The EEE PC. Coming 29th Jan, India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
Asus support just mailed me back. They are releasing the EEE PC on 29th Jan. Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bump.. No one interested?

It's Confirmed now. They are launching it at Croma.

*eeepc.in/images/promotionalbanner.gif

*eeepc.in/

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hey I just found that its harddisk capacity is only 4 GB. Is that true :(
and does it have a USB port?

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^ well of course 3 USB 2.0 ports are there..
see here : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC Look for the 4g model with webcam :)
and yes SSD capacity is 4 gb only :(... which unfortunately the OS itself will occupy...

don't know why these people fuss over solid state memory though expensive..
a 20/40 gb HDD would have done equally well at same price point...

though the SSD is gonna make this one Tough.. but no-one goes around tossing one's laptop however tough it may be :D

anyways lets look forward to it..
BTW there are three competitors now..

ACi Subnotebook price ~15k
HCL Mileap X UMPC ~14 k

ASUS EeePC 4G ~ indian price ??

praka123

left this forum longback
for UMPC,this is OK!also,if u want extra space,get a laptop harddisk of 80GB and get a usb 2.5" laptop hdd enclosure!even sata enclosures too are available when last checked hardware shops!

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
for UMPC,this is OK!also,if u want extra space,get a laptop harddisk of 80GB and get a usb 2.5" laptop hdd enclosure!even sata enclosures too are available when last checked hardware shops!

If I am right that would come under "extra cost" :p
It would be better to go for the ACi notebook more because its cheaper and has 40 GB HDD...... and still a stylish UMPC .. maybe build quality is bad but then it hasne been reviewed ..

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
Any1 who wants the aci semi and hcl mileap x info just check the techno news section.. We hav been discussing them all along. The mileap x seems to be crap. The aci semi seems good but no news of its release date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom