The best PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

baligavinod

Right off the assembly line
hey guys ...

one of my friends wants to buy a new PC...he needs all the latest technology to be at his disposal...he is a hardcore gamer...

can u suggest some hi-fi configs (including CPU, Motherboard, Graphics Card, Sound Card, Hard Disk, Ram, Speakers, DVD Writeer)...any platform (AMD or Intel ) will do...price no bar...he is ready to pay anything for this...

and please mention the entire configuration...

job9434

Broken In
ok here it is

processor :amd fx57

ram:corsair twinx 2048 3500llpro(i dont know its avaible here any way contact netweb technologies india)

motherboard:asus a8n32-sli deluxe

graphics card: 2x asus extreme n7800gtx top (in sli mode)

hdd:2x western digital 74gb raptor (in raid0 using slicon image raid controller)

c.p.u. heat sink:zalman 7700 cnps cu (if you plan to over clock the processor )

cabinet :antec 1088 perfomance with optional clear panel and side 80 mm led fan for cooling graphics cards (dont forget to install the 2 80mm front fans to cool the hdd)

power supply : antec 550 watts sli edition

sound card : sorry dude you cannot install sound card in this motherboard bcoz both the graphics cards use dual slot cooling solution so there is no room for a sound card, for the time beign rely on on board sound since it offers 8 channel sound

speakers : logitech z 550 (500 watts rms)

monitor:viewsonic vx924 turbo version with 3ms response time (19")

keyboard:microsoft keyboard

mouse: logitech mx1000 (wireless)

dvd writer:sony dru-810a

ups:apc back up RS 1000VA

total price: around rupees 3,30000/-

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Although its been lifted from Chip's last month issue the config is really the best one can get in India. However some changes that i would suggest.
Instead of Asus 7800GTX's which costs 42k each,i'd suggest going for XFX 7800GTX which come factory oc'ed and with a sweet heatsink and still cost 10k less i.e. 31k+taxes.

For speakers it's the Logitech z5500, i guess it's a typo there.
For mouse if he is a gamer a wireless mouse isnt recommended due to the lags associated with it. Get the G5 or the Mx518 :D

For the DVD writer get the Benq 1640 since the Sony dru-810 is nothing but a Benq 1640 in disguise. So get the 1640 and save some mollah. ;)

geekysage

Journeyman
holy mother of ****! wtf...i can't believe the prices are so fvcking high in India. One can definitely get the same config for about 40% cheaper in the west (and prolly east as well.) But yeah, i have been noticing the difference in the low end segment is going down every other day and the little difference that still exists is justifiable coz of the import duties and stuff. The situation is quite the opposite in the hi-end segment though. Asus 7800gtx, for instance, costs ~$525 = ~Rs. 25K - a clear difference of 40%!!
blade_runner said:
For mouse if he is a gamer a wireless mouse isnt recommended due to the lags associated with it.
I have to differ, i personally use a logitech notebook wireless mouse and the mx900 for the desky. I play Halo and UT2004 online - rule Halo, fair in UT. Fortunately, I have never faced lag in any of my wireless mice, of course, the mice start acting erratically when the batteries are down but that's trivial. If you've played Halo multiplayer before, you'd know how crucial it's to have a good mouse when you're being a banshee whore or taking down one. By the way, i rule in both the situations ;)

Ohhh...i almost forgot...don't you just hate it when the mouse cord creates problem in the movement? Besides, logitech has already released a hi-precision 2000dpi laser wireless mouse specifically for gamers - Logitech G7. Looks exactly like MX1000, except for the 2000dpi resolution which puts them worlds apart in gaming.

geekysage

Journeyman
hummer said:
future is dual core. if money no bar.
get your facts rite, man. The max dual core available - x2 4800+ - is around $200 cheaper than the fx57.

Also read this if you wanna know why fx57 is preferred over x2 4800+.
TechReport.com said:
I was all ready to give you my spiel about how I'd rather have a dual-core Athlon 64 X2, of any flavor AMD currently offers, over the FX-57. Then I ran those numbers on the dual GeForce 7800 GTX cards in SLI. I can't really deny the FX-57's potency in gaming, and if you are planning on driving an exotic graphics configuration involving multiple high-end cards, a blisteringly fast single-core processor like the FX-57 may be the right chip for the job. Beyond gaming, any application that isn't readily busted into multiple threads for additional performance should benefit from the single-threaded performance of this CPU. For such tasks, the FX-57 has no equal.
Here's the link for more details: *techreport.com/reviews/2005q2/athlon64-fx57/index.x?pg=16

edit: by the way, i myself would prefer a dual core x2 over fx57 or fx55 coz money does raise a bar for me :wink:
Got an x2 3800+ toldeo core yesterday for my new rig. :D

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
geekysage said:
hummer said:
future is dual core. if money no bar.
get your facts rite, man. The max dual core available - x2 4800+ - is around $200 cheaper than the fx57.

Also read this if you wanna know why fx57 is preferred over x2 4800+.
TechReport.com said:
I was all ready to give you my spiel about how I'd rather have a dual-core Athlon 64 X2, of any flavor AMD currently offers, over the FX-57. Then I ran those numbers on the dual GeForce 7800 GTX cards in SLI. I can't really deny the FX-57's potency in gaming, and if you are planning on driving an exotic graphics configuration involving multiple high-end cards, a blisteringly fast single-core processor like the FX-57 may be the right chip for the job. Beyond gaming, any application that isn't readily busted into multiple threads for additional performance should benefit from the single-threaded performance of this CPU. For such tasks, the FX-57 has no equal.
Here's the link for more details: *techreport.com/reviews/2005q2/athlon64-fx57/index.x?pg=16

edit: by the way, i myself would prefer a dual core x2 over fx57 or fx55 coz money does raise a bar for me :wink:
Got an x2 3800+ toldeo core yesterday for my new rig. :D

Err the x2 3800+ is the manchester core. The toledo cores are 4400+, and 4800+ i.e. the ones with 1Mb cache. And yeah given a choice i would definitely opt for a dual core set-up over single core processor now. :D

geekysage

Journeyman
blade_runner said:
Err the x2 3800+ is the manchester core. The toledo cores are 4400+, and 4800+ i.e. the ones with 1Mb cache.

eeww...maybe the toledo core x2 3800+ are not available in India but they are here...in the US.

You prolly already know that Toledo is just two San Diego cores. The difference with x2 3800+ is that 512KB L2 cache is disabled in each core resulting in a total of just 1MB cache. But the toledo core 3800+ are apparently overclocking better than the manchester ones, which are just two venice cores w/ the regular 512KB L2 cache per core. It seems 3800+ with toledo cores are in shortage and people are paying a premium to get it but it'd be worth it if all the hype of toledos overclocking better than manchester is true. Will let you know when i get my rig up.

Oh yeah, identifying if an x2 is a toledo or manchester is a cinch. Just look at the model code on the cpu, if it's ending in "BV" it's a manchester core and if it's ending in "CD", it's a toledo - easy, ain't it? The one i have says ADA3800DAA5CD, clearly a toledo core :D

BTW, if you wanna read more on this, google "identify x2 3800+ core".

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
geekysage said:
blade_runner said:
Err the x2 3800+ is the manchester core. The toledo cores are 4400+, and 4800+ i.e. the ones with 1Mb cache.

eeww...maybe the toledo core x2 3800+ are not available in India but they are here...in the US.

You prolly already know that Toledo is just two San Diego cores. The difference with x2 3800+ is that 512KB L2 cache is disabled in each core resulting in a total of just 1MB cache. But the toledo core 3800+ are apparently overclocking better than the manchester ones, which are just two venice cores w/ the regular 512KB L2 cache per core. It seems 3800+ with toledo cores are in shortage and people are paying a premium to get it but it'd be worth it if all the hype of toledos overclocking better than manchester is true. Will let you know when i get my rig up.

Oh yeah, identifying if an x2 is a toledo or manchester is a cinch. Just look at the model code on the cpu, if it's ending in "BV" it's a manchester core and if it's ending in "CD", it's a toledo - easy, ain't it? The one i have says ADA3800DAA5CD, clearly a toledo core :D

BTW, if you wanna read more on this, google "identify x2 3800+ core".

Haha ! Here only the 4200+ is available, as the vendors think bringing the 3800+ will mess up the non-existant sales for 3700+ etc. :D
About the Todelo's my bad :p. Actually, yeah there are x2 3800+ (toledo core) with 512k cache disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom