The ANGRY Pixel | Gaming Indians GotY 2007 : Prize Winners Announced !

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Re: The ANGRY Pixel | Gaming Indians Game Of The Year 2007: Vote and Win.

pathiks said:
I want the 8600gt... btw ctrl-alt-del wen r the prizes goin to be announced.?

You mean when are the winners of these awesome prizes be announced, right?

That will be done in the first week of January.

Keep checking back at the site to follow the games that were winners of GOTY 2007. We will start announcing the GOTY winners in batches along with a small write up about why they made it there.

Once the Game Of The Year has been announced, the prize winners will be chosen by a lucky-draw.

For all those who have already voted, you would have recieved an email with a link for the confirmation page where you have to give your valid Indian address as this sweepstakes is open only for residents of India.

If anyone has not recieved the mail yet, please leave a message here and I will look into it.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^already received that email and filled up that form.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

@ctrl_alt_del - The rules and regulations is fine, but since you're asking for everything including phone number, I miss a statement there, indicating, the details of the participants will be kept confidential and not shared with anyone unrelated to the event.

I know it won't happen but officially if that statement is there, just in case... I hope you understand, we need to protect our privacy and our rights :)

Pathik

Google Bot

^^ Yep. I still haven't filled that form. Bcos m not comfortable with sharing my address.

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven

I agree with you and acknowledge the oversight by us. But be assured, none of this data will be shared with anyone who is not 100% involved with us right from the start of the event. Even in this case, under no circumstances will the personal data, as in Name, adresses and phone numbers, be divulged to anyone in any case. To ally your fears, let me tell you that only two persons from The ANGRY Pixel are privy to the personal data and both are highly respected members and moderators at the Thinkdigit forums. It's something done by the community and we are a part of the same community with the same concerns and fears. So fear not, for we will not be doing anything to you which we will not prefer doing to ourselves.

For those who haven't given their addresses and phone numbers, they are required for the process of delivery of prizes if you happen to be the lucky winners. All the personal details will be destroyed once the event is complete.

And I have a small announcement to make as well:

Due to overwhelming public demand (God! I always wanted to say that!!), the last date of voting has been pushed to 31st December 2007, midnight. That means, right as the clock strikes 11:59:59 PM on 31st December 2007, all voting will be stopped. So if you are not busy getting lucky on New Year's eve, why not try your luck for one last time in 2007 and see if Lady Luck favors you this time around?

Once the voting closes, we will need a good part of the first week of January to get over our hangovers and get down to doing the thing that we have been dreading to i.e. picking up the winner for all these goodies. Once that is done, you will be intimated about the winners on the forum as well as by individual emails.

As promised, the articles for the GOTY 2007 will start going up some time after midnight tonight. We have been breaking our backs writing all the good stuff, so it will be great if you guys will drop down to give us a pat on the pack, a small comment perhaps and if possible, a 1000$ cheques. We know a few here who have couple dollar bills lying around, so why not spread the festive spirit? :) Jokes apart, do take some time to read the articles and tell us what do you think about the same.

I would like to collectively thank all of you on behalf of TAP and GI for the great support that you have given us in the past few weeks. It's the community feedback that has kept us going and ensuring that this novel initiative is a huge success and the base for bigger and better things to come. As we come to the last leg of the TAP | GI | Tech2 GOTY 2007, we are looking forward to you guy's continuing support, right through the end of this year and to the next.

Last edited:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...

ctrl_alt_del said:
If anyone has not recieved the mail yet, please leave a message here and I will look into it.
Hey I still haven't got any e-mail...:(

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Click here to know if you are one of the lucky few who managed to bag something from our overflowing bag of goodies!

===========================================================================

If you have missed out on the three contests for the three mega prizes i.e. Halo 3 Master Chief Helmet, XFX 8600 GT and BioShock LE with Big Daddy Figurine, you still have time to get cracking! You still have time for this contest to wound up. The winners of the mega prizes will be announced on a later date.

*www.theangrypixel.com/images/whoareyou.jpg

Maintenance - Mail Delivery Infection

We’re working as hard as we can to remove every trace of it from our systems. I repeat, do not send any communication to this digital infestation on our servers.
Discussions on the clues is going on here!

*www.theangrypixel.com/images/msgintercept.jpg

We Are Facing A Huge Crysis

We seem to be getting the strangest emails these days. Look at this doozy junk that popped up in my email today morning. We seem to be intercepting some sort of weird military transmissions from an unmapped island somewhere in North Korea. I don’t know what the hell this thing says, but if you guys figure it out, I suppose it will be useful to you somehow. Bloody roten code (SET3-SUBSET6), driving our servers down. First the mail infection and now this, what the hell am I even gonna do? Maybe I should take a closer look at this crysis. ARG! I’m gonna go stark, raving mad any day now…

*www.theangrypixel.com/images/atlaswasright.jpg

Maintenance - Mail Delivery Infection

Nailed that bastard! After two weeks of not being able to post anything, and getting our site hijacked and junk posted by some unknown hacker, we’ve managed to isolate him, detect his intrusion and kick him the hell out. Needless to say, this is the last you’ll see of him.

Turns out he’s some asshole called Atlas and he’s the one responsible for all the weird stuff you’ve been seeing on our site for all these days. We couldn’t get a fix on his location, since the weird trace that we ran pointed out that he was somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic. Yeah, right! In any case, we’re not sure what damage he’s caused to our systems, but we managed to retreive one log that he forgot to delete after his hack. Looks like he managed to find some sort of file… but we can’t find it anywhere on our servers. We’ve put up the log of his hack in this post. Goddamn if I know what needs to be done… but at least its over.

Hustlerr

[Next-Gen]
Hey i have won, My name is in the list. But i didn't got any mail yet :(

What to do guyz , plz suggest ??

M i so late ?????

Last edited:
OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Congratulations! What did you win?

The mails were sent out today morning. Please check your mail box and tell us if you have received it yet or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom