The 2019 Forum Improvement Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Animated avatars when?

Also, the New Posts block on the left side of the homepage says "<thread_creator's_name> replied" instead of "<last_replying_user's_name> replied". Needs fix or perhaps remove the block altogether?

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
  • How about adding mandatory Introduction rule for newcomers.
  • Gold/Points system and shop to purchase items like glowing usernames,signature,new themes,class promotions etc

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Mandatory intro rule won't achieve much except for one additional spam/spam-like post.That new posts block issue is there for a long time now & I think it requires tinkering with xenforo addons/CP settings which only @Raaabo & @Anorion have access to. I think priority should be given to google captcha/general question(something like Kashmir is part of which country,Sachin plays which game etc) which should stop spam from Pakistani IPs & some foreign IPs too.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^Mandatory intro rule won't achieve much except for one additional spam/spam-like post.That new posts block issue is there for a long time now & I think it requires tinkering with xenforo addons/CP settings which only @Raaabo & @Anorion have access to. I think priority should be given to google captcha/general question(something like Kashmir is part of which country,Sachin plays which game etc) which should stop spam from Pakistani IPs & some foreign IPs too.
My thoughts exactly. The intro post itself will be spam lol. Can we not blanket ban IPs in the 39.x.x.x range?

Improve emoticon/smiley system. It's not worth using currently IMO.

Isn't there a way to remove xenForo from top left?

The headings are smaller than sub-headings. People post a lot of other buying advice stuff in Mobile buying advice sub-section. Maybe just keep the heading in a bigger font & remove the description (or something else that's visually better & easy to catch).
tdf.JPG

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Oh wow bunch of stuff to work on
will get fiddling in the back end and see what I can do, need to familiarise myself with it, actually don't do much in there, don't wanna break anything

Thanks for the inputs, keep em coming

Flash

Lost in speed
Before the 10-post moderation for Newbies, Spam posts were under the limit to a certain extent - now its over the roof.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
It has been blue for me, why are you guys seeing it in green?
Yes it's blue always sky blue for me.
I think OP have been abducted by some ETs which have experimented on him because of which he is seeing in different colours other than those displayed here.:eeek::D

Yes it's blue always sky blue for me.
I think OP have been abducted by some ETs which have experimented on him because of which he is seeing in different colours other than those displayed here.:eeek::D
I didn't know about the dark mode...

It is good but the red (maroon) font needs to be a bit lighter shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom