The Best Phone under 18k : Gionee Elife E5 <-to let all know->

girishpaiv

Journeyman
Had a lot of confusions on which phone to buy and i just landed buying the best phone in 18k, yes am confident !!..

The Gionee Elife E5 @ 18.2k(i bought from local store) [available on ebay @17k]

*gionee.co.in/wp-content/uploads/3111.png

Official site

Review by gogi

Its months of research that i got too tired to search more... and decided to buy E5. Now i know that my decision just turned out to be the best..

It has 16300Antutu, 1.5ghz quad cortex A7, 1GB 16GB, great cameras 8MP and even 5MP front cam!!,Super Amoled and the best part is that its just as i wanted: Light weight (138g) and good Battery backup (2000mAh).

I intend to help those who are searching for a 18k budget phone.
Have a look at this ..am sure you will be proud to own this little beast.

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
One Word : LOL.

great cameras 13MP and even 5MP front cam!!
First of all, it has a 8 MP primary camera not 13 MP.

Second, don't always go by benchmarks score. Recently, a report had suggested that even samsung had cheated in these tests.

Third, Instead of spending 18k over a brand whose quality/A.S.S is unknown, i'd rather spend a few more to get a better Xperia SP/or any samsung phone( god forbid :p )

OP
girishpaiv

girishpaiv

Journeyman
One Word : LOL.

First of all, it has a 8 MP primary camera not 13 MP.

Second, don't always go by benchmarks score. Recently, a report had suggested that even samsung had cheated in these tests.

Third, Instead of spending 18k over a brand whose quality/A.S.S is unknown, i'd rather spend a few more to get a better Xperia SP/or any samsung phone( god forbid :p )

whats there to LOL ??

First, yep sry for that its 8MP... cos i dont care much about camera part(i have dslr to do that part for me),

Second, I am personaly using it for few days now.. thats y i wrote my experiance here... yes i went by trusting benchmarks and morethan that reviews and hands on performance in youtube , but i told ya, now i bought the phone n started using it , i found it a lot better phone than i even expected.

third, Yes if you care for gaurenteed ASS then these phones will never come to your list to chose from.. for them : just ignore this post. BTW Gionee is not that bad at ASS.

Its all personal choice ...go compare and buy the best for the budget .. this is the best one i found for 18k n wanted to share it here.. cos its a result of my months of research...and i want to give back the forum for helping me decide.:)
and Am loving the phone a lot !!! :)

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Nice review. However i would not recommend spending 18k on a phone whose A.S.S is doubtful.

These "experimental" phones are for college kids or people who have the curiosity to tinker with roms. Once you start getting caught up in job, you can't be bothered with the hassle of running to service centre everytime your phone shows a defect( Had a frustrating experience trying to get my Karbonn A15 repaired). You want a phone which is reliable and trustworthy and has good A.S.S. I bought a Lava 501 (Currently using) 1 year back. While it is a good phone, the minor annoyances like a bit of freeze/lag, data getting hanged once every few hours are a deterrent to a smooth experience. Once my phone dies, im getting an iphone or a nexus( preferably an iphone).

Better to buy samsung/sony phones in this range where atleast you are hopeful of a good A.S.S.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
:facepalm:

best phone under 18k is Nexus 4 if brought from playstore.

@girishpaiv, is that Joe from Digimon Adventures?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
whats there to LOL ??

First, yep sry for that its 8MP... cos i dont care much about camera part(i have dslr to do that part for me),

Second, I am personaly using it for few days now.. thats y i wrote my experiance here... yes i went by trusting benchmarks and morethan that reviews and hands on performance in youtube , but i told ya, now i bought the phone n started using it , i found it a lot better phone than i even expected.

third, Yes if you care for gaurenteed ASS then these phones will never come to your list to chose from.. for them : just ignore this post. BTW Gionee is not that bad at ASS.

Its all personal choice ...go compare and buy the best for the budget .. this is the best one i found for 18k n wanted to share it here.. cos its a result of my months of research...and i want to give back the forum for helping me decide.:)
and Am loving the phone a lot !!! :)

How many Gionee service centers have you seen in your city/state ?

I miss the days when we could buy phones without worrying about A.S.S (i miss my Nokia 3310 days of 2003 when this term didnt need to exist)
@OP- Congrats on ur purchase, we hope and pray that you may never have to visit the service center :) Gionee is a big company, only next to Huawei in their country.
Its Chinese, but so are the HTC people (Taiwan-China same thing imo)

@Luffy facepalm on urself since this luxury is not available for Indians. :p

Top Bottom