Taskbar vanished!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, today when I powered on my PC, its not displaying taskbar. However time I restart my PC or my explorer, it doesn't show up.

Getting only desktop icons, nothing else.
Able to access all drives, task-manager, registry no issues with that...

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Check if explorer.exe is running in process task manager . . I usually run this process when comp hangs and taskbar goes . .

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I think you have resized the task bar completely. check if you can see a thin blue bar(unless you have changed the theme). hover the cursor near the bottom of the screen and see if the resize icon appears. Press the window button and see if the start menu appears.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I didn't resize the taskbar.
I never do that and I hate that.

In the morning, when electricity went off, PC shutdown automatically (I've set it through APC). Next when it restarted automatically as electricity came, its not showing taskbar.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
This is how it shows now.
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46509_vojn0/Taskbar_gayeb.JPG

And I'm doing all task by pressing windows key
or Win+R key combinations.

Well, I've found something, let me try and I'll post result.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=*www.imgx.org/view/full/46509_vojn0%20target=_blank%3E[img]*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/46509_vojn0/Taskbar_gayeb.JPG

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Universal solution to all Windows problems - Format *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fixed!!!

What I did:- (well last time I told I found something....that something didn't work)
On startup disabled: Everything that I don't like. Mainly theme based services.
Went to safe mode, did a registry scan with "UniBluRegistryBooster". It found 40 issues (CCleaner found nothing!!! my old faithful betrayed me :-()

Restarted machine...........andf voila!!!!!!!!

I'm back baby!!!!!!! Yeppyyyyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom