Teacher Throws Fit; Linux is NOT Free and Holds Children Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
In an age where Windows and OS X reign supreme, it's no wonder that a local AISD middle school teacher became enraged after discovering one of her students distributing what she believed to be bootlegged copies of an operating system in class.

While teacher "Karen" was clearly operating under the assumption that she'd scored a minor victory for the Microsofts and other downtrodden software giants of the world, the particular operating system that she ended up disciplining her student for was a freely distributable version of Linux.

Original Entry: *linuxlock.blogspot.com/2008/12/linux-stop-holding-our-kids-back.html

Source: *austinist.com/2008/12/10/aisd_teacher_throws_fit_over_studen.php

unni

In the zone
I have placed a call to the AISD Superintendent and cc'd him a complete copy of your email. It looks like we will get to meet in his office when School starts again after the holiday. I am anxious to meet a person who is this uninformed and still holds a position of authority and learnedness over our children.
I hope it won't backfire on her (if she is good in her teaching).

vaithy

In the zone
LMAO!! a teacher who never heard about LINUX :lol:

She know what is Linux

read the para care fully
Mr. Starks, I along with many others tried Linux during college and I assure you, the claims you make are grossly over-stated and hinge on falsehoods. I admire your attempts in getting computers in the hands of disadvantaged people but putting linux on these machines is holding our kids back.

Perhaps she must have experienced the Linux ,when Linus was uploading his codes thro'internet, and the communities were in the compiling stage..

vaithy

red_devil

Back!
^^ LMAO :lol:

i'm very sure she added that "..I along with many others tried Linux during college.." $hit just to convince that she had heard about LINUX.

anyone who knows about LINUX would never have written such B$ !!

vaithy

In the zone
My sympathies lies with the teacher'Karen'.. When Ballmere said'Linux is Cancer' nobady raise fingers.. but poor 'Karen' is thrashed all over the internet ...One Poster in a website, googled thousands 'Karen in the particular District from the Directory.. and e-mails are bombarding the other innocent 'Karen'.. Mr.Stark to prove his case unwittingly allowed the witch hunting, by naming her, in his blog.
I happened to met hundreds of such 'karen' every day..nearest me., or in my office.. even in the 'digit 'forum..So charactor 'Karen' is not a individual..but a symbol which identified the 'Ballmere's empire grip over the ordinary citizen..

vaithy

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
To be honest I found Computer Teachers of School noober than their students :p Atleast what I have seen till date :p

To be honest I found Computer Teachers of School noober than their students :p Atleast what I have seen till date :p
Not a surprise. My cousin (at 10), who knew the ins and outs of PowerPoint, was failed by the teacher reasoning that he is doing "wrong things" when in reality he had far more knowledge than her in PowerPoint. The teacher apologised later though. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom