tell me why :antivirus size some big some small

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everybody is just telling u the size of other AV....
Well Why some AVs are big and some small
Lets take the the example of Norton, they are not only the virus scanners but give u some other utilities to maintain ur computer.

they r big companies dont they know that the task can be
done with a small installation.

They do know that task can be completed with very small installation but they if they dont give some other sevices how they will run. Thats the market strategy that we(Companies) are giving this and they are not....
And these companies are providing these utilities for users benefit.
Due to these installations become very large.

I am too not in favour of such heavy installations. I use Avast4.7

Aakash

G

gxsaurav

Size of an antivirus application depends on the underlying engine, & the code, along with all the features

Norton compared to Kaspersky or NOD32 is big, but u guys are also forgetting that norton Antivirus 2006 has far many more features compared to the other Antivirus, such as worm blocking, network protection etc

some of these features are also in the other AVs, one thing that I would say indeed, that sticking to Windows Native UI & interface helps in reducing the overall size

the code of norton antivirus is age old, which is the biggest reason for it to be a bloat, now with Vista changing it's networking stack, I hope, Norton gets a whole re-write of it's code, with optimization in mind

I use NAV 2005, got 1 GB RAM, & it just sits inside the system, I don't care how much RAM it eats, I disable it when not online anyway, to free up CPU cycles for other things

anandk

Distinguished Member
some have it big...some have it small...doeznt matter !
what matters is how good a job it (the anti-virus) does ! ;-)

moshel

Padawan
maybe becos ppl think, the bigger the better. not many ppl wud pay 2000 rs for a 5 mb software, if they get a 50 mb software for the same price. they will go for the 50 mb software, even if its crap. this may not be wat all think but there surely wud be some ppl who think this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom