the Arch Linux thread

Theodre

In the zone
tried the same in the Bumblebee page.. but not working

Can you please be a bit more specific @prudhivisekhar ?

Are you facing the issue while trying to install the Manjaro system or are you facing the issue after it got installed?
What did you try in the Bumblebee page? And which bumblebee page are you talking about? is it this one :emoji_point_right: Bumblebee - NVIDIA Optimus support for Linux! ?

Neo

Anyone facing a problem with WiFi getting hard blocked after waking up from suspend? My card is Realtek 8723BE
Nothing seems to fix it but a reboot

I know it's a common problem but wondering if someone has a solution

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have never really encountered this issue so I don't really have a solution, but I have heard a lot about this issue even on other distros.

Found this solution on the web: RTL8723BE wireless fix and other realtek - Linux Mint Forums, might work for Arch as well.

Neo

Yeah Realtek cards suck on Linux.
That solution you linked seems like it's for a different issue. I have tried everything Google has to offer but in vain.

Thanks though

Snehit Sah

Broken In
*pretalx.com/arch-conf-online-2020/
Arch conf is starting today (Oct 10). The first talk is from 3:30pm IST. Arch Linux users will probably want to watch.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Goes on till 8 pm IST. That's one long conference. I'll perhaps watch it for certain sections.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
i have fedora as my second os right now.i want to install vanilla arch(consider me a bit too curious :] ) replacing my win 10 ,i already deleted windows partitions to make enough space for it ,downloaded iso from indian mirror(iitk.ac.in) .checked signature

gpg --keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve --verify archlinux-2021.09.01-x86_64.iso.sig
gpg: assuming signed data in 'archlinux-2021.09.01-x86_64.iso'
gpg: Signature made Wednesday 01 September 2021 04:58:32 PM IST
gpg: using RSA key 4AA4767BBC9C4B1D18AE28B77F2D434B9741E8AC
gpg: issuer "pierre@archlinux.de"
gpg: Good signature from "Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>" [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 4AA4 767B BC9C 4B1D 18AE 28B7 7F2D 434B 9741 E8AC

its saying good signature and still warns me.am i doing something wrong here or am i good to go and install?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Unless you are using some script to install, I suggest not installing it on your machine directly if it's your first time installing Arch. Practice installing it on a VM before you attempt to install it on actual hardware.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
Unless you are using some script to install, I suggest not installing it on your machine directly if it's your first time installing Arch. Practice installing it on a VM before you attempt to install it on actual hardware.
yea .but my pc is like a vm anyways, 4gigs ram and pentium g4560. But everything worked out fine. Although i'm unsure which dock to use might change de too.it was kde that i concluded yesterday.

In order to ensure i'm installing correctly i did use sites like linuxiac and youtube channels like distrotube and some other channels although i used 'cfdisk' to partition and it was easier that way than what was used by the guides,
on my fedora after removing both xfce and gnome i installed kde ,but at default it consumed 1.5gb(minus 200mb for system monitor)
so i wanted to see how a vanilla arch consumes :](Kde neon would be fine but i may not settle with this de,)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929_124005.png
    Screenshot_20210929_124005.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 115

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I'd suggest choose one DE and stick with it. Try not to install multiple DEs simultaneously because that will introduce a lot of bloat.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
I'd suggest choose one DE and stick with it. Try not to install multiple DEs simultaneously because that will introduce a lot of bloat.
yes.thats true .i'm considering to settle with fedora with gnome dash to dock(i im a sucker for the app drawer on old gnome ,top to bottom i think i used it on 18.10 linux ) ,and be satisfied with kde on arch for now. if i need to i'll remove everything and install another one so that any glitch could be avoided i guess

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Ooh, necrobumping. I know its usually against rules, but I'm trying to be more active on the forum again so I'm doing it anyway.

Mesa 24 was just released on Arch linux (coming soon to other distros near you), bringing the AMD cards up to performance parity in RT workloads with their windows drivers. Which means I can finally run Witcher 3 (the new updated one) with raytracing at just under 30 FPS. Still south of playable, but a considerable improvement over the previous ~15 FPS or so.

(Performance jump in raytracinginvulkan-git is also 30%, from 17FPS to 22 FPS)

Top Bottom