the boot up in windows xp is very very sloW HELP??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montego

Right off the assembly line
when i boot the machine the windows takes 15 to 20 strokes of blue slide under the logo almost 30 to 40 seconds to boot after bios is complete i jave a PIV 3.0 GHZ with 256 DDR ram and a brand new installation DID IT TWICE TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM but slow boot seems to go nowhere please help no enjoying computing

allindrome

Journeyman
You can use defragmenting utilities like PerfectDisk which in addition to your system files defrags your boot files as well leading to a faster startup. Otherwise you may try running Bootvis from Microsoft which is easily available as freeware.

babumuchhala

In the zone
Have u done this.

Go to mscofig from run menu --> Startup --> Disable all
then to services menu. Diasble most (which u dont need)
Do the services disable in small steps of disable and restart so u know exactly where u are having problome if u do have.

Also run a complete AntiViru, AntiSpyware, Regisrty Checup scan and also ScanDisk for all drive with disk defragment.

swatkat

Technomancer
when i boot the machine the windows takes 15 to 20 strokes of blue slide under the logo almost 30 to 40 seconds to boot after bios is complete i jave a PIV 3.0 GHZ with 256 DDR ram and a brand new installation DID IT TWICE TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM but slow boot seems to go nowhere please help no enjoying computing
Before trying BootVis, post HijckThis log file here.........

shwetanshu said:
How to use BOOTVIS?? I have it but i don't know how to get it to work
1]Go to Trace Menu and select "Next Boot and Driver Delays"
2]Botvis will ask for a Restart.
3]Restart and wait for sometime, as Bootvis starts again
4]Then go to Trace Menu and select "Optimize" and
Restart again
5]Now Bootvis will analyze ur system and Optimizes ur system.........

OP
M

Montego

[thanks to you all but i would do more reswearch, bootvis???? would give some more try lets see searching for download from some website

swatkat

Technomancer
Montego said:
[thanks to you all but i would do more reswearch, bootvis???? would give some more try lets see searching for download from some website
do u want BootVis download link??????
*www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/BootVis.shtml

before trying BootVis, it's better that u post ur HijackThis Log file here, some programs in startup take a hell lot of time to load....they can be removed if they r unimportant....
download HijackThis here...
*www.spychecker.com/download/download_hijackthis.html

Open HijackThis and click Scan...afterwards, click Save Log to save the info..then copy and paste the contents of that log file here.....

OP
M

Montego

what i m trying to ask is that this problem is PRIOR to a BOOT of Win files so when u see the blue strokes on computer screeen that is what is slowing up Help required there

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Montego said:
what i m trying to ask is that this problem is PRIOR to a BOOT of Win files so when u see the blue strokes on computer screeen that is what is slowing up Help required there
hmm .. seems like we were looking in the wrong direction
i dont know how correct i am ... but ...
as much as i know .. when those blue strokes are running .. windows starts services one by one.
this means that .. if you disable a few unneccessary services you may get faster startups
go to start->run->services.msc .. and look at started services and disable those u think arent reqd
also ..
can u telll me if you are inside a LAN ..?

____
alibi

daj123

Journeyman
My other PC is a WinXP running on a PIII 450MHz 128MB PC133 and the system boots up in 15 seconds. After logging in, it takes around 30s for the computer to become fully responsive and i have a LOT of startup programs - 8 of them in the start bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom