The "AutoPatcher" thread!!

How has your pc reacted after installing Autopatcher?

• It now runs with the speed of light!!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • System looks and feels more secure

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Can't seem to find any difference..

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • System crashes more often

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Babbage

Broken In
I have been installing autopatcher on my pc everytime Digit offered one in its DVD or CD. I want to know whether every new version of AutoPatcher contains the updates that was included in its previous versions. If I want to install it in a new pc right now, will I have to install all the previous versions or is it that only installing the latest full version of the software will do? Please also post about experiences with Autopatcher in this thread. I personally love it! But all the Power tools are not so useful. It is a great asset to those who are hesitant to manually edit their registry! Keep posting everybody!!

Sourabh

Laptoping
Autopatcher releases contain post Service Pack 2 updates for Windows XP. You dont need to install previous Autopatcher releases every time a new full release of Autopatcher comes out. If there is just an updated Autopatcher(smaller in size), you would require the previous month's release too. Digit lags with its autopatcher releases on their DVD by a month most of the times. If you can download it directly, you can look for it at neowin after the second Tuesday of every month when MS releases security updates for a given month.

I like autopatcher too, but I make it a point only to install the critical security updates. Other goodies are mostly not required by most.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Saurabh said:
I like autopatcher too, but I make it a point only to install the critical security updates.

same here... after a XP install... rather waiting hours for the auto update to finish and rather wasting the bandwidh... i preffer installing the updates from the autopatcher...

tough few optional pack that i install from AutoPacther thats JAVA run time / Flash and Shockwave player... stuff like those... :)

Stalker

Padawan
well after installing Autopatcher........the system does not "run with the speed of light", sometimes it actually SLOWS DOWN!!

OP
B

Babbage

Broken In
The future of Autopatcher

Windows Vista is sure to contain flaws[ as its from microsoft :) ]. Autopatcher Vista must also be on the cards then isn't it? Must be a tough job for the Autopatcher team eh? What are your views??

Anand_RF

Journeyman
Stalker said:
well after installing Autopatcher........the system does not "run with the speed of light", sometimes it actually SLOWS DOWN!!
The added security slows windows down.
And yes, Vista will have its own autopatcher I guess. I mean, Vista isn't out of beta yet and the first thing you see after install is a question asking you whether to turn on automatic updates or not.

busyanuj

In the zone
Reply: The future of Autopatcher

Babbage said:
Windows Vista is sure to contain flaws[ as its from microsoft :) ]. Autopatcher Vista must also be on the cards then isn't it? Must be a tough job for the Autopatcher team eh? What are your views??

well the Autopatcher team doesn't exactly write patches for any version of Windows. It simply gives you an integrated environment to install all the post SP2 updates in one go and some additional tweaks for your system.
The updates are still released and provided by Microsoft.

Same will be the case for Autopatcher Vista, if and when it is released.

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
well when i used autopatcher for very first time i got many problems...but after newer and new updates i found my pc rocking...but
now i dont use auotpatcher....i do change my registry myself...and i learned many new things...and my pc still rocking...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Autopatcher provides u with a lot of options.Before installing read the tweaks carefully which u are going to apply.I install autopatcher regularly but have not noticed my pc running slower because of it.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
just install the updates and ignore the addons. And what did you mean by changin the registry @ joey? what have updates got to do with the registry?

Dipen01

Youngling
So to make it simple...

After Fresh XP install + SP2,

Which Autopatcher/Update do we need to d/l or apply...for make system Optimum..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom