The 2018 Forum Improvement Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
And which major Indian tech forum is not facing the same issues.I have seen TE & most activity there seems to be discussions around modi & rahul.Their config recommendation is outdated overall. As for "bazaar" section,just look at erodov.All they have left is bazaar section only,almost nobody there post in other sections(even their main page banner ads are of products from 2013-14).

As for "no mods seems to be active other than Anorion" this is simply incorrect.Myself & @Vyom are quite active.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No MOD seems to be active other than Anorion.
:'( Ek pal me paraya kar diya.

Well, we can only try to pass your suggestions to the all mighty. You can't force veteran members to be active.
But as they say to see the change, be the change. All you can do is to be active yourself and try to engage others. That's the best one can do.
I myself have moved to reddit now. The amount of content you see on reddit, and the pace with which discussions happen on reddit is way beyond any forum can handle. But I still remain active on forum. Forum (and especially this) have a special place in my life. I tend to ask for advice of all sorts here. This forum is more personalized with Indian tech enthusiasts. So people who will like forum will remain active no matter what. This forum is now basically a very closed community.
I don't think one can do much about forums in general.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Exactly.Also this forum is the most "allrounder tech forum" because some members here are quite knowledgeable about certain pc components/tech.e.g.in psu recommendations TE is far behind.I just saw some threads on /r/indiangaming & I can say that suggestions given here are a bit better(software as well as hardware) if people can have a bit more patience to wait for replies.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
And which major Indian tech forum is not facing the same issues.I have seen TE & most activity there seems to be discussions around modi & rahul.Their config recommendation is outdated overall. As for "bazaar" section,just look at erodov.All they have left is bazaar section only,almost nobody there post in other sections(even their main page banner ads are of products from 2013-14).

As for "no mods seems to be active other than Anorion" this is simply incorrect.Myself & @Vyom are quite active.
Sorry man I forgot about you and vyom.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^Exactly.Also this forum is the most "allrounder tech forum" because some members here are quite knowledgeable about certain pc components/tech.e.g.in psu recommendations TE is far behind.I just saw some threads on /r/indiangaming & I can say that suggestions given here are a bit better(software as well as hardware) if people can have a bit more patience to wait for replies.
You are absolutely correct man. This is an all rounder tech suggestions forum except in Bazar section. If Raabo can initiate changes like in TE or erodov regarding Bazar section here also then no other forum can beat this.

Like Vyom said in the above thread, yes this is a closed community forum but also has support from its main entity, ie. Digit magazine.

I mean regarding illumination of the existence of this forum for new members come when they visit digit magazine online website.

I also came to know about its existence throught digit magazine only.

I used to regularly buy magazines like Digit, Skoar, Chip monthly I mean.

Then became a member of this forum.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
BTW, are we using captchas when new users register? I have a strong feeling that a lot of these spam users are bots.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What the hell is with all the spam lately? I thought new users couldn't post anything without mod approval until they reach 10 (or so) posts.

That limit was removed sometime back AFAIK.

-------------------------

@Anorion What is the current version in use? How about upgrading to 2.1? This version of Xenforo seems to have push notification support as mentioned here --> XF 2.1 - Push notifications

There is a request for a separate Digit Forum app from members here --> Request: Make Digit forum free mobile app for Android
Adding push support and then building a very simple webview app could combine to make a sort of acceptable app that needs minimal to nil effort to maintain while highlighting and increasing connect with the Digit brand.

------------------------

Also would it be possible to get rid of the top laptop survey banner once a member has already completed that survey? On mobile it takes too much real estate as seen below:
Screenshot_20181219-132112.png

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I browse the forum regularly, but I just don't post. I was pretty active till last year and then graduate school took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom