The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Killing Machine
If you love your mods, dont get the special edition. There is no SKSE support.

But it is free for me. So can't say no to it. But I hope they list it as a separate game in library instead of upgrading the existing for reasons you mentioned.

Sent from my RN3

Killing Machine
Its free for everyone who has all dlcs...
Yes, that is what I meant. I can't stop Steam from granting me that package. But I hope it would be a separate game (like D:OS and D:OS EE when they gave it free) so I can continue to use the normal version with mods.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think there has been any official word about how its going to be. Since the Special Edition is going to be a separate game on consoles, I am hoping that it would be a separate game on Steam as well.

gameranand

Living to Play
Now that Skyrim SE is launching soon, I am wondering how many of these mods will work. The fact remains that SKSE is not going to work directly on SE and many modders might not convert their mod for SE edition as well. SE edition will just add some good textures and patches that have been given by our modding community already.

I think that SE edition won't be very popular on PC if modding is not gonna be a big thing on it. Reason being that most of the people who play Skyrim till now are the ones who mod the game and SE is nothing but bad modding of Skyrim game. The results are yet to be seen but I mean at what degree are Bethesda going to change the textures and how much. Hasn't that been achieved by the modders already, its more of a console thing than a PC thing.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You guys tried Enderal?

People say that it is much better than vanilla Skyrim, completely different (non-Elder Scrolls) story, better voice acting than most AAA games and better story than Witcher 3 (that says something) and more than 40 hours main quest.

I haven't tried it yet, but will download it over the weekend.

Enderal is a total conversion for TES V: Skyrim: a game modification that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.

Enderal is free and can be played by anyone owning a legal copy of TES V: Skyrim. (No DLCs are necessary.) It is developed non-commercially by SureAI, the team behind the renowned Oblivion mod "Nehrim: At Fate´s Edge" (and various other projects).
Features:

An open world with its own lore and hand-crafted, detailed and diverse landscapes (desert, heathlands, forests, jungles, mountains and more)

An unconventional story with psychological and philosophical undercurrents

German and English localizations, both fully voiced by dozens of speakers, many with a professional background

Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions and motivations

Overhauled gameplay with experience points, survival mechanics and hard, challenging combat

An overhauled skill system with classes and new special abilities

A housing system allowing the player to design their own homes

30 to 100 hours of expected playtime

Homepage: dl.enderal.com

Review: The Skyrim mod to Enderal • Eurogamer.net

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
If only we all had the time, I am currently in Dragon Age 3 and it is absolutely massive. Stil have a bit left to finish from tw3 blood and wine and Arkham Knight. Just can't find the time.

I was only able to play skyrim to completion once and that too just the main quest line.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have like three characters in Skyrim, the first is a main one where I am a Nord spellsword, second I am a Breton mage and third I am a Redguard warrior.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I have like three characters in Skyrim, the first is a main one where I am a Nord spellsword, second I am a Breton mage and third I am a Redguard warrior.
The one play through I was a nord battlemage. One handed sword and spell on the other, mainly necromancy and summoning.

Stil have to play all the expansions though. Are they good?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes.

Dawnguard and Dragonborn have a main quest of their own. Also new locations.

In Dawnguard you have to fight vampires or choose to become a vampire lord. New locations include a new building called Castle Dawnguard south east of Riften and Castle Volkihaar near the north west corner of the map. There is also a new Oblivion plane called Soul Cairne. Other than that, most of the quest takes place on the Skyrim mainland. Also has new story and characters.

In Dragonborn the main quest takes place over an entirely new location separate from the Skyrim mainland called Solstheim. Solstheim is mostly covered with ash and has different architecture reminiscent of Morrowind. As usual, new story and characters exist. You also get to travel to daedric lord Hermaeus Mora's oblivion realm called Apocrypha.

Haven't tried Hearthfire but its mostly a building sim with an added option of adopting children.

anky

Youngling
I liked the vampire storyline interesting. the way we could hover on the land and people used to get scared of me. So fun!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
You guys tried Enderal?

People say that it is much better than vanilla Skyrim, completely different (non-Elder Scrolls) story, better voice acting than most AAA games and better story than Witcher 3 (that says something) and more than 40 hours main quest.

I haven't tried it yet, but will download it over the weekend.

Homepage: dl.enderal.com

Review: The Skyrim mod to Enderal • Eurogamer.net

Well well well.

that is a high claim.
update after you play.

Also, update your effin signature with the 1070 :p

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Skyrim Special Edition Requirements

PC System Specs

Minimum
Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit Version)
Intel i5-750/AMD Phenom II X4-945.
8GB of ram.
12 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 470 1GB /AMD HD 7870 2GB

Recommended
Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit Version)
Intel i5-2400/AMD FX-8320.
8GB of ram.
12 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB /AMD R9 290 4GB

Source: Bethseda

arpit6199

Broken In
GPU Requirements are high in my opinion for remaster it is on par with fallout 4 and remaster doesn't even come close to fallout 4 visuals and level of detail.

Top Bottom