceMenu you can adjust the body shape at runtime.

anky

Youngling
BodySlide allows you to create your own body type for CBBE and UNP bodies, plus adjust clothing for them. Plus, with RaceMenu you can adjust the body shape at runtime.
so the body created with bodyslide will automatically be present in the game? and will it e same for all the females in the game?
and what is racemenu? is it another tool/mod?

Top Bottom